Hooray for Scott Walker!

Looks like dawn is once again ignoring contrary evidence and dogging threads.

Foxconn scales back plans for its first factory in Mount Pleasant

And I'm sure dawn is completely OK with a massive corporation violating it's employee's privacy too right? Tell us dawn are you that desperate that you'd consent to giving away your personal health information like that to a major corporation?

I don't know if you read the link or not. Foxconn will be changing their plans, but eventually expanding them.

The Foxconn Technology Group manufacturing complex that President Donald Trump helped launch Thursday in Mount Pleasant will differ significantly, at least initially, from the original plans.

While two economic-impact analyses prepared last year and the state’s contract with Foxconn say the company will build a type of factory that carves display panels out of immense sheets of wafer-thin glass, Foxconn now says it first will erect a plant that uses much smaller sheets of glass.

Such factories typically are much smaller and less-expensive than the sort of plant Foxconn originally planned, industry observers say.


Like Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Business on Facebook for the latest updates right in your news feed.
Visit JS Business on Facebook
The firm, however, has said “categorically” that it remains committed to investing the full $10 billion in what it has named the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park, and to creating 13,000 Wisconsin jobs with an average annual wage of $53,875.

In a statement Thursday, Foxconn said it still plans to build the larger type of factory in a second phase of its project, along with "other next-generation manufacturing facilities."

"Our plans for our Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park, including the size of our Wisconsin facility, remain unchanged and they are linked to our commitment to this significant investment and to meeting all contractual obligations with the relevant government agencies," Foxconn stated.
 
dan_c00000... You're back!

I'm so glad. I missed you, and the way you always manage to make a fool of yourself while moving my threads to the top of the Politics Board.

You just made a fool of yourself again.

The report that Foxconn was "scaling back" it Mt. Pleasant plant first arose in May (e.g., B. Lovejoy, Foxconn reportedly scaling back plans for Wisconsin display factory, 9to5Mac (May 23, 2018)). It was quickly repudiated (e.g., S. Bauer, Foxconn says no changes planned for Wisconsin project, Chicago Tribune (May 23, 2018)). That has not kept media outlets (like the Journal Sentinel) and political forces antipathetic to the Walker Administration from resurrecting the claim every few weeks in order to try to dampen enthusiasm for this economic coup.

As the three weeks old article you cite points out:

The firm, however, has said “categorically” that it remains committed to investing the full $10 billion in what it has named the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park, and to creating 13,000 Wisconsin jobs with an average annual wage of $53,875.

"Our plans for our Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park, including the size of our Wisconsin facility, remain unchanged and they are linked to our commitment to this significant investment and to meeting all contractual obligations with the relevant government agencies," Foxconn stated.

In its statement, Foxconn said it has always planned a phased approach of construction "to ensure that we continue to meet current and projected demand for advanced LCD panels and the other technologies and products that will be the focus of that campus."​

(Emphasis added.) That last point about having "always planned a phased approach of construction" is demonstrably true. You need only review some of the earlier posts in this thread when I and other posters described the project details.

More importantly, note the bit about "meeting all contractual obligations." As many of those earlier posts point out, if Foxconn does not build the plant as originally indicated, it forfeits some or all of the tax credits from which it would benefit under those contracts. The deal was structured so that if Foxconn does scale back operations, Wisconsin still comes out ahead financially.

I read the local news, including several business publications, daily. There is no indication of any actual "scaling back" of the Foxconn project. Even if it did happen though, whatever economic development occurs will be a boon for Wisconsin.

Still, you can expect to see a lot more misleading headlines and false reports as we get closer to the November elections. Please, dan_c00000, keep citing them. Not only does it keep my thread active but, also, ever since you first brought your vitriol to my threads, I really enjoy exposing you for the uninformed fraud that you are.

Meanwhile:

Foxconn Technology Group announced Monday it is expanding its Wisconn Valley Innovation Network to west central Wisconsin, specifically Eau Claire, as part of its initiative to spur innovation, attract talent and connect with supply chain partners.

To foster entrepreneurship, Foxconn plans to invest in and create a technology hub in the heart of Chippewa Valley through the acquisition of a historic office building and creation of innovation and test centers in downtown Eau Claire. The company plans to close on these properties later this year and open new operations in early 2019.

Foxconn said the new centers, to be named Foxconn Place Chippewa Valley, will create at least 150 high-tech jobs in Eau Claire. Employees will work with companies that will become part of Foxconn’s large supply chain and contribute to the development of the AI (artificial intelligence) 8K+5G ecosystem that Foxconn is building across the Badger State. The term 8K refers to super-high-resolution imaging, and 5G refers to the next generation of cell phone technology.​

M. Burke, Foxconn expanding to downtown Eau Claire, Racine Journal Times (Jul. 16, 2018).

This, along with the fact that Foxconn is moving its Western Hemisphere Headquarters to Milwaukee and also opening another technology center in Green Bay, seems a bit at odds with the idea that it is "scaling back" its Wisconsin operations. The truth is Foxconn is already doing more economic development than originally expected to the economic benefit of Wisconsin and its citizens.
 
