New Poetry Recommendations

Sunday December 7th

Watch this space. Nothing posted yet. But this is me reminding myself to do this in a few hours. If no poems are posted today, I will tapdance here.

Tapdancing commences
! No new poems on Sunday this week. More reason to check out the marvelous poems from Saturday, visit and vote. :)

Ok-not really me tapdancing, but this is better anyway. Really.

Last edited:
Monday, December 8th

I see where yesterday's new poems went. There are 22 new poems today! I'll try to keep this brief. I'd rather if you took the time to read these poems than read my review. In the quest for brevity, I'll choose a few favorites which is no easy task from today's selection.

We have 8 new poems from MagicaPractica. Could you ask for anything more? Room to Write
and On Writing speak to the writer within, but Out the Window is my favorite from her poems today.

We have 2 unique erotic poems, Everything you need by hmmnmm and Ought to be a law by bflagsst. These are good examples of how neutral subjects can be portrayed in a erotic slant.

Those are my favorites, but all of today's poems have merit. I'd just like to mention the acrostic, Sensual Seduction, by a new poet, cosmicstar. I don't see many acrostics here, and it's not my favorite form, but this erotic poem is hot. There are way too many excellent poems today to do them justice in a brief review. So, please, go enjoy the poems and take a moment to comment.

Tuesday finds us shovelling snow ... wet heavy snow. But what better way to relax than with a few poems in front of the fire.

::

Let's chew on hmmnmm a bit. His poem off China has several of my favourite things; a well laid table, virginal oysters and an over-libated deaconess. I'll say no more. His second offering carries on with a foodish theme. Cayenne perplexes me. It's an instant replay of his poem backscratcher (which seems to have vanished into the ozone). Something is going on and it isn't curry.

Also not about curry - live4passion gives us mainline. You might also want to read quiet abide special things which is the second poem today that mentions tines. Am I right in seeing a gnostic message hidden in the caps? Perhaps I'm over-interpreting. See for yourself.

Techno in the Morning by miss_trust had me bopping with a nice dose of mildly erotic imagery. Any poem that starts with "Trance love" and ends with "undress" can't be that hard to digest.

There seems to be a food theme emerging today. Or then again, maybe, I should not have skipped lunch. I'm stopping while I'm ahead. Enjoy, comment and vote if you like what you see. Pass the dijon please.

Wednesday's Review

I thought I got off easy today. I last checked around noon and there were no new poems, so I headed out. Hey, it's the Christmas season. Now that I'm back I see that there are ten New Poems, all illustrated ones. I confess to missing neo's illustrated work, so let's see how today's offerings look.

Selena_Kitt has six poems up today, four of which I'll bring to your attention. Nowhere gives us a sense of isolation and loneliness as tracks that hint of existence vanish in the snow. Carrying on in a similar vein, Winter Haiku shows a bare tree, snow covered ground, and words suggestive of a longing that can't be met. In a lighter tone, Teenage Haiku brings us up to date on the latest teen worry. When we were much younger, it was the phone call that never was made that was such a source of dread. Now, it's the text message, and if it comes, is it the message that is hoped for? And finally in Eve, something of a mystery; a brief love poem perhaps? It has that little mystery with that hidden face that makes it so appealing.

Finally, lindiana gives us three poems, Part1, Part 2, and Part 3, that would work better on a single page. All three have images of red berries on stems all covered in ice. The second part is very effective with fewer berries showing which help give a more frigid message. The only slight distraction is that the black font is overwhelmed by the background in a few spots. When you give these a read just picture all three on a single page.

That's it for today. Give these and the others a read. You know what I always say every week — read, vote, comment ~ it's the least you can do. Above all, comment ~ a fair exchange for the pleasure of reading free poetry.

