Sneak-a-peek – Body Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
@}-}rebecca---- said:
oh my ........ROFL

Wrong Answer and yet oh...... so..... so..... ohhh...soooooooo right :kiss:
There is a line in the movie Personal Services that uses "french polishing mahogany" as a way to talk about HJ's.

Until I did a google search today following your post that was the only reference point I had about "french polishing" - so I went with what I knew....

so today I learned something new
 
@}-}rebecca---- said:
oh my ........
ps - how long do think photobucket will let that photo slide?

if you want to remove it now so they don't shut you down it is OK be me - it is a pain in the ass to have an account closed *sigh*
 
Shankara20 said:
ps - how long do think photobucket will let that photo slide?

if you want to remove it now so they don't shut you down it is OK be me - it is a pain in the ass to have an account closed *sigh*
You already right clicked and saved huh :)

Thank you Fu I will replace it with a smaller version via imagevenue. Size WAS imperative initially
 
@}-}rebecca---- said:
You already right clicked and saved huh :)

Thank you Fu I will replace it with a smaller version via imagevenue. Size WAS imperative initially

it was a wonderful post and did require size as a factor :D

Saved and categorized in the appropriate file....


:cool:
 
Shankara20 said:
There is a line in the movie Personal Services that uses "french polishing mahogany" as a way to talk about HJ's.

Until I did a google search today following your post that was the only reference point I had about "french polishing" - so I went with what I knew....

so today I learned something new



French Polish / Manicure

Nails painted/air brushed to appear 'au natural'. I think your version is infinitely more exciting however.
 
@}-}rebecca---- said:


French Polish / Manicure

Nails painted/air brushed to appear 'au natural'. I think your version is infinitely more exciting however.
or, french polishing according to google..

rubbing_out.jpg


BODY SESSIONS

Assuming that the pumicing and grain filling went well and has been completed, we now begin our French polishing "sessions". We use the term sessions rather than "coats" such as a furniture finisher would use. We will be applying literally hundreds of microscopic layers of shellac to the instrument resulting in one single amalgamated layer of shellac. As you can see, in the case of French polishing, the term "coats" does not apply. During each session we will apply dozens of layers of shellac and will complete as many sessions as it takes to "body" the guitar (which is usually 6 to 8). Before proceeding, you may wish to examine the entire guitar very closely for any defects or unfilled grain that may have been overlooked previously. A little pumice and alcohol will take care of the unfilled grain. Remember, it is never too late to pumice. If the defects can be taken care of by a light sanding, use only 400 grit wet and dry sandpaper with oil as a lubricant. At this stage of finishing, in areas where there are "sink-outs", nicks and dents will tend to show where they previously were not apparent. This is the time to take care of and remedy any trouble spots that are visible. Any sink-outs, pin holes, or nicks can be filled using SuperGlue. First clean the area with naphtha, apply the glue and sand with 400 grit wet or dry sandpaper using oil as a lubricant. Now remove any excess pumice that may be left on the surfaces of the guitar using alcohol and a new muneca cover. The new muneca cover, along with alcohol, will tend to collect excess pumice. Now that we're satisfied with our inspection, lets begin "bodying" the guitar with shellac.

BODYING

Bodying is the process of applying shellac in many thin applications until a sufficient thickness is achieved. The body is sufficient when it can be sanded level with very fine sandpaper without burning-through to wood. Hundreds of passes of the muneca will be required, though individual layers are not the result. All the passes merge into one amorphous "sheet". Downward pressure of the muneca is critical for achieving a good degree of hardness of the final finish. We will be using a full 2-pound cut for the first 6 to 8 (body) sessions. Since we will not be too concerned about how smooth the body sessions go on, our efforts will be to build up the base finish as rapidly as we can. Later we will "level" the body coats to a perfectly smooth surface. Remember that we have already mixed a 2 pound cut of shellac and should be ready to proceed. The object of bodying is to build up enough finish on the instrument to allow it to be sanded level with fine sandpaper.