Such factories typically are much smaller and less-expensive than the sort of plant Foxconn originally planned, industry observers say.

You ruined yourself. Thanks.

Now to easily destroy dawn. With a pro-Trump source, even!

The Foxconn Plant Is a Bad Deal for Wisconsin Taxpayers

A look at the numbers is illustrative. All told, Wisconsin could end up delivering $3 billion in tax credits to Foxconn. Even if Foxconn’s arrival results in thousands of new jobs over the next several years, it will open a gaping fiscal hole that will be filled only in 2043, when the state recoups the money spent on these tax breaks.

Here’s the bottom line: If the jobs target of 13,000 is met, Wisconsin taxpayers will pay $219,000 per job. If only 3,000 jobs are created, they will pay $587,000 per job in the form of a $1.7 billion tax credit.


Even the pro-Trump National Review is against the deal. Another shitty, shitty dawn for racist dawn.
 
Oh dan_c00000, this is why I missed you!

You're so easy to trigger, and keep my threads on the top of the Politics Board. I knew I could count on you.

Of course, you've made these same fallacious claims about Foxconn several times before, and been ruined each time.

Again, the Foxconn incentives actually cost the state nothing, because they are tax credits. In other words, the state will not be paying anything, they will just be collecting less in taxes from Foxconn than the statutory rate. Without those incentives, however, Foxconn would not have brought all these jobs to Wisconsin, so the sate comes out ahead, not in the hole, on any tax revenues it receives, either from Foxconn directly, of from all the economic activity the plant will generate.

Remember, Foxconn has to meet very specific benchmarks in both capital investments and hiring before it receives any credits. Meanwhile, all the economic activity that goes with the building and subsequent staffing of the huge factory and offices generate thousands upon thousands of taxable events, from the wages paid to the construction workers, to the tax on the fuel for their equipment, to the income of the growing cadre of Foxconn personnel and staffs of the ancillary companies, to the daily life purchases they make. That will amount to tens, then hundreds of millions of dollars in state revenues not subject to any tax credits.

In short, the claim that each Foxconn job is "costing" the state so much money is a fallacy designed to trick those who do not understand how taxation and financing work. Is that you, dan_c00000? Are you really that uninformed? Or are you one of those intentionally spreading the lie?
 
Remember, Foxconn has to meet very specific benchmarks in both capital investments and hiring before it receives any credits.

If you believe a huge corporation like Foxconn won't screw over works just look what they did in their Taiwan plant.

I notice you haven't addressed any of the arguments I've been making. That's what a triggered racist does.

Here I'll give you just one little tidbit of how this is going to screw over normal people and let's see if you can respond with an actual argument as opposed to get going all snowflake and being a huge racist.

Foxconn finds way to stick 7 million-gallon straw into Lake Michigan

How is this good for the people of Wisconsin? Or are you going to ignore me and move the goalposts? Triggered racist.
 
My dear dan_c00000!

Thank you. Not only do you keep returning my thread to the top of the Politics Board, you actually made me laugh out loud this time.

I find your ignorance of the facts amusing, given how desperately you try to act like an expert.

About those seven million gallons of water....

I grew up in Racine and know its history. It used to be a major manufacturing center with many large factories, the largest being for Case Tractors. Back then, the Case plant alone drew 15 million gallons of water a day from Lake Michigan, causing no problem. At the same time, just down the road in Kenosha (Mt. Pleasant, in which the Foxconn plant is located, is directly between Racine and Kenosha), American Motors, and then Dodge/Chrysler, had a huge automotive plant also taking a comparable amount of water from the lake, still causing no problem.

The article you cite is from March, in the Chicago Tribune. Illinois, with its high tax and anti-business climate, is losing thousands of residents each year to Wisconsin because of our superior economic climate. That's the motivation behind this article.

Then, of course, while citing that stale piece of misleading propaganda, you conveniently ignore this (although, to be fair, I don't think you actually "ignore" this, you're just that uninformed):

Foxconn announced Tuesday it will voluntarily adopt a leading-edge water recycling system at its future manufacturing and research campus here.

The zero liquid discharge system will allow the Taiwanese company to dramatically reduce the campus’ water intake requirements from Lake Michigan and virtually eliminate the return of any manufacturing process wastewater to the lake.

In using this technology, Foxconn expects to reduce its water intake by more than 3.5 million gallons per day, down to 2.5 million gallons per day.

