Pegasus' Wings (Mecha Lounge)

yeah the GN-X, they pronounce it Jinx right-sounds like I need a quick rewatching of OO-oh goody.

Can I change mine to the Talgese from Gundam Wing I liked the fact that it was kinda the alpha technology that lead to the beta versions of the Gundams.

Tallgeese is the unit that was scrapped at preproduction, and the creators of it went on to build the Gundams in Wing. Zechs later on had the original Tallgeese prototype reworked. The TG3 is the best version. Epyon's heat rod, plus the mega particle buster from the original TG.
 
Yepp that settles it, I definitely need to rewatch some of these shows.
 
You should see some of the non Gundam stuff. Such as the AGWS units and ESes from Xenosaga, or the Knightmare Frames from Code Geass.
 
Thanks to Adult Swim I've seen Code Geas not a huge fan of their knightmares, but I liked their storyline so (shrugs shoulders) it evens out somehow.
 
Thanks to Adult Swim I've seen Code Geas not a huge fan of their knightmares, but I liked their storyline so (shrugs shoulders) it evens out somehow.

The ones towards the end are pretty cool. And the story is the most convoluted piece of madness I have ever seen. It was beautiful, brilliant.
 
convoluted peice of madness...

C'mon have you seen Lost or Heroes or Smallville

OK I think I get your point, none of those comes in as convuluted as code geas, but the reason I don't like them is that they're so convuluted. (Funny that I didn't mind so much with CG)
 
convoluted peice of madness...

C'mon have you seen Lost or Heroes or Smallville

OK I think I get your point, none of those comes in as convuluted as code geas, but the reason I don't like them is that they're so convuluted. (Funny that I didn't mind so much with CG)

CG's ending was the best I've ever seen in an anime. How many anime out there have the main character die a martyr for the world while being killed out of hatred by the world.
 
A sample of what I'm working on:

Meteor. A large chunk of space debris. Meteorites are what those that normally make it to the surface are called. Humanity's been hunting for them, digging them up, for centuries. Some people dig for money. Some for science. Still others for the thrill of the hunt. Our reasons as a species changed, though, when the largest chunk of debris ever, a nearly three kilometer long chunk of metallic space junk that dug half kilometer wide furrow over the eastern half of the United States before coming to rest on the recently formed new island in the Hawaiian chain. When Meteor Men, those who spent small fortunes finding and examining such impacts, happened upon the crash site, they expected to find a shattered debris field. They didn't expect to find a ship, only half-way demolished by the crash landing. Nor did they expect it to be man-made, and full of dead human bodies in a vaguely Roman-styled dress.

It had become evident that mankind had once been a race of starfarers. Even the name of the vessel, roughly translated as Starsailor, indicated that. And as the furrow itself was explored, they found remnants of ancient battles. Machines that fought on land, in the sea, and even in the air. A past buried before human history began. A past that would soon come back to haunt them.

The reconstruction and reverse engineering of the ship and the weapons they found took nearly ten years. Many machines couldn't be rebuilt, and had to be built anew. Only one machine was found fully intact. But it was inoperable. It wouldn't even turn on, so they put it in a museum, where it sat for a further ten years. Turned into a museum piece, it watched as events unfolded. But it was not a dead machine. It was merely sleeping. Waiting for the day when it would be needed. That day came, twenty five years after the crash that propelled humanity into space.

They came like a vengeful storm. Hundreds of ships. First contact happened in the outer star system. Six human vessels were obliterated in an instant, the colony they guarded vaporized in one shot. The aliens swarmed, attacking everything in their path. The next generation of warships, in development for four years prior, were rushed into service. The aliens were pushed back, but then returned, like the tide. This continued for a year. Back on Earth, the museum piece knew it was time. So when a young man barely out of college visited the museum for inspiration in a hopeless world, it called out to him. No one else heard the voice. As the darkness closed in, a pact was made.
 
Sounds a bit like Robotech meets David Weber's Mutineer's Moon.
 
Yepp Dave is great.

so will that be a group thread or one on one?
 
You've never answered the question razor? What kind of mecha do you prefer something flamboyant like zoids or voltron or realistic like appleseed or Gundam?
 
You've never answered the question razor? What kind of mecha do you prefer something flamboyant like zoids or voltron or realistic like appleseed or Gundam?

Technically, I like all mechs. Other than Mechwarrior's unrealistic birdwalking ones. Zoids amuse me because they're less mech and more Mechanoid. Gundam's good. Robotech's nice except for the headpieces.
 
The only problem I have Dragon is you tend to want to blend Gundam and Zoids together too much.
If I recall your last was a Gundam/Dragon on what you called a Air frame?
I am a Gundam fan boy sure, but I don't always understand all the tech.
So it can make it hard to follow.
And no going into super high detail on what a air frame is or how your mech works from the ground up does not help.
Anyway.
I've been playing too much wow to come up with any good ideas lately.
But I'll try if I can get some free time.
 
The only problem I have Dragon is you tend to want to blend Gundam and Zoids together too much.
If I recall your last was a Gundam/Dragon on what you called a Air frame?
I am a Gundam fan boy sure, but I don't always understand all the tech.
So it can make it hard to follow.
And no going into super high detail on what a air frame is or how your mech works from the ground up does not help.
Anyway.
I've been playing too much wow to come up with any good ideas lately.
But I'll try if I can get some free time.

The airframe is an obvious concept. It's the framework of any aircraft.....
 
Giant robots?

Where! Where!

I finally got around to watching G Saviour. I was more impressed by it for what it was than by Avatar, the big budget blockbuster that everyone's been raving about.
 
Back
Top