Thursday

34 new poems

I enjoy most of what Sadean writes. Maggie's in Toronto is no exception. I'm not fond of "member" in the first stanza, but that's a minor complaint. I think the ending of the poem (last four lines) is pretty cliche. Yeah, I'm mentioning what I don't like but what I do like is the poem. There are some amazing moments in it:
I pull aside the blind to find my street covered with snow,
ice bobbing against the break waters of Lake Ontario;
I've seen winter come to pass more often than I care to remember.
"This is my twenty-second," I say, talking to your member,
then hiding it away like the snow hides the streets below:

----------

The next poem on my list is by hmmnmm and I know he is familiar with meat. Maggie's in Toronto is a meaty poem. hmmnmm's easy sin is quite lean. He always gives us very original phrases in the leanest way possible. His poems usually don't have any fatty words hanging off their stanzas. Frankly, it was a shock to my poetic system to go from feasting to near, yet delicious, starvation. Oh, what a day in poetry land.

Ah, I see there are more hmmnmm poems:
Silent by hmmnmm

:rose: In my opinion, these two are his best for today. Give them a read.
instant sunday brunch replay and Whack

----------

Dear DocktorWu, I need a doctor! I've been sick for days and things you want to know about are coming out of my nose. Well, since I can't have a doctor, I'll happily settle for a DocktorWu of wooing.
Green Line 3am Grind
disheveled we throb a metronome into the night air

----------

There are more poems that I want to mention but it will have to wait until later. I'm not feeling well, so if anyone wants to mention a few poems, please do. :)

When one has been abducted and forced to float the cyber boulevards as a Reviewer of Poems, that one must understand certain inevitabilities. They try to prepare you, through extensive exercises and unannounced midnight drills, but of course none of these really do prepare you until you and the Inevitables are staring each other in the eye and you have to deal with it. Generally have to do what they want. Give, comply, without struggle, unless they specifically want you to pretend, for them. Your pleasure is not their concern. Only theirs.

And so, during this time of year that many around the world consider more special than the others to set aside for festivity and wishing good peace to all, it would be no surprise that more than one poem will be written in honor of this time. Also, we must all be grateful that parody and humor seem to come alive along with the widespread spreading of eggnog on boobs and licking up of holiday butterscotch puddings from hands and sundry parts. But we can all thank the Great Gonads of the Universe that someone like illustr8trrr comes along just when we think we're on the verge of irretrievable jadedness and gives us a fine and patriotic romp like White Trash Christmas.

It should also come as no surprise that as one lingers and plumbs deeper into the sordid world of Poem Reviewers, and those poems appear on an internet sex story site, there is high probability that the reviewer will be forced to look at far more than a few poems with what the sex world calls bdsm themes. These are not relegated to certain times of year. No. They can come for you at any time. And you have to do their bidding. Again, jadedness offers its tempting fruit. But what a true surprise, a pleasantly pleasurable surprise, when one sees such a title as Stop at Sir and as the eyes prepare for a one-sided treatment, instead the mind finds some very lovely expression. This work is by Under Sun. There was one line with something like saline secrets that alone helped me decide that I'd be happy to see this poet again.

Next, we have some damn deep stuff, stuff I will not pretend to understand, but comes from a writer-poet Sadean who never fails to give us the goods: Que Cosa Fuera is about... well, Spanish stuff. Latin American. I recall a '59 Chevy somewhere. I must expose my poor vulnerable ignorance to those more wise as to who these people are. And if I must endure enforced education, so be it.

You gotta watch out for live4passion . Why? Oh there's a reason why. run for the money tells us why. This is one of those sorts who, after gaining acquaintance with their immense skills, you tend to see the next ones, and like, "yeah, another from that one; bet it's really good. I'll come back to it and won't be disappointed. It's not for immediate ingestion." But then we get something quite different than we are used to. A lot of this poet's work comes to me like... well, I don't know how to say it... beautiful wordings that you don't care if you understand or not. They flow like streams. And you're in the woods, dozing in mosses with ferns at your feet. You know what I mean. But this one has more 'wake-up' to it.

give those fuckers fate and chance a run for their money

just f'rinstance. I wouldn't have expected to see a line like that in this poet's poems.

