Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 08-05-2018, 07:59 PM   #1
maxpotter
Virgin

Question on comments: "profile on another site"

I've had a couple of comments on stories that portend to be someone looking for a hookup. They say they are looking for a someone to message them and that they have a link on another site, and provide a link.

I tested a link on a "safe" computer (doesn't hold anything someone could use), and it goes to some odd site. I backed out.

So the link pretends to go to some dating/hook-up site, but is obviously designed to drag people into some trap.

So I'm wondering, is anyone else seeing this? I think I've had 2. I deleted both.

I'm not sure there is anything the admins can do for this, as it seems that people are manually going in and posting comments, so they would have to identify the accounts and restrict them, and they would just go on to another ID.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:07 PM   #2
TarnishedPenny
Literotica Guru

This sort of stuff happens. There is a report icon bottom left of every post and the mods do, sooner or later and generally sooner, erase them. Or you can do what you did.

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

My latest: https://www.literotica.com/s/the-jenny-show

Old 08-05-2018, 08:17 PM   #3
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpotter View Post
I've had a couple of comments on stories that portend to be someone looking for a hookup. They say they are looking for a someone to message them and that they have a link on another site, and provide a link.

I tested a link on a "safe" computer (doesn't hold anything someone could use), and it goes to some odd site. I backed out.

So the link pretends to go to some dating/hook-up site, but is obviously designed to drag people into some trap.

So I'm wondering, is anyone else seeing this? I think I've had 2. I deleted both.

I'm not sure there is anything the admins can do for this, as it seems that people are manually going in and posting comments, so they would have to identify the accounts and restrict them, and they would just go on to another ID.
We get those things all the time. Anyone over the age of twelve should already know not to follow those links. Just don't. Report them to the site admins.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My most recent story is Love is Enough, a story about an aspiring playwright and two ghostly flappers.
Next up is a Summer Luvin' story tentatively named "Stinky and Fudd"

Old 08-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #4
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpotter View Post
If you get spam through PMs just forward it to Laurel, with SPAM in the subject heading, and then delete it. She'll shut down the account and purge from everyone's mailboxes.

If you get it in the story comments report it, then delete it. Again, the site will shut down the spammer's account and run block deletes.

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Old 08-05-2018, 09:34 PM   #5
Jada59
Literotica Guru

Yep. Never click the links. Just report.

https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

If it's pics or vids that you're looking for, keep on looking!

Old 08-05-2018, 10:22 PM   #6
KeithD
Literotica Guru

I'm wondering why anyone would pursue this sort of thing at all.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:22 AM   #7
Sir_Maveric
Really Experienced

Lonely old man, three sheets to the wind, left hand stopped feeling like someone else long ago, might just be tempted enough to see what it’s about. These sort of scams only need you to visit the site and then you’re infected with a “drive by” virus. Once infected, the pc/laptop/device is theirs to peruse. After that it’s up to you to find out what damage they did.