Trespasser OOC

I apologize for missing the question.

I have edited the post to reflect the question. :)

Now I feel crappy for having pointed that out, but strangely also feel special...think the meds are getting to me.

Are anti-depressants supposed to make me...like... -hacks- more emotional?

Should ask my pharmacist friend .... yeah should do that... OK just ignore me... think I should go finish my story.
 
I apologize for missing the question.

Yes, there are numerous species of ancient, extinct plants like the ones you've listed.

There are also current species of flora intermixed with them.

In some places, the two have fought a bit of a war, with the current species winning some, the ancient winning in others. Some may even be close enough genetically to naturally cross-breed.

I have edited the post to reflect the question. :)

The above listed plants are NOT extinct. They are extant. They are survivors from the time of dinosaurs. Watch some horsetails species as they cause a vitamin b deficiency in horses and some bracken fern which are toxic to cattle.

Metasequoias might not be as slow growing as todays sequoias. Dinosaurs aren't mammals so toxicity probably not(?). All would be recognizable to dinosaurs. I'm not sure but grasses may have come about after dinosaurs.

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/dinosaurs/plants/
 
Last edited:
I just want to thank you all for keeping the "Tresspasser" name alive. :)

Such an occult piece of JP lore; a tarnished gem cherished by those who could look past the blaring flaws.

If you haven't yet, check out the v.o. Richard Attenborough did.
I'll be lurking and reading along with your adventures.
 
I just want to thank you all for keeping the "Tresspasser" name alive. :)

Such an occult piece of JP lore; a tarnished gem cherished by those who could look past the blaring flaws.

If you haven't yet, check out the v.o. Richard Attenborough did.
I'll be lurking and reading along with your adventures.

I enjoyed playing the game so long ago. I actually still have it around here somewhere.
 
This is a video game! Guess I will have to Wiki the game.

Actually, no, it's not a video game.

It is very loosely based on the idea from an old PC game by the same name:

InGen's Site B is still alive, still flourishing. And that is as far as it goes inasmuch as the game is concerned.

Merely the concept and title were borrowed.

We are the trespassers here on Isla Sorna.
 
And here I was thinking it was some well thought out foreshadowing reference to Judith.



I think too much.
 
And here I was thinking it was some well thought out foreshadowing reference to Judith.



I think too much.

As far as I know, Judith, nor any specific velociraptor, was never mentioned in the game.

As I stated, the title and concept of InGen's Site B still being in place are the only things taken from the game premise. Everything else is completely a figment of my imagination.

Especially Judith.

You'll see as we go.
 
I didn't mean the game. Nevermind, I really do think too much. I plan my own RP's to an extent, I tend to "drive" them. I guess I assume other people do the same, should know better than that though, not everyone is a detail freak like I am lol
 
I'm a huge details fan. I couldn't stop looking till I found a viable "strange plant". I couldn't find a true fern that had gone extinct. Glossopteris was the last of the seed bearing ferns to die out. I think timeline works.

From what I've read I think that conifers, ferns and horsetails formed majority of foliage and food. Flowering plants came along during dinosaur reign and grasses after. So the scenes in JP of dinosaurs on grassy areas is incorrect. Horsetails are dune grasses. We have them around here on sandy beaches.
 
So the dinos broke into the compound in the middle of the night and ate everyone, story over.


:p
 
Cause and effect.

The electronic guy was asleep, a planted software bug corrupted the AI and it had to reboot, the bug caused a complete power outage. THEN the dinos came into the compound and chowed down.
 
Back
Top