And finally, what poetry review friday night would be complete without some smelly meaty fatty green-wad-waving slobberbones and bouncy tits and gyrating asses, courtesy of the sense-specific The Stripper by greenmountaineer. Worded with a grit and sleaze feel that somehow makes an equally appropriate and miraculous bookend to White Trash Christmas.

Well that's gonna do it for me. Should be allowed a short break now. And I hope I didn't mess up with a wrong link or two. The action gets so fast and hot I sometimes don't pay close attention. If I did, please just send a discreet PM, don't tell the Honchos. Thank you.

Good night.

enforced education

que cosa fuera, a lyric taken from a song by Cuban poet-singer Silvio Rodriguez called "La Maza" (the mallet) the poem overall is about Cuba, the changing attitudes and my personal feelings towards the island and the people who still cling to the old ways, even though a younger group of people - perhaps rightly so - are calling for change.

one of the mystical, beautiful things about Cuba is the sense that I get of being trapped in time. my desire to go back to Havana and immerse myself in the culture once again is what inspired this poem (the freezing cold weather helped a little too! lol)

This time of year is depressing and oppressive to many and that seems echoed in today’s new poems from RamonaThompson’s ignored birthday (sorry ‘bout that) to miss_trust’s nice little poem lonely to the variety of sub-to-dom/me pieces, (which I always find depressing.)

Anyhoo, these are the poets that caught my attention enough to write about.

Sadean. aphrodite of church street paints a vivid picture of longing and inadvertent seduction, no varnish needed.

sophie, oh sophie, do y’know that you’re
on church street, that this is a dyke bar
and I want your lips, both sets of ‘em.

laelia. I like her his earring . It’s a fragment of life that resonates. The lack of punctuation makes it a breathless read which suits the subject.

ArnoldSnarb. Fragments of an Abandoned Musical doesn’t need the lengthy preamble. I don’t usually bother to read right through poetic parodies of songs and the long explanation nearly drove me away but this one is better than most and stands up well on its own.

Hmmnmm. Of his five posted today I pick two, caravan and the cuckoo as my favourites, both have a lighter touch although I feel the latter is a bit wordy.

That's it for Saturday December 13th. Only just over a week to finalize your seasonal gift buying but don't let that prevent you from reading and writing some poetry! Be back next week for my last review of 2008.

New Poems Reviews for Sunday December 14

Twelve New Poems are up today. Not too many to read, so check them all out. I'm only going to tell you about my personal faves, but only you can know if your tastes and my tastes are similar. Why not test that theory by reading and voting on today's offerings? :)

I enjoyed reading One for Rimbaud (Two for You) by bflagsst because of the wonderful narrative and clear images. The use of open punctuation in two of the three parts is interesting in the way that it blends and smooths the narrative which is then broken with exclamations in the middle part. This is a very sexy piece on a few levels. I started to get sucked into reading more of bflagsst's wonderful writing but had to stop to get back to the task at hand!

Which brought me to AnonandAnon's piece An Autumn Pond. I chose this because I thought many will relate to the uncertainty of that moment of hitting the submit button, pondering the existence of perfection, and the hope that still exists breathing through the utterance, "I've come to doubt / the Lady of the Lake ever handed anything out."

Aside from these two poems were many erotic and romantic poems and things that were poem-ish. Some were quite sexy, but just didn't really strike my tuning fork. Yours may be a different note, so check 'em out, vote and give feedback if you have an hour to spare.

There are 9 new poems today. With the busy schedule that I have had today and my personal tastes, there is only one that I would suggest. Perhaps, I should consider switching review days to avoid the Monday crunch in my academic schedule. Any takers?

The poem that caught my eye is Twas the Night before Christmas by Many Feathers. This humorous parady made me smile. I strongly recommend this one to brighten your day.

As always, just because some poems were not to my liking does not mean that they aren't worth the read. Go ahead. Read them and comment. You may find one you enjoyed much more than I did.

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the shameless plug but i just had my first two poems approved and would love to hear any feedback you have.

Check the link in my sig if your interested

Bah Humbug.

It's Tuesday and Christmas is rolling down the track like some crazed locomotive, all steam and pistons. Luckily there are no poems today that gaze doe-eyed at the festive season. There are no post coital Santas, pink and huffing in rhyming couplets. No nubile elves ... I digress ...

