Story Critique Queue

I'd like to have a story reviewed.

I've participated in one discussion and will get to the current one later tonight. The story I have in mind is the latest released chapter of the novel I started with my 2008 Halloween contest submission.

I've been gone from writing and mostly from lit for the past 6 weeks and need to get writing again. So I figured why not get a discussion going about my last chapter while I write the next one. Let me know where I stand in the queue.

Since priority is based first on previous participation, unless I missed something, the current queue is: loganforester, regularguynsac, hypnopup.

I've participated. At least I think I have. Just not sure if I've done it in the right areas.

:)

Let me know. I am trying to follow along in the main thread.

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the quick reply to my impiied question! If you've participated in prior discussions, then I've already skipped you inappropriately and you should be next in the queue.

Penny

<- Post Icon

Story Discussion threads all feature the post icon, which resembles a sheet of paper(see above), and have titles beginning with "Story Discussion". Anyone with good intentions is welcome to join a discussion and share their thoughts on the story. Rarely does a discussion formally close, though the active period tends to be about a week. The most recent discussion maybe be found here: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=649043

Sorry, I'm cancelling my entry. I got enough decent feedback that I know where I need to make some serious revisions before asking for more feedback. Thanks anyway! I'll hopefully try back when I've got a better rewrite or a different story.

Sorry, I'm cancelling my entry. I got enough decent feedback that I know where I need to make some serious revisions before asking for more feedback. Thanks anyway! I'll hopefully try back when I've got a better rewrite or a different story.

No problem. :) Come back whenever you have another story you want to put up. Feel free though to continue to participate in others' critiques!

loganforester said:
I'd like to have a story reviewed. I've participated in one discussion and will get to the current one later tonight. The story I have in mind is the latest released chapter of the novel I started with my 2008 Halloween contest submission.

Hi Logan,

I got the queue order issues sorted out and you're next. Feel free to start your thread whenever you are ready. If you have any questions or issues, or if you aren't ready yet, just let us know.

Take Care,
Penny

Hi Logan,

I got the queue order issues sorted out and you're next. Feel free to start your thread whenever you are ready. If you have any questions or issues, or if you aren't ready yet, just let us know.

Take Care,
Penny

Thanks, I'll get it posted tonight.

regularguynsac said:
Story: Unamed as of yet. This is Chapter one and it's still progressing

The story is about a man who meets a lady he's been having a virtual relationship with over a period of months. She surprises him at their first meeting by showing up married, with her husband.

The idea was to write concerning certain lifestyle aspects without it coming across like just another Bondage, the hope was to end up with something that placed images in the mind and tested the boundaries of the reader

Please remember.. this is only chapter one. It's meant to be an introduction with small interactions to expose character traits of the 3 main characters.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hi Sam,

Could you be ready to start your discussion sometime this weekend?

Penny

Where did everyone disappear to? Was my story that scary:D. Seriously, I'm quite sure mine has run more than it's required time and someone else can have the spotlight whenever they want it? Anyone? Don't make me beg.

Where did everyone disappear to? Was my story that scary:D. Seriously, I'm quite sure mine has run more than it's required time and someone else can have the spotlight whenever they want it? Anyone? Don't make me beg.

I still have to get round to that one when work is less crazy and I've got some time again. Expect me to necro that thread at some point in the old better late than never philosophy :D

loganforester said:
The queue is empty other than Sam, who was supposed to start his discussion over the weekend, however he's disappeared. I hope it's not because of an unforeseen real life issue for him, but that's usually what it is when a member just vanishes.

I still have to get round to that one when work is less crazy and I've got some time again. Expect me to necro that thread at some point in the old better late than never philosophy :D

That's fine whenever you get the chance. It's an ongoing project(I have no idea how long it will take to complete, it's very long), so being late is pretty much impossible.

This place had really picked up since the start of the year, but it's starting to fade again. Hope we get some new participants soon.

loganforester said:
This place had really picked up since the start of the year, but it's starting to fade again. Hope we get some new participants soon.
It's always been cyclic here, at least over the last several years, so a lull is no surprise. If Sam doesn't reappear within the next few days and no one else expresses an interest , I'll offer a story. And it's not as if we can't also discuss other writerly topics, like Keroin's opening lines thread.

Unfortunate that it's gotten quiet in here again. I wouldn't mind another one of my stories to be critiqued although it would be nice for more authors to come on over.

I like this place. Forces me to read stories and analyze them which helps me as a writer (I think)

I posted a thread over on the AH asking for volunteers so maybe someone will come over.

Sam's (a.k.a regular guy) is back; turns out his issue was computer related. I've given him the green light to start his discussion this weekend.

Crim said:
I posted a thread over on the AH asking for volunteers so maybe someone will come over.
Good idea. Thank you.

Erin said:
I wouldn't mind another one of my stories to be critiqued...
You're certainly welcome to do so!

I will post for the weekend.

I will be asking for readers to critique each of the three sections and then give me direction for part 4.

Thank you for the interest.

If there's no one in line, can I go next?

Hi,

Erin is in line, but my understanding is that she's willing to wait until there are no other volunteers, so you can go next.

The guidelines are above in post #73. If the story (or portion thereof) is already posted, you're welcome to start your thread whenever you are ready.

Take Care,
Penny

Last edited:
Back