If Earth Should Die Before I Wake

Lost Colony

Hewitt moved quickly to hide behind a trash heap along the entrance to the alley leading to After Hours. As Sheriff Shade turned Hewitt thought for a moment that she'd been spotted. But, as the silver haired lawkeeper bent to retrieve her cowboy hat Hewitt relaxed a little, enjoying the glimpse of the fit woman's toned backside facing Hewitt's way.

Leaning forward to see better was one bit of comfort too far and the young exotic dancer fell forward, the trash heap she'd been leaning against betraying her with the clatter of a potless lid against dusty ground just as Hewitt stumbled into view.
 
Shade spun round, hat on her head and hand on her gun. She frowned on seeing Hewit, recognizing her from the bar. What was She doing here? This want the way to the bar from the residential area. Had she been following her since she'd left the office? But why? Regardless there was no threat here and she let go of her gun and instead put her hands on her hips.

"Can I help you?" She asked sarcastically.
 
Hewitt stood, brushing herself off, then began to saunter toward Shade smiling her sexiest smile. "Maybe I was just on my way to picking up that hat to return to you...Maybe I was meeting with a customer for a little extra dance on the side...Maybe.." She trailed off, circling the Sheriff, making eye contact, "Maybe I think there's something fishy going on in this town and I want to ensure you are an honest lawkeeper." She said softly.
 
Shade kept a closer eye on her as she approached. She would really enjoy talking to her and looking at her if not fir the circumstances. It weirded her out a bit. But she still enjoyed lookin her over as discretely as she could. She sighed at Hewits crypticness.

"Could you please come out straight and just ask the questions you want to ask?" She asked, pinching the bridge of her nose. She was starting to feel that headache now.
 
Hewitt shook her head. " I know something is up. I love this place and these people too much to allow corruption to undermine their safety and well being. Don't ever think you're above the law just because you're the local law enforcement...If you want to buy me a drink I can tell you some more of my observations, dear Sheriff..."

Hewitt said flirtatiously, fingering the woman's badge in a manner that left her slightly caressing the shape of the soft mound of flesh beneath the fabric it rested upon. A hardened nipple rose up a bit beneath Hewitt's seeking fingers, just under that uniform..."...Mmm...I think you'd enjoy questioning this witness, Sheriff."
 
Shade bit her lip a little as she was flirted with and fondled just a little which was quite a surprise. She'd watched Hewit on the pole more than once and had really enjoyed what she saw but didn't think she'd be this straight forward. The idea of getting a drink with her was very pleasing. Plus, on the business side of things, she would learn how much Hewit knew and who else she'd told others. That would help her figure out whether or not she had to lock her up or just deny her story altogether and just go about business. Both would ruin her chances at a second date, which was unfortunate, but it got the job done. So she pretended to think a little longer on it to give the moment some suspence.

"Are ya buyin?" She asked with a small grin that said yes
 
HEWITT
snorted and flipped her hair with obvious attitude, "Hey, cop, what part of, "Buy me a drink", was ambiguous?" She said snidely. "I thought they trained you to be a good listener... shit, Maybe the fairies had better come give you some upgrades and shiny skin too. Surely, you're not so easy to outwit...I'm going to the bar anyway. But, I'm not made of money. If you come, you pay, baby, and I mean that to be a double entendre, on case you're needing the narration."

Then, Hewitt walked away, letting the Sheriff follow her to the bar.
 
Shade felt a little taken aback by what she said. It was just a joke. But she went along with it and followed Hewitt, though the moment was not so intense now. Which was a good thing. Before she might have got drunk and forgot what she was going to do. But now she was focused.

"Hope that lasts." She mumbled quietly as they reached the bar.
 
Colony

Hewitt knew the bartender, Eddie, and got Shade a good deal on a pitcher of beer. She also picked up a basket of sweet potato fries and headed to a table near the only window in the dark bar. She knew Shade was close behind so worked her walk a bit knowing her ass was hard not to pay attention to.

Sliding onto a chair with liquid, smooth elegance, Hewitt took a bite of a fry, a big swig of her beer then her sky blue eyes smiled into Shade's stare. "What are those "upgrades", really? Have you seen the...cause...yourself?"
 
Shade followed dat ass everywhere it went. The discount want necessary as she could pay the full but she was grateful for the though. When they say down she purred them both a drink and quickly drank half her own, ignoring the fries. She never liked them. She didn't know what it was She just didn't. She frowned as the first question came out. One she couldn't answer honestly. Like most questions that would be asked tonight

"They are not upgrades. Their mutations caused by our environment" she explained dishonestly.

"But why do you want to know this anyway? " She asked, trying to take control of the conversation.
 
"Why? Because, their a little too specific to each person's job and just far too convenient. And, well...I've seen too much to be convinced otherwise." Replied Hewitt as she munched another fry. "I don't trust them. They're outsiders. What do they know of us? We provide them information, entertainment. We owe them nothing...My Nan told me about the fairies, they spoke to my gramps a few times before he died. You all forget some people remember the old ones, the originals. They talked about the fairies like they we're real, and the stuff done by the fairies to save us from extinction...I think they still come around. I think maybe you know what they really are, Maybe you even help them choose who to upgrade."
 