"Get poor d'maas a drink", I hear you say. "Whatever could have caused such a knot of bile to form behind that gentle embonpoint?" Well I'll tell you. For three days I've been reading poetry - published poetry - poetry that at least an editor and a proofreader should have read before comitting it to ink and paper. Much of it has been awful ... it is so depressing ... I digress ...

And so dear Poets, you may regret your decision or the wicked hand of fate that landed your flights of poesie on my plate this Tuesday.

Let us start small ... just to prove that sometimes size doesn't matter. Selena Kitt has blessed us with a pair of Haiku. She is brave because, even on a good day, there is little about Haiku that I find likeable. I often lie awake at night wondering if the Japanese write limericks in their native tongue and then marvel at the poetic nuance of such a condensed form. I rather doubt it, but would love to be proven wrong. Erotic Haiku 1, in spite of my misgivings, gave me a moment of pleasure at its very non-Haiku imagery. Read it.

Littlebondagegirl has written a pair of quick poems that share a bit of paper imagery that is worth risking a paper cut to read. Of the two, I prefered Paper Doll, but do compare it to Idle Plans and see if you share my preferences.

Lastly, take a peek at Underwearld by imalovanotarita. I was drawn to this poem because I too once wrote of the fate of underwear and mused on the meaning of it all. This poem however is a lot of fun because it is filled to the brim with catchy internal rhyme. I didn't even notice the single reference to St Nick until just now.

I'm going to stop now because I have made a vow of niceness, which passes in Canada for an oath of allegiance ... and ... some kind soul in my kitchen has cracked some eggs and a bottle of demerara rum and made a rather charming nog.

I may return but then again ... if I don't you will notice no fewer than four Cal Y. Pygia multiple offerings and I see that Jack Samuel has already plugged his two poems. Welcome to the rhyming nuthouse, Jack.

Last edited:
Thank you

There are 9 new poems today. With the busy schedule that I have had today and my personal tastes, there is only one that I would suggest. Perhaps, I should consider switching review days to avoid the Monday crunch in my academic schedule. Any takers?

The poem that caught my eye is Twas the Night before Christmas by Many Feathers. This humorous parady made me smile. I strongly recommend this one to brighten your day.

As always, just because some poems were not to my liking does not mean that they aren't worth the read. Go ahead. Read them and comment. You may find one you enjoyed much more than I did.

Appreciate the mention on my parody of "Twas the Night before Christmas"

Well we have 12 today. Perfect for the Twelfth month and the twelve astrological signs and the twelve apostles and six sexy chicks. Yeah.

Let's see. Two at the top of Christmasy nature. One would be a perfect sad country or bluegrass Christmas/Gospel song. And I happen to have a soft spot for that old stuff. Like, The Stanley Brothers or Bill Monroe might've recorded something with these kind of lyrics.

Next is a Christmas sex/love greeting, obviously a personal message to someone, so let's not butt into their private world.

Next is mine, which would be quite tacky to self-review.

That leaves 9.

Two Haikus from Selena Kitt: Erotic Haiku 4 and Haiku 4. Now, I differ from darkmass in that I don't have anything against haikus. I dabbled with them and found them really good exercises and requiring more discipline and struggle than I expected. And though I am a mere humble reviewer I am no poetry expert, but if my understanding be even partly correct, these would fall closer under the definition of senryu. Nonetheless, I preferred the erotic one. Kinda nice really; definite sensate distillation potential.

Alright. 7 more.

I'll be upfront honest here: having had my fill of Night before Christmases, I didn't give Sam and Jana's Night Before Christmas the close look it probably deserves. A short glance showed some capable wording work, but... you know... next Friday is the day after the 25th. Whew!