The ZLD system will eliminate manufacturing process wastewater by distilling it, thus allowing the company to recycle, recover and reuse the water.

Foxconn has begun construction of a $10 billion, 22 million-square-foot manufacturing campus in southwest Mount Pleasant. It is expected to employ 13,000 people at its peak.

“One of the reasons we chose to locate in Wisconsin is the state’s pristine environment, and we take our responsibility to preserve it seriously,” stated Louis Woo, special assistant to Foxconn founder and CEO Terry Gou.

“This system will be state-of-the-art technology to reduce the water our facility needs to operate by millions of gallons per day. We not only seek to comply with all regulations where we do business, we also work to exceed them when possible.”

Keith Haas, Racine Water and Wastewater Utility general manager, said Foxconn engineers were talking last summer about the possibility of ZLD operations.

“It’s good news,” Haas said. “The plant will have more capacity for other development in the community. ... A plant expansion may not be as critical, and it prolongs the life of the existing plant and postpones, a little bit, the need for plant expansion.”​

M. Burke, Foxconn announces zero-discharge system; will slash water usage, Kenosha News (Jun. 19, 2018).

You've been ruined again dan_c00000! In this most recent inning, that's three strikes. You're out.
 
You didn't answer a single question. Swallowing more corporate lies as always.

So you're not only a man pretending to be a woman on the internet but a racist, a coward, and now you support treason. Pathetic. I would really stop posting if I were you it's getting embarrassing.


Sir, you are either totally deluded, or just a liar. Dawn has demolished you with the facts. As for Dawn being "a man pretending to be a woman on the internet," I already shared this with you on another thread:


Wow. You've totally lost your mind, and all of your credibility.

I know both Dawn and Princeps from outside of Literotica. I can assure you that they are not the same person and that both are the genders they portray here.

If you are that desperate as to make such an absurd claim, you must have no arguments to support your points.


I know Dawn in the real world. She is not a racist, and she is a woman.

It is interesting that you find it so hard to accept that a woman can outsmart you. Insecure in your masculinity much?

 
I know Dawn in the real world.

Prove it. You're also a proven racist so I'm not shocked you're sticking up for your fellow Klan member.

Let's quickly run through a list of things dawn refuses to answer and moves the goal posts on.

1. The fact that Foxconn is a massive polluter and their promises mean nothing.

2. Foxconn's invasion of their workers' privacy.

3. Foxconn is directly responsible for the suicide of employees and dangerous working conditions.

4. Foxconn's awful record of treating their workers.

5. Scott Walker is a traitor.

And that's just this thread. Dawn has been destroyed, by me, in several other threads and won't post in them. "She" actively refuses to do so.

I'd love to see either of you make a non-racist argument against any of these points. You're both incapable of doing it and, quite honestly, it's a bit sad and pathetic it takes two racists backing each other up to ignore any one of these questions.

As always,

you-got-owned.jpg
 

Sir, you are either totally deluded, or just a liar. Dawn has demolished you with the facts. As for Dawn being "a man pretending to be a woman on the internet," I already shared this with you on another thread:



I know Dawn in the real world. She is not a racist, and she is a woman.

It is interesting that you find it so hard to accept that a woman can outsmart you. Insecure in your masculinity much?


Thanks for having my back, Dear.

He's easily triggered, isn't he?

It's fun on one level, because he is the one who introduced such vitriol into several of my threads, but, to be honest, I do pity him. From the little clues you can pick up about his life, he's a frustrated mediocrity in a go-nowhere job. I suspect his self-perceived polemical victories here at Lit are simply a desperate attempt at self-esteem. It always makes me feel a little guilty when I crush him rhetorically.
 
Walker’s poll numbers seem to be plummeting.

This is true.

It's too early to judge the significance of these numbers, though, especially those when compared to a generic "Democrat opponent." Until after the primaries, all attention is on the Democrats. History shows this tends to unbalance poll numbers in the opposing party's favor. After the primary, when the contest really begins, it will be fascinating to see what happens in the polls. If Walker's numbers stay poor after he has started advertising fully and people can compare the candidates, then he may be in trouble.

Meanwhile, the Republican senate primary is just as intriguing between seasoned conservative Leah Vukmir and conservative convert (ex-president of the College Democrats of America) Kevin Nicholson.
 
This should help Wisconsin Republicans.

In May, for example, the average weekly private sector wage in Wisconsin increased 6.4 percent from the same time in 2017, to $869.66. Nationwide, the increase was 3.1 percent, to $923.98. Account for inflation, and Wisconsin’s average wage was up $29.36 per week while the country’s was up just $2.27 per week.