Shade decided to try a different tactic. One she didn't want to use. But she had to. But first she finished her beer and then purred another.

"Fairies you say. I think I know the stories your talking about. They're children's tales and crazy peoples hallucinations. Nothing more. No one's ever found any real proof to say they're real. And I most certainly have never seen one. I think I would know if I had. Your following a bunch of childhood dreams. " she said, angry at herself for saying this. She downed this feeling in her beer.
 
Lost Colony

Hewitt scowled and stood. "Keep your beer. I prefer to eat my dinner in the company of people who don't look me in the eye and lie. I know I'm not everyone's idea of upstanding citizen but I know I'm at least honest. I get my share of harassment and abuse but at least those horny ass bastards don't lie to me. I'll take my chances in the back with the lap dance losers. Goodnight, Sheriff. And, don't forget, cause I never do...and no secret stays hidden forever." That said, Hewitt reached down to take the basket of fries, then turned on her heel, ready to head to the back rooms of the dive she unfortunately knew better than her own hut.
 
Shade sighed and let her head hit the table. She was an idiot. There was some sweet ass right infront of her and all she had to say to it was Fairies were real and she'd get to slap it...along with alot more. She sat up slowly and drank her glass of beer...then just drank from the pitcher, relieving her stress of the last few days but not getting rid of her regret. That instead got stronger.

An hour later she'd spent a full 3 days pay purely on alcohol and was stumbling around with a half pitcher of beer.

"Fairies for ass. That's all I needed to do. Frickin fairies for ass.... fine. Fine. She wants fairies. " she grumbled and stumbled around, trying to figure out where Hewitt was in her drunken state. She knew the pole she used was around here somewhere...
 
The Command Center

As he entered the Command center he came upon a sight that would stay with him for a long time. Mary Grace had been standing naked beside the Captain and he had just copped an eyeful as she had stood up and turned towards the sound of the door opening. Her red hair was now a striking feature against a new glowing white second skin that covered her entire body and yes it was her ENTIRE body he noticed. It seemed to draw the eye to her features and accentuate them. He blushed furiously and turned around stammering out and apology. "Sorry Sister...I didn't mean to...That is I wasn't expecting...I will just...Um Sorry," he finished lamely. He waited until Alex addressed him and then risked a glance. The sister was now dressed in a uniform similar to the Captains and it looked good on her. Her skin still glowed and he wondered what the aliens had actually done to her. maybe it was something similar to what had been done to him, except she got cool looking skin. He would have to ask her later as the Captain explained the danger they were in and handed out his new assignment.


Ray had been busy. Ever since Captain Rivers had given him the job of finding out their shield strength he had been thinking of different ways of calculating it. Finally he had just done the easiest thing and sent four of the Crixius robots out and had them walk the entire hull so he could make a full 3 dimensional map of the ship. The robots were strapped together and were walking so their sensors overlapped but they still had a good twenty feet between each other giving them a scanning range of a hundred feet each sweep. So far they had done a quarter of the ship and he was building up the map as they went along. They had to walk around sensors and antennas but he added them in from their visual cameras and got the data from the sensors as they swept pass. Sometimes he had to wait until they came back so that he could get both sides but he was getting a good impression of the ship.

At the same time he had checked their fuel reserves and found they had plenty although that might not be a good thing. If they were not able to get the engines working properly they would make a nice fireball with all that extra fuel, but if they could land safely with it, it would be extremely valuable to power the vehicles that were stored in the cargo bays.

Well it looked like he was in for a long few days. He needed to complete the model, make sure the engines were working and if the robots found any problems with the hull or solar tiles he had to fix them. Luckily he had been designed so that he wouldn't need sleep for long periods of time.
 
Last edited:
OOC: Wow, unusually strong focus...not even passing notice of the naked ginger on the bridge?
 
OOC: Not wanting to ruin what was just beginning with Alex and blushing too furiously to look
 
Ooc: OK, but it was put in for some reaction. Also, guys, I'm surprised no one is concerned to find out how the very first field trip to an alien environment went, what was learned, what was done to her and about the odd physical changes.
 
The main Crixus robot was busy co-or donating the reports from the four Ray had sent out. Checking the fuel lines he passed the report to the engineer. 'There appears to be a fuel leak on the starboard tank. May I suggest you allow me to take the shields down to vent the excess off?'
 
Ooc: Thanks. My ego feels stroked now, Lol. But, Yes, the skin will become an issue making people curious and possibly nervous so, thank you.

Lost Town is about to get a Mayor soon. Sit tight, we'll all be in one place soon enough. It's starting to get really fun now!
 