How many times must a poor poetry reviewer have to announce another fine work from live4passion? sin of light. Once upon a time I lived in Texas, and quickly came to understand that a weather forecaster in the summer there had the easiest job in the world, because all they have to do is say, "it's gonna be hot." It's about the same when in a live4passion season. There did appear to be a... sorry I must say it... a typo, and he's probably caught it and is in great agony, but I wouldn't sweat it too much. I think the word that came out (agnize) should be a word. Would be a wonderful word.

ramonathompson has a couple that reflect her rock and roll spirit. Of her two I prefer Caught Under The Mistletoe if only for the line stuffed her stocking good since it sounds like something the late great Bon Scott might've said and you can't go wrong with Bon Scott.

mrunlucky76 gets some angst off his chest in Truth & Meaning.

seannelson
continues what is apparently an angsty theme today with A Few Shoes I Have to Throw. More of a political rant (not without plenty of justification) than a poem poem. Not my cup of tea today but maybe it will be yours.

Finally, my favorite of today's offerings, one I might keep to myself for the night: A Dream by RhymeFairy
. Here's why I like it: Besides the bare honesty, the feel of wondering what it might be like if things were different, but they probably won't be. Something I think all of us can possibly ponder. But there was one little place that reads,

I have always
looked to anther, a past love, a friend

My first thought was it must be an innocent typo, that the poet intended 'another' instead of 'anther', the innocent typo being caused by who knows what. But don't get me started on the fallaciously bandied convention that says stories and poems must have whys; or easily detectable whys, as this simple instance blows that convention to pieces. But then... then, I thought, 'anther'. That's a word isn't it? Anther? So I checked it out. It is a word. A part of a flower. For pollen. Holds or makes or contains pollen. And in this light, 'anther' works as well if not better than 'another'. Which did the poet really mean to write? Maybe 'another' was the conscious intent, but behind that one, something distracted that poet and inserted its 'anther' and slunk back into the recesses. I think it should be left for us to wonder about.

And I think that's it for today.

I did have a few things to preach about but no need on this day and this season. No need at all.

Maybe this: when someone tells you what you should do or believe or how you should do this or that, try to remember (and so must I) to check out whether they are just passing along something someone else told them, or if they came to those conclusions from their own sweaty investigation.

Thank you and please feel free to stop in for an after-review snuggle, you know where it is.

poets honor

on my honor hmmnmm lol agnize/ agnise from the Latin agnoscere "to acknowledge"
also "inadvertently" directs the mind towards agni = fire in sanskrit.. tantra, kundalini

indeed some unusual words floating around out there.. P)

By golly it is. Took a ten second excursion into my old beat up 1973 Websters. Shoulda heeded that quiet voice. It is always right and I too seldom follow it. (I think we're supposed to put this stuff in the Keep The Review Thread Clean thread; maybe they'll forgive us or move it).

Sunday December 21

Today's catch thus far is 7 new poems well worth perusing between wrapping prezzies or sipping egg-nog.

I enjoyed some of the visceral imagery in pocahontas20's poem Pleasure, particularly this: your length was straining, as if / trying to see my heart with its small eye.

Remec has posted three today. Of these, I enjoyed his villanelle When it Come to You and Me the most, overlooking the titular typo. In any case, the theme of uncertainty in love should be accessible to most.

If you're in the mood for a little fucking pathos, don't miss tbs230's moving Sunday Night, the second submission ever for this writer. Stop by and vote her up, folks.

My pick of the day is Cal Y. Pygia's series Driftwood and Other Poems. These six poems nearly doubled the pleasant task of this reviewer, made much more interesting by unexpected narrative and images (such as "sperm-white smile"). I also enjoyed the willingness of the writer to let some images stand in unresolved opposition. There is a tense dynamic to these poems that I enjoyed and I hope you will too.

Happy Holidays and poeming, folks. See you next week!

Monday, December 22nd

There are 16 new poems today. There are several excellent poems today.

Waiting here by Sadean effectively depicts a difficult scenario.

I enjoyed the "carpe diem" message of A Call to Life by Tessa8.

I found I Dress Like A Girl by literotica182307 to be delightfully intriguing. To me, it seemed to play with such a sensitive subject as crossdressing and incest in a way that was perhaps truly honest for the poet. The poet explores incest more intimately in Morning Fun.

bflagsst gives us Before Plantations and Dwellings and Your Elms and Aspens. Both are thought-provoking erotic poems that are well worth the read.

