My problem with Tarantino (snicker)

A VERY well deserved 'witch hunt for hypocrites'.

I love that this thread title doesn't mention HW by name. I started one in the GB, and it degenerated into about 5 full pages of jerks screaming at each other about unrelated crap. First thread I ever started that I unsubscribed to.

Each and every Hollywood creep needs to be outed and ruined.

And all Broadway creeps, and Bolshoi creeps, and Bollywood creeps, and East End creeps, and Telenovela creeps, and creeps in every drama production center worldwide, where young performers submit sexually to creeps so they can have careers away from the farm or factory they hope to escape.

Maybe a half-century ago, I first heard the axiom of success in show-biz: "It's who you know, what you show, and who you blow." Should rapists (including statutory) be jailed? Absolutely. Should would-be performers have any illusions about the world of money and degradation they're entering? Nope.

I just wish the former was enough to guarantee the latter. One of the many things that pisses me off about this whole affair is the number of stars who are now denouncing Weinstein but still work with Polanski, Allen, Leto, Affleck*, etc. etc.

*Casey, that is - although it sounds as if Ben's also a creep.

And all Broadway creeps, and Bolshoi creeps, and Bollywood creeps, and East End creeps, and Telenovela creeps, and creeps in every drama production center worldwide, where young performers submit sexually to creeps so they can have careers away from the farm or factory they hope to escape.

Add Olympics creeps and academia creeps. I'm sure an all-inclusive list would touch just about everyone everywhere.

rj

I just wish the former was enough to guarantee the latter. One of the many things that pisses me off about this whole affair is the number of stars who are now denouncing Weinstein but still work with Polanski, Allen, Leto, Affleck*, etc. etc.

*Casey, that is - although it sounds as if Ben's also a creep.

Times and acceptance are changing. So is technology. Here's an interesting project that uses technology to improve reporting. A number of universities are using it, and it could become much more widespread in industry or government.

https://www.projectcallisto.org/

It gets around the "first mover disadvantage". For someone just starting out, being the first to report someone can mean the end of a career before it even starts.

With a system like Callisto, an event can be reported, but it goes into an "information escrow". Nothing happens other than it's recorded and time-stamped. However, the reporter can choose two other options. It can be time-stamped and reported electronically to the university. A third option is that it is only reported to the university if another person reports the same perp.

rj

Maybe a half-century ago, I first heard the axiom of success in show-biz: "It's who you know, what you show, and who you blow."

Should rapists (including statutory) be jailed? Absolutely. Should would-be performers have any illusions about the world of money and degradation they're entering? Nope.

If that were the case, I suspect that the annual Christmas concert in a great many jails would be a real doozy. :):)

Weinstein hasn't made the Chinese any money lately.

Actress is the 2nd oldest profession. No one cares if old whores get fucked for money.

Weinstein hasn't made the Chinese any money lately.

Actress is the 2nd oldest profession. No one cares if old whores get fucked for money.

Genetics and biology. Put men with money and influence and power with young good looking women or girls in any situation or setting and you know what's going to happen. With Hollywood it's always happened and I find the blatant hypocrisy with all this HW stuff just hilarious. Deserved but still hilarious. There's going to be a lot of careers burned over this one and then it'll just continue with new players who'll be a bit more discreet about how they go about it.

Genetics and biology. Put men with money and influence and power with young good looking women or girls in any situation or setting and you know what's going to happen. With Hollywood it's always happened and I find the blatant hypocrisy with all this HW stuff just hilarious. Deserved but still hilarious. There's going to be a lot of careers burned over this one and then it'll just continue with new players who'll be a bit more discreet about how they go about it.

Lesbians do the same where they dominate.

I knew a guy who got a job as an actor in a deodorant advertisement by sleeping with the female producer of the ad. He said that that wasn't the first time he had done something like that, either.

Sad, but true. In the history of the world, we have slowly straightened much of our errant human course. Slavery was once the norm (long before the American version): now it is all but eradicated in every corner of the 'civilized' world, though sexual slavery still flourishes.

The Harvey Weinstein type of abhorrent behavior will never die as long as men, and in much fewer cases, women, lust for power and use the sex that is garnered from that power to assuage their narcissism and libido. It's just too age-old and fundamentally rooted in the human psyche to die. It must be forever confronted and squelched, but it truly is a war that will never be fully won.

It's just too age-old and fundamentally rooted in the human psyche to die. It must be forever confronted and squelched, but it truly is a war that will never be fully won.

As long as there are people a war on human nature cannot be 'won'.

As long as there are people a war on human nature cannot be 'won'.

I don't think it's something that can be squelched. It's one of those very basic drives. Just look at this whole website and what we all read and write. Lol. Personally I think the best society can do is to set a modicum of expectations as to civilized and acceptable behaviour and leave it at that. HW strayed beyond acceptable and now he's finally getting called on it. So societal expectations are being defined and adhered to and he will pay a price. Lessons will be learnt and everything will go back to normal. Aspiring actresses should know what they're getting into. Hollywood is a corrupt immoral cesspit and you want in, you should be under no illusions as to the price. HW's mistake was being rather to blatantly aggressive and finally someone with enough of a profile called him. Good for her but it won't stop human nature.

Back