The Isolated Blurt Thread II

Got a move in date!!! Yay! Now I have to sort, pack and figure out the move.
 
1414901.jpg
 
Trip to the dentist this morning for a couple of small fillings escalated. They found a third, so went ahead and did that.

Then they got into the discussion of a Wisdom tooth that had been showing for too many years. It hadn't been bothering me, but they explained it had a bad spot and was getting worse and may not be too long before there was no choice. So, since they were already in there with the numbing stuff, tools and what have you, they talked me into taking it out. Explained it might not be a whole bunch of fun either because of where it was.


Turned out to be not as bad as they feared, but it was more decayed than they thought, so it really had to come out.

I have a headache, but I also have Lortabs.

I may fall asleep soon. Hopefully.
 
I can’t sleep.
I now know what my Grandmother meant went she said that she “couldn’t shut her mind off” at night.
 
Last edited:
I'm fed up with being told I am an excellent teacher whilst simultaneously being told I'm not good enough.

What do you want from me?
 
*tip of the hat, to GBPB's someoneyouknow

Charles Seife@cgseife led me to Edge.

I had forgotten about Edge dot org.

New Yorker Katinka Matson works on the border between art and science, it seems consistent that her work began with such a lucky mishap. That occurred some 15 years ago, when she put some flowers on a flatbed scanner in her office and pressed the start button. The flowers were crushed. The result was nevertheless startling. Because scanners do not capture points of light through a lens like cameras, but scan them pixel by pixel, the images had a sharpness and luminosity she'd never seen before. The extreme clarity of images was especially unique. Human's visual perception has incorporated the distortions and blurring of camera lenses when looking at printed or filmed reality. In Katinka Matson's work those distortions are mostly absent. The science historian George Dyson described the effect: "Vision evolved to attract insects, and by removing the lens Katinka has taken us back to this direct connection between the flower and the deepest layers of the visual brain. And that makes it so amazing."

https://www.edge.org/conversation/andrian_kreye-true-stem-and-true-flowering

philosophy girl might have found something to her liking at that site.


*tip of the hat to our resident California critter- I found the long lost video of Johnny Cash & John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads (Rare Footage)
 
"Hey, how has your day been?" In a work situation. I'm never good with small talk but WTAF does this mean and how should you reply? If my day has been shit, how do you propose to make it better, because asking vacuous, facetious and insincere platitudes really really won't help.
Has anyone else got answers or examples of millenial BS sinceeeeerity? :mad:
 
Back
Top