When does someone actually stop masturbating?

As stopping is on your mind, does that mean you view it as a problem?

My personal opinion is that it's a fun, healthy thing to do, and if I had a partner I would have no issue with him masturbating at all. I wouldn't view it as avoiding me, or not caring about me, we all need a little alone time every now again. Whether that's to take a solo walk or run, or catch a movie alone, cook yourself your favourite meal - we all need it. If I were to catch him masturbating and could join in - well all the better!

I think of masturbation as making love to yourself, and it teaches you what you like, and prevents those with higher sex drives running around frustrated, so why not enjoy it? You wouldn't withhold any other treat for yourself, so why this one?

Have fun ;)

I guess my issue is I was brought up in an Anglican school where I was led to believe masturbation was sinful and bad. So from a young age I've always assumed once I started having sexual partners masturbation would automatically stop. That has not been the case and I can see from the views of the older generation it will never be the case. Not that I am complaining as I do enjoy some me time. :)
 
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love beating the meat.
:)

Less religion and more pleasure is a good way to follow.
 
I guess my issue is I was brought up in an Anglican school where I was led to believe masturbation was sinful and bad. So from a young age I've always assumed once I started having sexual partners masturbation would automatically stop. That has not been the case and I can see from the views of the older generation it will never be the case. Not that I am complaining as I do enjoy some me time. :)

Ah. Well, I suppose I sort of see where you are coming from. Southern Baptist in "the buckle of the Bible belt" rather than Anglican, but still...

Nope. At least in my experiences it doesn't stop. While frequency may drop off and possibly duration, so far it seems a pretty continual "need".

Er, then again, asking the question in the forums on Literotica.com MIGHT be a bit self-selective study sample.

Say! You don't think these thick assed glasses are proof they were right and it would make me go blind do you?! :eek: (checks palms for hair)
 
Ah. Well, I suppose I sort of see where you are coming from. Southern Baptist in "the buckle of the Bible belt" rather than Anglican, but still...

Nope. At least in my experiences it doesn't stop. While frequency may drop off and possibly duration, so far it seems a pretty continual "need".

Er, then again, asking the question in the forums on Literotica.com MIGHT be a bit self-selective study sample.

Say! You don't think these thick assed glasses are proof they were right and it would make me go blind do you?! :eek: (checks palms for hair)

When they are dead!
 
When I was young, I'd stop when there was a knock on the door or heard other people in the house. I kept magazines with nude pics of women hid somewhere.

Then I started dating and getting laid a lot. I still masturbated, but not near as much.

These days I stop when I'm tired.
 
I am now 80 years old, and have not stopped. Even without a prostate it feels terrific. Of course I use a vacuum pump to achieve a full erection, but if it works, it works.

80? You still got it going on Pops! (hope that doesn't offend you).
 
80? You still got it going on Pops! (hope that doesn't offend you).

Not offended at all, I take it as a compliment. Life after prostate. Life after divorce. Life after antidepressants. Life after Medicare. :)
 
i hope to die of old age with a smile on my face and my hand on my kitty
 
i hope to die of old age with a smile on my face and my hand on my kitty

Ya know, upon mature reflection, I'd kind of like to go out that way myself. Of old age with a smile on my face and my hand on your kitty. :devil:
 
I usually stop after my climax! :) but have been known to go for a second around...

Even when life is good and I have an active sex life, I masturbate regularly, sometimes with my partner, often on my own - having sex and masturbating aren't mutually exclusive, it isn't a replacement, but an enhancement.
 
I stopped masturbating after I blew my load over my stomach and chest. I didn’t start again until the next time.
 
I usually stop after I cum.

Seriously, I can attest that there is no loss of interest in masturbating well into ones fifties, even when you have a willing partner to have sex with. It's just a different kind of thing.

I am approaching mid 60’s and still do and like it when my hub does it to me. Fingers and running bath water still my favorites, but also use my vibe. Not the thrill it once was, but I still want it and want to exercise that part of my body.
 
No and I hope it never stops. Pleasuring one's self makes you a better lover in my opinion. The more you know yourself, the better feedback you can communicate to your lover. ;)

The added bonus while being in a relationship is to invite them to watch. Makes it oh so much more fun. :D
 
I don't think people ever stop. I wasn't able to when I was sick or injured but you had better believe it resumed when I got better. And even when I have a S/O, I still do it. Perhaps not as much as if I didn't have one though.
 
I know this probably sounds pretty dumb but in my teens when I used to pretty much masturbate everyday I used to tell myself when I finally have a girlfriend I'm sure I will stop...

Well I didn't, nor did it stop now that I am married and approaching mid thirties. I still like a bit of alone time with my right hand..although thankfully not everyday.

So I guess the question is do we actually ever stop masturbating? This is a question for both sexes.

Specifically would love to know the thoughts of the baby boomers that are in this thread? Do you guys still do it and if so how often?

I'm 52 years old.

When do I stop masturbating?

Usually after an orgasm or two.
 
And Now I Am 81...

...and still making use of what I have. This past year's discovery: melted coconut oil: warm lubricity.
 
I do it quite a bit more now days that I used to. My SO and I really don't have sex much anymore, and I am too horny to be celibate.
 
Back
Top