Old 10-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
horgasm
Really Experienced

Sexual workout?

Okay, so last night I had some..."athletic" sex with a new girlfriend. (apparently "harder and faster" are her 2 favorite words.) Long story short, I did, and she loved it. However, today, My arms and chest are jello, I feel like I did 5000 push ups. My quads and inner thighs are burning, and I basically feel like a combination of the "first-day-back-at-the-gym" and "I-just-got-my-ass-kicked."

So, I guess what I'm asking is: Does anyone have thoughts on how I can get one's body into better sexual shape? I'm not fat, but I don't really "work out." I'm more concerned with being this sore after "working out" for an hour or so. I guess I was working out some muscles that I'd forgotten I had. Are there good exercises for those kinds of muscles?

Here's what I'm thinking, for a start:
-Push ups to get used to supporting my weight on my arms for longer, stronger periods of time. (it's embarrassing when your shoulders start shaking.)
-Lunges to get the thighs and hips stronger/into better shape
-Abs workout to get that in better shape (not just for sex. I need that anyway.)
-General overall cardio stuff.
-And of course, my kegels.
Any other thoughts?

Old 10-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
TypicalDeviant
Literotica Guru

Penthouse had an article about different exercises to do, why they were good for sex and why they were good in general. I might try to find it later this weekend, though I'm sure a google search will produce similar results.

On a related note, Be careful how you work your core/abs as certain excercise aren't as safe as they were once thought to be. Also, it's a good idea to make sure you get a total body workout, maybe include some yoga for flexibility?

Good luck!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
SweetErika
Fingers Crossed

Is joining and going to a gym an option for you?

If so, many gyms have at least one free session with a personal trainer when you join, staff and other members who know what they're doing and are willing to help people out.

Anyway, I suggest it because it sounds like you could really use some strength training with machines and/or free weights, as well as a good cardio workout.

Also, there's some good evidence that Vitamin C supplementation is more effective than something like Advil when it comes to muscle soreness, and I have absolutely found this to be true (much to my surprise). IiRC, the dosing is 1000mg of C three times a day for two weeks, starting the day before or of the activity that is likely to cause soreness. I just started a new exercise routine, and while I've been sore, it hasn't been enough to make me take any time off, which is exceedingly rare for me. I've been doing the 1000mg of Ester-C (which has better absorption and I got a national brand at Costco that is coated so it doesn't cause any stomach upset) daily since I started almost two weeks ago, and the only pain reliever I've needed has been for my bad knee. I've tested C vs. Advil and Aleve in the past, and the C really does seem to be far more effective for muscle soreness. Plus, it's great for the immune system, which is originally what I started taking it for.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
doncarlos

This is an old problem with a an old excellent solution. You simply alternate between positions that alternate between either party taken the 'work load'. The following sequence is absolutely delightful; a) Cowgirl b) Missionary c) 69 and d) Doggie with the amigo standing outside the bed and the fair lady kneeling on the bed with her rear flush with the edge of the bed.

You can rotate through this sequence until either or both of you arrive at general cardio exhaustion - and of course total happiness.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:57 AM   #5
bobinks2
Really Experienced

Have you thought about having more sex to get in shape for sex?

Runners run to get in shape for running.
Cyclists cycle to get in shape for cycling.
Swimmers swim to get in shape for swimming.

Why would you want to go to the gym when you could be having sex?

Old 10-30-2010, 04:38 AM   #6
Hiliburn
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinks2 View Post
Have you thought about having more sex to get in shape for sex?

Runners run to get in shape for running.
Cyclists cycle to get in shape for cycling.
Swimmers swim to get in shape for swimming.

Why would you want to go to the gym when you could be having sex?
How could anyone argue this brillant logic?

Old 10-30-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
horgasm
Really Experienced

Well, of course, that would be the ideal workout. But I was wondering about cross-training, I guess.