Rivers was pleased her friend Sister Mary Grace was a nun because she thought she noticed a certain look in Ray Green’s eyes. She knew little about sex herself but she did know most men find red heads attractive and her lover was after all a man. Not that she had any intention of settling down with him, there would be plenty of time for that. She had just experienced the most mind blowing deflowering ever and was already looking forward to the next session. She dare not admit it but if Mary Grace had been anything else than a nun sworn to chastity she would have been jealous.

Continuing her inspections she knew they would get but one shot at landing the ship. She overheard the Crixus robot 141 explaining the danger of the fuel leak and hoped her lover would be able to fix it or at least minimise the effect. It was going to be a long few hours.
 
Ray went over the data. He had been hoping to go and help Sanne with the engines but it looked like another emergency was even more important. "Let me go and check the situation first Crixus prime. I will go in a spacesuit in case we do have to shut down the force field and vent any gasses and fuel build up in the room before or after repairs are done."

Ray sprinted down to the starboard fuel tank area, retrieving a spacesuit from the nearest locker. He double checked all the seals and tanks before putting it on then grabbed a tool kit from a maintenance workshop situated right beside the fuel tank bay. He checked the door seal and saw that it was green so the pressure inside had been equalized, he opened the door and walked in.

Walking down the rows of tanks he saw the problem immediately. One of the pipes had a small hole that was spraying a fine mist of fuel everywhere. In itself not a problem as there was nothing in here that would ignite it, but in a crash definitely a problem. Luckily it was easily fixable but he decided to take no chances with all this loose fuel around. He shut off the valves at both ends of the line. and watched the spray disappear. Then securing his tool box and himself by a lifeline and making sure they were secure he ordered the shield deactivated.

Air rushed out along with all the fuel and gasses. Finally he was just floating and he activated his boots and clamped himself in place in front of the leak. Opening the tool box he selected a small pipe clamp and wrapped it around the leak then secured it as tightly as he could till it was just before it started to crush the pipe itself. He ordered the shield back on and waited for the pressure to equalize again before turning on the valves he waited a further twenty minutes before checking the seal. It was holding. His final job was to repair the hole in the hull. A quick sealant job later and his work was done. He would leave the shield in place until tomorrow to ensure a good seal.

Already the 3D modeling was paying off. He put the tools back as well as the space suit and headed off towards the engine room and Sanne. He informed Crixus Prime to keep him updated on any more situations that needed his attention but they needed those engines going or it was all for naught.
 
The computer informed Rivers the leak had been fixed by Ray and although the Crixus robots were machines and did not need thanking she couldn’t help but thank the Robot 141.

After checking the computer for scans she established the asteroids were due to strike when Mary Grace said they would and the size meant the ship would be blown to oblivion. However she was not sure about the inhabitants of the planet where they would have to crash land. Were the humanoid? Were they really survivors from Earth? What if they were hostile? As Captain she was responsible for the survival of her people and she had to do something.

Checking on the computer she noticed no one had received weapons training since they left earth. She hoped they wouldn’t have to fight but she was not going to let her people be sitting ducks. Facing the screen she discovered the simulator contained on holodeck 7 was in working order and contained battle practice. Reaching for the communicator she said “Rivers to all security crew and others who have weapons training. Unless your work is imperitive meet me at holdeck 7 in half an earth hour.

************

After meeting with the required crew she explained the situation. “We will never fire the first shot, but we might, might have to defend ourselves. We will practice armed and unarmed conflict”. The armed practice went well and Rivers was satisfied. Having won medals in unarmed conflict competitions Rivers was well placed to train the other crew members. She found herself handicapped by her skirt but didn’t let it stop her.

When it ended she sent everyone back with praise in their ears. Sitting in the holodeck she wished Ray was with her. She always loved being stretched but had not faced a challenge for years. Recalling her trainer’s words “You learn more from defeat than from victory” she longed to face Ray in competition. She also knew the rewards of victory or consolation of defeat would be wonderful as she recalled their love making.
 
Ray walked into the engine room and found Sanne fine tuning the engines. They had fixed them together but had left off fine tuning them to get the scanners up and running. Now that job was complete she had returned to finish this one.

"Hi Sanne just thought I would come down to see if there was anything I could do to help."
Sanne's head snapped around and she blushed a little when she caught sight of him. He wondered why she always seemed to do that. Still he wasn't complaining as it made the already beautiful woman look stunning. He knew he had absolutely no chance with her but it never hurt to look like his dad always was fond of saying. "Oh hi Ray. No it is all fine tuning now and that is my job remember," she smiled to take any sting out of her words but he didn't feel any. He knew what he was good at and the fine work was not his specialty. "By tonight all our maneuvering thrusters and landing ones will be online."

Ray was ecstatic. Perhaps they had a chance after all. "Great I will put that in my report. Maybe we will survive planet fall in one piece after all. We might even be able to choose where we land."

He bade farewell to Sanne and walked back up to the living area. He had heard the Captains announcement about defensive training and hoped it was still going. "Engineer Green to the Captain. If the defensive training is still on I would like to participate please."
 
Back
Top