Oxford Don's photo gallery

don! you have quite an eye for the shots, but i was blown away by the robin one. it is exquisite. the detail, composition, lighting, colours, oh just everything about it is wonderful! i think you should seriously consider taking it down ready to submit to the annual Countryfile calendar competition or some other ornithological or nature publication. wonderful wonderful picture.

Nice photos Don...one of the best photo threads we've had on here...Aniram's was really the only one to compare...you have a great eye for a shot and obvious skills to capture it...

The last time I was in Oxford taking pictures, it was hammering down with rain...still had a great day but it looks prettier in the sunshine...:D

The Pitt Rivers museum is one of my favourite places to visit, it's wackily interesting - I love the shrunken heads! There are some politicians I'd like to see added to that collection!

Wonderful thread, Don. It's a really nice change of pace. Thank you. :rose:

Although, it would be interesting if you were to suddenly appear naked in some of them, don't you think? Maybe riding a bicycle, or hiding in a boat ... :D

I'm fortunate to live in a picturesque place myself at present. I'm not going to post any pics, but I'll tell you it's near to where Paul Simon was (apparently) inspired to write a famous song.

Well, from this it's really obvious. Your name is Julio, and you live in Queens.

The photos are stunning...I wish I was there to see them in person...

Thanks for sharing an look forward to more... :rose:

Although, it would be interesting if you were to suddenly appear naked in some of them, don't you think? Maybe riding a bicycle, or hiding in a boat ... :D

Well, from this it's really obvious. Your name is Julio, and you live in Queens.

Or if he invited us all to Oxford we could have a naked group photo taken - but I'd have to wear my mankini of course!

I is not Julio señorita, I am Mr Widdle from Widnes (I come from a long line of Widdlers) - damn, now I give it away!

The Pitt Rivers museum is one of my favourite places to visit, it's wackily interesting - I love the shrunken heads! There are some politicians I'd like to see added to that collection!

The shrunken heads are amazing aren't they?? Must try and pop in and take a few photos!

Now then young lady - don't you go putting ideas into my head!!! If you want to see me naked you'll just have to drop me a line!!!;)

The photos are stunning...I wish I was there to see them in person...

Thanks for sharing an look forward to more... :rose:

feel free to visit!!

Christ Church

Although one of the biggest and richest colleges, it does not have college in it's title, starting as it did as a cathedral.

chchurch001.jpg

Christ Church Cathedral

The Cathedral is the College Chapel for the College as well as the cathedral church for the Diocese of Oxford.

chchurch003.jpg

Christ Church

This photo captures the beauty of the early morning sun on the stone...well I think so anyway!! :D

chchurch004.jpg

don, these pictures are amazing! i'm so happy that you have decided to share them with us. you are a wonderful photographer with a great eye for what will make a great shot!

i look forward to seeing more of your world. thank you so much for bringing your world to us. :kiss::heart::kiss::heart:

don, these pictures are amazing! i'm so happy that you have decided to share them with us. you are a wonderful photographer with a great eye for what will make a great shot!

i look forward to seeing more of your world. thank you so much for bringing your world to us. :kiss::heart::kiss::heart:

Glad you like them!!!!:kiss::kiss:

Christ Church Meadow

I large water meadow adjoins the college and leads down to the Thames

chchurch005.jpg

Ah, Christ Church :)

Although one of the biggest and richest colleges, it does not have college in it's title, starting as it did as a cathedral.

Christ Church always gets me sentimental for Jude the Obscure. It was the college that wouldn't let him in.

Winterbottom's Jude did a wonderful job capturing Oxford for the story, I think. Lots of blue gels, stone masonry, rain, coldness. Your pictures seem to tell a much happier tale. :)

I am Mr Widdle from Widnes (I come from a long line of Widdlers) - damn, now I give it away!

Okay, Mr. Widdle. I have narrowed it down. You are standing near a bridge that runs over troubled waters, possibly with a woman named Cecilia.

Christ Church Meadow

The River Cherwell, a tributary of the Thames, runs through the meadow

chchurch006.jpg

Good Morning Don.....I loves the pictures of the swan :heart: Oxford is on my places to visit list, now I have your brain to pick for all the good places to visit, pubs to drink in and places to eat I can see it being sooner rather than later.....more pics Plllleeeeeaaaaassseee:kiss:

Good Morning Don.....I loves the pictures of the swan :heart: Oxford is on my places to visit list, now I have your brain to pick for all the good places to visit, pubs to drink in and places to eat I can see it being sooner rather than later.....more pics Plllleeeeeaaaaassseee:kiss:

hehe...Hi Paula!!

Loads more to post - get in touch when you get here and I'll give you the tour!!:kiss::kiss:

It looks wonderfully serene. I take it that you are out early, before the students are out and about. ie before 11am. :rolleyes:

My daughter attended St Catz, and I must say I miss my regular visits to Oxford. Nowhere else I know that your waiter at the pizza house will discuss quantum mechanics while serving you.

What do you think of Jacobsen's "masterpiece". Perhaps you favour the more traditional buildings? I certainly do. Having been in the Halls of Residence at Catz, I must say I consider the interior design a triumph of style over practicality. It is hard to believe that the original parts are now 50 years old. Maybe you have some photos to illustrate my comments?

Back