Glide the muneca onto the surface and move it in circular or oval patterns that overlap

Lets start by first installing a new muneca cover. As a matter of fact, you should cut a number of 4" x 4" squares of t-shirt material for muneca covers to have on hand as we proceed If at all possible find some well worn and laundered t-shirts. They tend to be softer than new material. Now add about 8 drops of 2 pound cut shellac. To this, add about 6 drops of alcoh.................

and on and on and on
 
oh the things I learn here

who know that french polishing was for nails or that Australian salmon is Atlantic salmon....

I sure love this place..... :kiss:
 
Shankara20 said:
oh the things I learn here

who know that french polishing was for nails or that Australian salmon is Atlantic salmon....

I sure love this place..... :kiss:
Fu I just wish to request that it's on note that all aforementioned versions of french polish are of complete delight to me :)
 
@}-}rebecca---- said:
Fu I just wish to request that it's on note that all aforementioned versions of french polish are of complete delight to me :)
noted it is.....

Merbecke_title_pg.jpg



:rose:
 
FurryFury said:
And look at her presents!!!

Wow!!

:D

Fury :rose:
I never managed to get past how ugly the carpet is and wtf is up with the faux ivy sprouting from the bed head.......... :smiles:

Fu I think they need a subscription to Better Homes & Dungeons.........ohh and a Dogue for him it seems.

Hmmn I can see Fu reading a few of the last comments and imagining the potential of this.......... :)

 
Last edited:
Shankara20 said:
it sure is...

05.jpg

:devil:
Hello you : big smiles : I was fussing around looking for something to 'add' . Please see edit in previous post. :)

Ohh just dawned on me, if the dog ralphed on that carpet , you really wouldn't notice it so bad. Perhaps the choice was prudent.

: thinks regurgitated kibble : I am sick Fu and no training for me today. It's been postponed. Yipee.
 
Last edited:
To damn cute to ignore.....

2000035887522228730rs.jpg


2000074618272338887rs.jpg


Here's the site for more cute cat pictures.... I think I need sleep they are absolutely hilarious to me...
 
Cherrysweetdeal said:
2000035887522228730rs.jpg


2000074618272338887rs.jpg


Here's the site for more cute cat pictures.... I think I need sleep they are absolutely hilarious to me...

Three little kittens,
They lost their mittens,
And they began to cry,
Oh, mother, dear,
We sadly fear,
Our mittens we have lost.

What! Lost your mittens,
You naughty kittens,
Then you shall have no pie.
Meow, meow,
Then you shall have no pie.

The three little kittens,
They found their mittens,
And they began to cry,
Oh, mother, dear,
See here, see here,
Our mittens we have found.

What, found your mittens,
Then you're good kittens,
And you shall have some pie.
Purr-rr, purr-rr,
Then you shall have some pie.

Three little kittens,
Put on their mittens,
And soon ate up the pie.
Oh, mother, dear,
We sadly fear,
Our mittens we have soiled.

What! Soiled your mittens,
You naughty kittens,

And they began to sigh.
Meow, meow,
And they began to sigh.

The three little kittens,
They washed their mittens,
And hung them out to dry.
Oh, mother, dear,
Do you not hear,
Our mittens we have washed?

What! Washed your mittens?
Then you're good kittens!
But I smell a rat close by.
Meow, meow,
We smell a rat close by.
 
graceanne said:
Three little kittens,
They lost their mittens,
And they began to cry,
Oh, mother, dear,
We sadly fear,
Our mittens we have lost.
OHMYFUCKINGODALLMIGHTY!!!!!!

I take some time away to get my eyes fixed and what happens????????

Frickin KITTY PHOTOS and KITTY SONGS





KILL ME NOW PLEASE DEAR GOD!!!!!
HELLO NURSE? MORE MORPHINE


yikes-2.gif






damn pussies -
damn
damn
damn pussies!!!!!!
 
a few things pussies can be used for...

(click if you want a larger view)



















Now - go to your corner till you are called for.....


:devil:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top