Newbie Seeks Female Editor For First Story (Voyeur/Exhibionist)

LynnesHusband

Virgin
Joined
Mar 13, 2014
Posts
1

07/22/14 EDITOR FOUND. THANKS TO ALL.

Hello,

I am a new author looking for a female editor for a 19,200 word Voyeur/Exhibitionist story.

Since the main goal of my first story is to appeal equally to male and female readers and I'm male, I need a woman's reaction to the story.

I'm particularly interested in getting the dialog to flow naturally as I've never written dialog before. I've written extensively in my profession but this is the first time I've ever used a quote mark! I'll take any help you care to give and be grateful for it.


I'm a Southerner and intentionally write with a modern Southern flair.

I hope you are interested in helping me be a better author. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Below is an excerpt from my story.

-Begin Excerpt-

The woman in the video put her small purse on the dressing table. Gazing into the full length mirror she turned left and right inspecting herself. Her hands slid slowly up her chest to her neck pushing her black hair up, calling attention to her bare neck. The piano-and-bass jazz background was perfect.

She stood in that hip-shot sexy way women do and put the tip of a finger to her mouth, obviously contemplating something. She glanced quickly to the rear of the stage, toward the imaginary doorway through which she’d entered, as if making sure no one was coming.

Having satisfied herself she was alone she strolled forward on the stage about half way and looked back once more toward the pretend doorway to insure no one was coming. The audience didn’t exist.

She reached up and made a motion that clearly mimed sweeping a set of imaginary floor-to-ceiling drapes open, first to the left then to the right, and gazed out her imaginary bedroom window.

For every man in the audience that picture window became real. As real as she was. We all became voyeurs peeking into this beautiful woman’s bedroom, seeing what we were forbidden to see.

The jazz played on.

-End Excerpt-
 
Last edited:
hi there

Hello there,
I saw your thread today and I'm interested in giving you that female perspective you've been looking for.
I'm 19 and a fairly new editor here (yes, I'm female haha) looking forward to your response.
-cess
 
I think you meant to use "ensure no one was coming"

Insure means to protect against loss; whereas ensure means to make certain.

Good luck!
 
Back
Top