As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week might end up being even worse than I thought. Admission #1 won't leave his bed - won't go to therapy, won't use the bathroom, won't eat, won't let me do a skin check, won't get on the scale, won't let the physician touch him. I won't be surprised if I go in tomorrow and he's already been discharged.

Admission #2 is just the opposite - won't stay in his room, constantly on the move, getting in to everything. Trying to do his skin check and weight, he head-butted me, pushed me to the ground, and ran down the hall buck naked. Or, rather, stumbled down the hall. And then fell. On his naked ass, right in front of the unit supervisor. I would have been in a shitload of trouble, if I were not at the time laying on the floor of his room with a giant goose-egg on my forehead and a wicked nosebleed. I could probably see the comedy in this situation if my head didn't hurt so bad right now.

I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. Nope, not working. I need my job. I need my job. I need my job... Ugh. At least the kind doctor at urgent care gave me oxy. As soon as it kicks in I'm going to find the whole thing hysterical. Until I have to go back tomorrow morning.

I can't even begin to think about how weird it is to have a job like yours where you try to do the maximum good but all the while having all kinds of troubles and hurdles in your way.... holy crap

I'm so weirded out I can even think of a wise-ass comment that might make you smile for a sec

This week might end up being even worse than I thought. Admission #1 won't leave his bed - won't go to therapy, won't use the bathroom, won't eat, won't let me do a skin check, won't get on the scale, won't let the physician touch him. I won't be surprised if I go in tomorrow and he's already been discharged.

Admission #2 is just the opposite - won't stay in his room, constantly on the move, getting in to everything. Trying to do his skin check and weight, he head-butted me, pushed me to the ground, and ran down the hall buck naked. Or, rather, stumbled down the hall. And then fell. On his naked ass, right in front of the unit supervisor. I would have been in a shitload of trouble, if I were not at the time laying on the floor of his room with a giant goose-egg on my forehead and a wicked nosebleed. I could probably see the comedy in this situation if my head didn't hurt so bad right now.

I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. Nope, not working. I need my job. I need my job. I need my job... Ugh. At least the kind doctor at urgent care gave me oxy. As soon as it kicks in I'm going to find the whole thing hysterical. Until I have to go back tomorrow morning.

Critical Care Technicians (CCTs), not only draw labs, do ECGs, set up rooms, place patients on monitors, untangle cables, guard the endotracheal tube while turning and cleaning, but they provide general support for nursing.

CCT: Would you like coffee?
Me: I would love that.
CCT: How do you like it?
Me: Anyway you bring it to me.
CCT: Seriously, what kind?
Me: You are the man, do I have to make all the decisions?

I am on one side and the CCT is on the other side of the bed. We turn the patient towards the ETT, towards the CCT. I tuck the pad, rub the back, and place the patient supine in the bed. The CCT walks over to my side. I am supposed to go to the other side of the bed now.

Me: I am not used to this switch-a-roonie. What’s the point?
CCT: I am the muscle remember? I don’t want you to hurt your little back.
Me: Ok, it’s your world.
CCT: No, it’s your world.

What a pisser! Good luck!

I am on one side and the CCT is on the other side of the bed. We turn the patient towards the ETT, towards the CCT. I tuck the pad, rub the back, and place the patient supine in the bed. The CCT walks over to my side. I am supposed to go to the other side of the bed now.

Communications ..... that's the ticket

Sounds like you got a good one!

I fell asleep on the way home today.

I was driving. :(

No harm done, the rumble strip woke me up. Still, scary.

I fell asleep on the way home today.

I was driving. :(

No harm done, the rumble strip woke me up. Still, scary.

I'm sure that was frightening. Wouldn't it be even more exhausting if you were trying to go to school at the same time as all this work you do?

:rose:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back