Story Concept 'The Sex Wars'

hamilcar

Experienced
Joined
Jan 26, 2011
Posts
37
Set more than a century in the future following a series of damaging asteroid strikes and cometary events and the outbreak of several new devastating plagues introduced to Terra by material from these extraterrestrial sources. Waves of epidemics have reduced the population of earth by more than a half. Highly developed areas such as Europe and North America and densely populated ones such as India and China have suffered the largest population reductions. Over large areas of the planet government has collapsed and famines and other diseases such as typhus and cholera which had been virtually eliminated have once more become endemic. Amid the chaos and dark ages war of all against all some areas are fighting back to reestablish organized life. In what was the USA and Canada is one of the largest of these centers of civilizational restoration. While large patches of the US east of the Mississippi are still unoccupied as is the case in what was Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes an organized force calling itself The Confederation of Free Men has emerged. This force is mostly but not exclusively led by men and is generally patriarchal culturally and moderately Libertarian politically.

The Confederation is locked in a decades long fight to the death with the what calls itself 'the Feminista Orientation' led by the Daughters of Gaiia and generally referred to as the Feministas. Its origins were in what was Queensland , Australia where following a combination of plagues the area was virtually depopulated aside from a number of deliberately isolated feminist colonies. Gradually but then more and more rapidly they overran the rest of Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Tasmania. The Feministas perfected their mores and societal structure during these conflicts. No males were to be left alive aside from small herds of lobotimized seman producers. Emphasis has been on genetic engineering to produce a female type that is taller and stronger than average males. Leaders who are called the Priestesses of Gaiia are products of genetic manipulation and grown extra utero. Only a small percentage of the fertilized eggs ever are permitted to reach viability. The Priestesses are a literal elite of intelligence, persona and physical strength and beauty. Next below the Priestesses are the Amazons, the soldiers and military and civil leadership class. Because of their large numbers (perhaps half of all the Feministas) they are products of less intensive genetic manipulation and perhaps only 25% are products of artificial life production. The rest are egg implants in both volunteer Feministas and in selected worker femmes who are kept in large gestation and birthing facilities. This brings us to third group in the Feminista polity, The 'Workers'. This is an anomalous group consisting of genetically produced females who are strong, healthy , obedient and with a IQ of between 85 and 95 and auquisitions from slave raids in the Pacific Islands and later from western South America. Workers are used for manual heavy labor, auxilliaries in military operations to carry equipment and to act as general labor and porters. They are rigorously excluded from any higher functions and any worker that shows unusually talent in quickly liquidated or used in one of the Feminista test and experiment stations.

The Feminista state is an odd combination of highly advanced as especially is the case io biological sciences and genetics and the near primitive. The later traits are seen in the violent tribalized customs and the Samurai like brutality of the Amazon colonies. Amazons are encouraged to be both very fit and very violent and the recrudescence of wide spread arena like combat is one example of this glorification of violence and strength. The Amazons also conduct raids on non Feminista groups to capture female slave and males, particularly young fit males, to both use in the arena games and to torture to death in large extended quasi religious public events or for private sadistic pleasure. This and to have a permanent combat training area is probably the reason the Feministas have permitted a rump Australian state centered around Perth in Western Australia to survive.

While Amazons are individually highly trained fighters the official feminist ideology discourages organized military training and planning denouncing it as an example of 'male linear thinking'. The amazons therefore fight either individually or as small groups of 'Sapphic Sisters' and prefer a wild rush into battle screaming war cries and wearing few or no clothes if possible and carrying only weapons. This style of combat leads to very high Amazon casualty rates and requires constant replentishment through mass breeding.

The Feministas have spread across the Central Pacific and have created large colonies in Mexico from the rugged west coast to the central region of the country. The center of this major Feminista presence is between Lake Chapala and what was Aguascaliente. They are now attempting to penetrate the Mississippi Valley by working their way up the Gulf coast of Mexico and have established a major military presence at what was Brownsville. The Feministas are also attempting to secure a foothold in southern California as a prelude to moving up the Pacific coast.


For several decades war between the Free Men and the Feministas has been raging. Generally it is a take no prisoners operation although because of the manner in which the Feministas make war large numbers of captives sometimes are taken. These are generally disposed of in executions or weapons testing or if young enough sent to deprogramming and if successful sent as 'extra brides' to the wheat belt of Saskatchewan which is being resettled.


This scenario allows for multiple story lines and multiple writers.
 
Have you read The Gate to Women's Country by Sheri S. Tepper?
 
I ordered a copy over the net. 'Women's Country' is a true novel. I just write action fiction. Looking forward to reading it. Thanks. H
 
Back
Top