Christian writers and readers meet here!

As I wrote, my brother's family are southern Baptists but I have never seen them push their faith on anyone. His in laws do missionary work and have traveled the world. I admire their devotion, they are honest and caring people who give their time and money to help the less fortunate. Heck, now I sound preachy, as if it was only religous people who help others. Sorry, not meant that way.


Nymphy? You can hug me, I'm very nice. Ask anyone. :D
 
Woodnymph...well come in for a cuddle whenever you like. I promise only to cuddle and not to give the finger *L*


Rhino...I know what you mean. I believe inthe trinity quite emphatically but it's a tricky thing to explain even if you've been trained to explain it you know?

But yeah I'm another screwed up individual getting by on a prayer and the help of the Holy Spirit. :)
 
EL

Huggs... must I admit to being Christian as well... watches the jaws drop.

I find fault in organized religion however. It is up to us to read and interpret our holy wrtings.

Christians have had little trouble finding justification for violence or for condemnation of sex.

Actually much more is said in the bible about NOT perpetrating violence upon each other and yet... it still serves as a cause for violence.

Very little is said about sex and one can read it any way one wants.

I choose to believe that it means it's not ok to hit anyone with a brick... but nothing prohibits hitting a willing subject with a passionate kiss... or even (gasp!!!) a two headed rubber impliment.
 
quote:
__________________________________________________
Originally posted by rhinoguy

I feel that I am not an example of a good Christian..rather a good example of a Christian....a screwed up individual struggling on this earth with the help of the Holy Spirit.

__________________________________________________

What a wonderful way of stating it! Thank you :)
 
cookiejar said:
quote:
__________________________________________________
Originally posted by rhinoguy

I feel that I am not an example of a good Christian..rather a good example of a Christian....a screwed up individual struggling on this earth with the help of the Holy Spirit.

__________________________________________________

What a wonderful way of stating it! Thank you :)

Cookie

hear hear!!!!!
 
rhino

I agree with you... up to the point where the community interjects it's view on you and TELLS you how to believe/read/interpret

Organized religion has turned the equasion around... from being a place where people with similar intrepretations congregate... to being a group determined to tell you how to believe... and in extreme cases.. FORCE you to

This is not a merely Christian experience.. but a human one shared by sects of MOST major religions
 
While I have always felt that religion is a very personal thing, I admire those that stand up for what they believe knowing they might face ridicule - English Lady, kudos to you!

I'm not Christian, however I can't find fault in people that sincerely believe. As far as I'm concerned, spirituality is spirituality, although we may approach it from different paths.

I don't mind someone trying to tell me that God has changed their life - I do mind when someone assumes that the path they walk is 1) right for me as well, and 2) is the only "right" one. There are many ways of getting to the same destination. I don't condemn anyone for their beliefs and just want the same in return, that's all.

Lately I've gotten very exasperated with Mormon-bashing, which seems to be fashionable again. While I do tend to see it as more of a cult than a bonafide religion, I also have very first-hand experience with Mormons, and have found most of them to be very sincere in their beliefs and good people, even if some of the things they believe in are a little strange.
 
*hugs* dreampilot-I do agree with you there. Sex is a a God given gift.Why shouldn'twe praise him via that? Why can't we praise him for the pleasure our human bodies get through joining together in such an intimate way?

Rhino..I do see what you mean but it is difficult to find a community you feel at home in sometimes. I'm between churches right now as I can't find one that feels right for both my daughter and I.

I think there is a diffence between a church and an organized religion as a whole. I think communicating with other Christians is essential to your faith.

but through what the bible says God is here now in this thread as we gather together. This is fellowship.
 
I haven't read this thread, yet, but I will. I just wanted to say, that the best thing about being here on this particular porn site is kowing the people. I can use my faith to try and help others that need it. I trust in God always and pray every day to just simply do His will. I know at the end of the day, I've always done just what He wants me to. Not once did I ever feel asked to leave this place or stop what my love is, writing foremost.

I started writing porn because I wanted to start writing period. Sex was a topic that I felt I could write well and learn my basic techniques and get some writing advice then move on. I also came here because I can submit stories and gain valubale advice from a group of people I never thought could care so much.
 
rhinoguy said:
righto.
and THAT is not the fault of the religion of Christianity it is the inherent fault of Man and his egotistical misinterpretation of the Word.

I have said before that "Christians" too often are the worst spokes people for the Religion they SUPPOSEDLY represent.

I totally agree... it is not the fault of Allah... that some of the Islamic faith think it's their dubty to kill christians. It is the people filled with hate that pervert it.

It is not the fault of Christ that some baptists think they hold the only path and need to herd the rest of us down it.

Like believers in any faith CAN organize themselves into like minded groups. BUT due to human nature that usually tends to turn into something else... something NOT sponsored by the god they profess.
 
Cloudy...I know where you're coming from I really do. I would never ever bash someone else's faith.

I do believe that is is God who sorts out who's going to Heaven and whatnot. It's not myplace to condemn people because of what they do or do not believe. Only God can do that.


Ahh I had some frienly mormons come round and see me in my old house and I tried to get to know them and to talk to them about my faith. They were lovely but very blinkered. they wanted me to listen to their practised spiel and didn't listen much to what I had to say. I felt if we could have got round that I could have happily kept on chatting to them. Anyhow thats just one experience and i enhanced my faith through it. So God love'em for that eh?

And thats the point. God loves everyone and so should we. Not condemn, love.

So cloudy I hope to see you round here in future :)

rikaaim...hello there :) I know how you feel. I don't think God's upset about what I write either :)
 
dreampilot79 said:
I totally agree... it is not the fault of Allah... that some of the Islamic faith think it's their dubty to kill christians. It is the people filled with hate that pervert it.

It is not the fault of Christ that some baptists think they hold the only path and need to herd the rest of us down it.

Like believers in any faith CAN organize themselves into like minded groups. BUT due to human nature that usually tends to turn into something else... something NOT sponsored by the god they profess.

And I say a hearty Amen to that!
 
rhinoguy said:
hmmmm...
are we getting off track debating Christianity and religion?

English Lady...?

not quite what you thread was meant to be, eh?

Welllll I don't knowwhat the thread was intended for *L* If this is the way it's going thats ok by me.

Anyone want a drink and a biscuit?*L*
 
If you really want to see religious bashing....

I happen to live in Amish country. You would be surprised by the amount of physical bashing that goes on.

People deliberately running buggies off the road.. even a couple of "accidental" cases of Amish on bikes or walking being hit by motorists who planned to "scare" them and got too close.

The Amish are great people.. I don't happen to believe that driving a buggy or passing on electricity (and right now it's cold so lets throw in modern heating systems). I do however respect them for holding to their beliefs.

O.K..... O.K. at 18 they are allowed for one or two years to throw their beliefs in the trash can and have a car and other things.... a few can go a tad wild for that time... but hey that's human nature, the price of being young.

Very few of them fall far from the tree. The vast majority go back to their faith.. a few slip all the way to joining the meninite church (kind of the Amish half way house to the rest of us) but few flee further than that.
 
kick or kiss Rhino. Show the love darling, show the love!

Dreampilot...it seems fascinating tome that people choose to forego the modern stuff. Good on'em say I. Do what in your heart feels right.

I think emotion and instinct is highly important to me. I feel everything and following my instincts tends to work well.
 
Back
Top