Wage gains outpacing the national average are not a one-month phenomena for the state, either. Wisconsin averaged a year-over-year increase of 5.7 percent in the first five months of 2018, compared to 2.7 percent for the U.S. For all of 2017, the state averaged an increase of 3.6 percent, while the country averaged 2.8 percent.

Metro Milwaukee has seen a similar trend, with wages increasing 4.9 percent in May compared to the same time last year and averaging a 5.6 percent year-over-year increase in the first five months of 2018. The region also averaged an increase of 4.1 percent in both 2017 and 2016, outpacing U.S. wage growth both years.

The wage growth roughly coincides with when the state’s unemployment rate dipped below 4.5 percent. It has continued to trend downward, reaching a seasonally-adjusted 2.8 percent in April and May.​

A. Thomas, Wage growth in Wisconsin outpacing U.S., BizTimes (Jul. 23, 2018).
 
Both overall spending on education and per-pupil spending on education is more today than it was when Gov Walker took over from Jim Doyle. Wisconsin now spends nearly $600 million more per year on public K-12 education than it did in Jim Doyle’s last year in office.​

J. Weber, Governor Scott Walker IS the Education Governor, 1130 WISN (Aug. 7, 2018).
 
Wisconsin's unemployment rate has been under 3 percent for the past six months, an indicator of economic health that Gov. Scott Walker has been touting on the campaign trail.

The state Department of Workforce Development reported Thursday that Wisconsin's unemployment rate was 2.9 percent in July. That is unchanged from June. The state added 9,100 private-sector jobs between June and July.

Prior to last year, Wisconsin's unemployment rate never dropped below 3 percent....​

Wisconsin unemployment under 3 percent for sixth month, Racine Journal Times (Aug. 16, 2018) (emphasis added).
 
It’s amazing what a little competition will do to a monopolized health insurance marketplace.

In Wisconsin, the free-market forces unleashed by Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 law have saved taxpayers some $3.2 billion in benefits costs alone, mostly thanks to reduced health insurance costs, according to 2017-18 data from the state Department of Administration.​

M.D. Kittle, Walker’s Free-market Reforms Save Taxpayers $3.2 Billion on Insurance Costs, Townhall (Aug 23, 2018).
 
Foxconn Technology Group announced Monday that it will invest $100 million in engineering and innovation research at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is one of the largest gifts in the school's history and comes as the Taiwan-based electronics giant builds its first North American factory in southeastern Wisconsin.

Foxconn CEO Terry Gou and UW-Madison Chancellor Rebecca Blank signed an agreement that also calls for the creation of a science and technology institute on the UW-Madison campus that will collaborate closely with the plant, which is being built in Mount Pleasant, about 100 miles (160 kilometers) southeast of Madison near the Illinois border.

Foxconn, the world's leading electronics manufacturer, chose Wisconsin for its first plant outside of Asia after receiving generous incentives from the state. Foxconn says the plant could cost up to $10 billion and eventually employ 13,000 people.

Finding those workers was expected to be a challenge in a state with low unemployment. The deal announced Monday would provide a conduit of potential interns and employees from the state's largest university to the Foxconn plant.

The Foxconn Institute for Research in Science and Technology, which will be created under the agreements, will be a hub for technological innovation and provide an environment for research and development initiatives in medical science, materials science, computer and data-driven science.

The institute's main location will be at the Foxconn manufacturing campus in Racine County, but it will also have a presence in Madison.

The university said the agreements formalize its commitment to being a part of research with Foxconn, while Foxconn will assist with research, recruiting and creating job opportunities.

Blank said the $100 million deal is the largest industry research partnership in the university's history....

Foxconn has also announced plans to open its North American office headquarters in Milwaukee and technology centers that could employ hundreds in Eau Claire and Green Bay.​

S. Bauer, Foxconn giving $100 million to UW-Madison for partnership, Chicago Tribune (Aug. 27, 2018).
 

Apparently, the Dems. in the legislature are trying to sabotage the project, and the very liberal Milwaukee newspaper is supporting this attempt. I have seen this same news before. According to a previous post, the plan is to start with the smaller sheets of glass and expand later into the larger ones, making the project larger than originally planned.

The article is wrong about this too:
The Wisconsin facility is planned to be a 20-million-square-foot campus roughly halfway between Milwaukee and Chicago, though it’s not immediately clear if the footprint for the facility will change if the company produces smaller glass there.

The site of the project is much closer to Milwaukee than to Chicago, about 15 miles compared to seventy.
 

You included these same bogus contentions in your Post 200 about six weeks ago. Dawn and I both read the attached article and took apart your contentions. There's really no point in repeating ourselves but, if she wants to, that is her choice.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is apparently trying to sabotage the project in the hopes of harming the gov. and replacing him with some "Progressive." This is a normal tactic of the Left.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top