Geek Fetish. Yeah, geeky women...

I consider myself more nerd then geek. To me geek is more awkward. Yes I have my "geeky" moments. Sure I can throw down my nerdiness with the best of them.

But yeah get me in a room full of smart men and start a debate on something scientific...hell yeah game on.

Shall I tell you about my Biochemisty dissertation :-D

Oh that's good I defo get points for my black framed glasses then ;)

Hope I get some points for the EIGHT HOURS SOLID revision I did yesterday, because it was horrible hahaha. x

Yep, you get points.

Eight hours? That's so hot!

Hehehe.

I consider myself more nerd then geek. To me geek is more awkward. Yes I have my "geeky" moments. Sure I can throw down my nerdiness with the best of them.

But yeah get me in a room full of smart men and start a debate on something scientific...hell yeah game on.

You obviously don't need this infographic. But it seems a good place to insert the site "Geeks are Sexy" into this thread.

Who doesn't need Star Wars rock climbing gear?

And anyone who likes this thread might also like satindesire's Nerd Herd thread...

Yep, you get points.

Eight hours? That's so hot!

Hehehe.

Eight hours yesterday TWELVE today. Just got back. Bedtime for a few hours then another full one tomorrow. Pfft can't wait for exams to be out the way so I can go home and see my kitty cats.:cattail::cattail::cattail:

Also based on your infographic I'm resolutely in the half and half. I prefer PC over mac a thousand times over, into techno music, don't like new gadgets.....etc.

Last edited:
Eight hours yesterday TWELVE today. Just got back. Bedtime for a few hours then another full one tomorrow. Pfft can't wait for exams to be out the way so I can go home and see my kitty cats.:cattail::cattail::cattail:

Also based on your infographic I'm resolutely in the half and half. I prefer PC over mac a thousand times over, into techno music, don't like new gadgets.....etc.

Ah, that explains a lot. If you'd used a Mac, it would've taken you half the time.

I like to call myself porky or dunky. Kind of dorky and punky...............but I thought all geeks listened to as least SOME punk music....am I wrong?

HGTG.jpg

As a lifelong Hitchhiker's fan, I think those tats are amazing! I happen to think the Guide's entry on the Babelfish is one of the greatest pieces of written humor ever.

I like to call myself porky or dunky. Kind of dorky and punky...............but I thought all geeks listened to as least SOME punk music....am I wrong?

I'm more of a nerd than a geek myself. But I wonder what bands you listen to. What bands do you consider punky? :confused:

Btw, I agree with those who really liked your AV.

Is is possible to upload AVs from an iPhone?

Need to get this thread going again to aleveate this bad mood.

I'm more of a nerd than a geek myself. But I wonder what bands you listen to. What bands do you consider punky? :confused:

Btw, I agree with those who really liked your AV.

Who do I listen to? Im more of a "modern punk" girl. Nofx, bad religion, guttermouth. But there are so many categories and sun genres of punk and ska and whatnot. That's a tough question to answer without listing off a million bands.

I can't really get past the early 90s. Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Metallica

I can't really get past the early 90s. Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Metallica

Oh god...I LOVE Soundgarden! They did a secret gig waaay back in the day...I scored tickets from Kerrang! and it was just amazing. Never got to see AIC or Nirvana though, sadly.

Oh god...I LOVE Soundgarden! They did a secret gig waaay back in the day...I scored tickets from Kerrang! and it was just amazing. Never got to see AIC or Nirvana though, sadly.

Had tickets for Nirvana in Cardiff. Kurt then promptly blew his head off. I love the man but, couldnt he have waited a few months.

Saw Soundgarden in Reading in '96. I prefer Badmotorfinger as an album. They were my favs too.

As an anthem o the time Mudhoney - Touch me I'm sick

People tend toforget how great 90s music is. Even music im not a huge huge fan of is great if its from the 90s. Ahhhh the memories.

People tend toforget how great 90s music is. Even music im not a huge huge fan of is great if its from the 90s. Ahhhh the memories.

I remember the 90s all too well. I was in high school when Kurt Cobain died. A damn waste. But my personal favorite from the 90s was the remake of Bohemian Rhapsody when Wayne's World came out. Metallica's "Sandman" and "King Jeremy the Wicked" were memorable, as was Guns and Roses' "November Rain" and "Sweet Child of Mine". Just to name off a few. "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden, too. I wasn't strictly punk back then (kind of hard to be, when your father's a Baptist minister). But I listened to a lot of cool stuff when I got the chance. And my brother was always in some band or another.

Another favorite of mine was Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do". I sometimes sing it for my wife. :D

Had tickets for Nirvana in Cardiff. Kurt then promptly blew his head off. I love the man but, couldnt he have waited a few months.

Saw Soundgarden in Reading in '96. I prefer Badmotorfinger as an album. They were my favs too.

As an anthem o the time Mudhoney - Touch me I'm sick

Also Mother Love Bone's Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns. Just amazing.

This thread will probably get kicked into the Playground soon.

My all time fav band. RHCP. Before everyone else liked them when they did Mothers Milk and Uplift Mofo Party Plan and Blood Sugar. When they were funky and rocked.

Lmao. I just thought I was entering a thread in sexual role play that said Courtney Love and couldn't understand why she would be talking in a medieval style. I looked again and it said Courtly Love.

:) Hahahaha. Rofl.

This thread will probably get kicked into the Playground soon.

My all time fav band. RHCP. Before everyone else liked them when they did Mothers Milk and Uplift Mofo Party Plan and Blood Sugar. When they were funky and rocked.

RHCP were so shit when I saw them live in 2007, and I've heard the same from others. Not debating that their recorded stuff is awesome though, especially Poer of Equality and Suck my Kiss,

RHCP were so shit when I saw them live in 2007, and I've heard the same from others. Not debating that their recorded stuff is awesome though, especially Poer of Equality and Suck my Kiss,

I've seen them twice and both times were pretty good but their old albums are the best. As for gigs. Best I've been to are
Amy Winehouse - Concorde2 Brighton when just before Back to Black
Del la Soul - same venue. Hot summers night. Insane. "it's just me myself and I...."
The Gossip - Brighton Corn exchange

PS why the hell did we move from Brighton

Yeah see I guess I am geeky. I have absolutely no ideas want the the posts above me are about. :confused:

Going back to DeepGreeneyes graph. I defiantly skew to the "nerd" side :D

I've seen them twice and both times were pretty good but their old albums are the best. As for gigs. Best I've been to are
Amy Winehouse - Concorde2 Brighton when just before Back to Black
Del la Soul - same venue. Hot summers night. Insane. "it's just me myself and I...."
The Gossip - Brighton Corn exchange

PS why the hell did we move from Brighton

Best I've been to are Son of Dave, Joanna Newsom, Leonard Cohen, Lou Reed, Gogol Bordello and Goldie Lookin Chain[I'm missing out a lot because I don't know how to choose!!!] OH Animal Collective too!!!

This year I'm gonna see Tanya Stephens!

Best I've been to are Son of Dave, Joanna Newsom, Leonard Cohen, Lou Reed, Gogol Bordello and Goldie Lookin Chain[I'm missing out a lot because I don't know how to choose!!!] OH Animal Collective too!!!

This year I'm gonna see Tanya Stephens!

Well the GLC are from my neck of the woods

I saw them support The Darkness.

Back