Oh-nosy by hmmnmm is a unique erotic poem with some great lines. He also gives us gravel designs, a non-erotic poem which has a flow that I particularly enjoyed.

So, relax with some poetry tonight.

Tuesday rolls around again. This review will be a quickie 'cause darkmaas is about to hit the road to Christmas before the gods of north winds close the roads again.

My intemperate words on the subject of haiku have returned to haunt me. Karma. Yesterday I found myself in a used book store and holding "Paper Doors - an Anthology of Japanese - Canadian Poetry" and it followed me home. How creepy is that?

There are three haiku to choose from this morning. Two by live4passion: impotent fury haiku and but a kiss. The former is more traditional. Then Selena_Kitt gives us Erotic Haiku 8 which is less than traditional but actually a very pleasant bit of imagery. Read all three.

SilvaStormCloud has posted two acrostics. I personally prefered Almost Lover.

Cal Y. Pygia has three multiple poem offerings.

I have missed a good poem or two and I feel badly about that so, after your morning nog, go and read the entire "offering" for today.

I hope your holiday festivities bring you, if not happiness, then at least a bit of turkey.

As I said down in the chalet threadcast last check last night sheweth a mere three poetic specimens. Good news/bad news. I mean, three is a fine number but since I was captured and pressed into this sort of personal servitude, I like to set aside all else for to bend proper attentions upon the poems and so thus hand out appropriate reportage of what findings this humble servant to humanity didst encounter whilst out there. And doing it. But all that for three/3 poems? Ouch.

But then the morning light appeared and flickered upon these lengthening icicles that drip so frozenly off the eave and I then checketh and found that one more poem did appear, which brings today's total poem specimen-count to... four(4).

I liked them all. And still do. None necessarily more than the other, for they each bring their own special gifts.

An Ode to Captain Kidd by seannelson could well challenge the please-give-me-more-than-three-poems to review today. Is it technical poetry? Probably not. But it has everything really. History. Careful thought. Colors. Details. Journey. Beginning, middle, end. Eve often calls for meat. I'd call her attention to this one. I think she'd enjoy it. As I did. And do.

live4passion's but a kiss;set free is just a damn slippery smooth thing with lots and lots of kissin and by golly the kissin' can be forgot so easily under the mounds and piles and buckets of cunts and pussies and cocks and dicks and cum and girl juice and ejaculate and wild screams and all that. Kissing is an art form of its own you know.

I enjoyed Waves of Desire by goodkittynaughymind mainly because it was nice to find a little prosy thing like this. Nice read. Nice sentiment. Honesty. I know, this is a nitpicky thing but if Lit had a couple categories for stuff that straddled poetry and prose or wasn't quite so easy to stick in one category or another, boy howdy I know I'd probably submit in those chambers exclusively.

Long Time Running by winterobserver. Nice work here too. Lyrical. Could be a form I'm ignorant of (which would be most of them though I know the learning facilities are not far away). Evocation matching the user name. In the comment I left I called it a darkly poetic sketch, which I know is pretty vague, so to improve upon that, uh... how about gritty and squeaky and chilly like an abandoned house's creaky screen door... Unattended household maintenance in lieu of more important stuff like drinking and music and fucking?

And that's the way it is today.

A few stray and tardy thoughts do attempt to force their down my arms and through these finger that tap at these worn keys, but I must... resist. Take them down to the chalet threadcast and let them out there and then and just hope they do not behave improper with the guests.

Thank you and good night.

Saturday, December 27 and we have three poets offering their new poems today.

Cal Y. Pygia has three submissions, one a multiple. I am growing to enjoy this poet; the images created are often brutal and not at all pretty but well formed. Certain Things and Sodomites Delight lack none of this poets skill in imagery, nor do the three collected under the title Vanilla Dreams although Trojan Warrior injects some humour for a lighter finale. All these entries are well worth reading.

tungtied2u offers the sadness of solitude . As the title suggest it is a lament on loneliness culminating with a desire for submission as the solution. TT2u has far better poems in his collection in my opinion.

Lastly a new poster to Lit, CythonianRising gives us Speak to me , a short but satisfying ode to the feminine gender. Love or lust? The reader decides.

And so my brief duties for 2008 end. I look forward to what gems 2009 holds, pearls still forming no doubt. All the best for New Years to all.

Sunday, December 28th and there are six poems presented for our reading pleasure today. Of these there are two that I particularly liked:

The F Word by Vampiredust is a very nice peice that considers the repercussions of people's behavior and comments. I especially liked the "what goes around, comes around" aspect of this poem.

The second piece is titled The Other and is the first poetic offering by Cupcakecrazy. Like almost everyone's first posting it could do with just a bit of editing, but it conveys very well this poets sense of angst and regret.

Now, go read all of today's offerings and see if you agree, then post a comment for the the poets so that they know what you liked and dislike about their pieces. Peace and Happy New Years dudes and dudettes.

Monday, December 29th

There are 13 new poems today.

Tasting Her by a new poet, MannyJames, has a modified ghazal feel to it. Yes, of course, there are distinct differences in this erotic poem and a traditional ghazal, but it was the refrain and focus that reminded me of a ghazal. The slant rhymes are a little disheartening, but overall, I enjoyed this poem. I hope we hear more from this poet.

Aisle seat by hmmnmm makes me exceedingly glad that hmmnmm has graced us with his active presence and poetry submissions. With its varying perspectives on train travel and the social mores of forced politeness of strangers, this poem is well worth the read. Keep them coming, hmmnmm!

Ah, and the lovely and talented MagicaPractica gives us 5 new poems today. Amends is a sweet poem that exudes a sense of urgency. I could certainly relate to Time Spent With Myself with its message on self-companionship and self-reflection. However, this is the type of poem that I could spend hours contemplating.

At face value, it seems simple enough. But, you might be tempted to go beyond the surface and start questioning the facets of human nature that make such a poem as a simply celebrated truth, yet potentially false or sadly resolved to truth. Magica has such a knack for stringing a rope ladder over the infinite. Go as deep as you wish, or take the ladder for what it is. Doubt is Torture, Untitled, and One Chance are the other new poems by MagicaPractica for today. I encourage all the poets to taste them.

On a lighter note, Males Who Wander in Fort Lauderdale is a delightfully light poem by a relatively new poet, greenmountaineer. Being that my father lives in Ft. Lauderdale, I may have a bit of a unique perspective on male in males in Ft. Lauderale. My dad certainly wouldn't calypso, at least not in a straight club. This was a fun poem anyway.

Well, those are my picks for today. There were many other good ones as well. Take a few minutes to read and comment on today's new poems.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Tuesday after the excesses of Christmas (or whatever festivities that you subscribe to) and darkmaas is still not quite firing on all cylinders. Luckily the poems for today are better than normal. Read them all.

Only one haiku sent to torment me. A rather nice bit of "doggerel" by starrkers titled My dog.

One would think that after all that turkey, a poem entitled Shall We ... Dine??? would seem less ... er ... delectable than usual. Not so! RhymeFairy has carved a nicely erotic feast that pushes towards overindulgence without sliding into bad taste. Enjoy it with a nice bold red that will leave lovely stains on the white linen.

If a full course dinner is not your fancy then try Looking for a place to Happen by winterobserver. Who can resist a scene centred in a Tim Horton's? It's an enigmatic and rather melancholy poem that benefits from rereading. So grab a coffee and a donut and slowly savour ...

Three poems by bflagsst. I liked When I think of you(fully clothed) the best. A slyly erotic morsel that you can chase down with a swallow of dry white.

Lastly, Cal Y. Pygia has a pair of multiple poems. Each contains some gems. My favourite was LIKE CLOCKWORK, the second poem in Tuxedoes and Evening Gowns. It may spoil your dinner so save it for a brandy afterwords.

Enjoy

Back