How is the forum moderator doing?

How is the forum moderator doing?

  • Other (please explain in a post).

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    17

hell_kaiserV2

Experienced
Joined
Mar 13, 2013
Posts
70
Since one user is insisting that our moderators are doing poor jobs, let's put it to a public vote and see what everyone thinks about our moderators.

This topic is only for discussing the forum mod, Kaitou1412, and is only to discuss his work as a moderator. Opinions on threads on the site are not judged here. Please vote, and I'll keep a real poll in this post, in case a certain troll uses multiple accounts to swing the vote a certain way. And please post as well, to explain why you voted the way you did.

True count:

Total Votes: 16
Excellent: 8 (50%)
Okay: 7 (43.75%)
Terrible: 1 (6.25%)
Other (positive): 0 (0%)
Other (negative): 0 (0%)

Ignored votes:

peterbarry3 - alternate of rippitydoo

Overall approval of Kaitou1412 as a moderator: 93.75%
 
Last edited:
Only okay because he's rather strict, which is much better than being a little lax.

I agree with this. I think he delete certain posts a bit too much, but he's alone and it's much less time consuming to just delete them.
 
Excellent with some reservations. Again, I would have preferred an option between okay and excellent.
 
Excellent with some reservations. Again, I would have preferred an option between okay and excellent.

That's why other is there. I covered good, bad, and indifferent already, and anything between them should be talked about. I think keeping it simple like this doesn't cause people to hesitate and over think the choices.
 
It's a difficult job to do, trying to toe the line sometimes with people you call friends and trying to get them to step back in line is not easy. I've not seen anything that Kaitou1412 has done that would make me think twice about his appointment.
 
Excellent with some reservations. Again, I would have preferred an option between okay and excellent.

Gunde, could you please share your reservations with me? I am trying to be a good moderator and I'd love to hear what anyone thinks I'm missing.
 
Gunde, could you please share your reservations with me? I am trying to be a good moderator and I'd love to hear what anyone thinks I'm missing.

It's nothing too serious. Your handling of Tim could have been more consistent from the start, I'm not sure about editing or deleting some of his posts and then leaving others around, and it would have been nice with a locked thread explaining exactly what it is he's done and why he's not welcome any longer. We all know why, but the details are convoluted and spread out across different threads spanning several years.

Even so, you're relatively new to the role and got a very difficult and frustrating problem to deal with straight right from the beginning, so it's not that I think you haven't done an excellent job.
 
I'm not sure about editing or deleting some of his posts and then leaving others around

This I'll take. I did fixate on playing games with him when things got boring around here, and recently don't care who's blasted him. However, I do leave the one rippitydoo post both for context and proof that he is in fact the new alternate; in the past, deletion of damning remarks has led him to decide he never made them and could act like a completely different user.

and it would have been nice with a locked thread explaining exactly what it is he's done and why he's not welcome any longer.

Eh, that's easier said than done. The CHYOO site banishment is easy (though I may need a little input from Torg), but the forum is a bit more complicated. I can talk about why I took away his fourth chance, but I can't say why he lost his first three chances. Unfortunately, either Literotica doesn't require this information to be supplied in the records, or I'm not privileged to those records. I can see clearly that three of his accounts were banished here, and one lacks the tell-tale marks of his hacker (thereby incriminating all three accounts as justly banished). However, there's no indication of why he was banished in the first place, and whether or not the two follow-ups were punishments for ban evasion or something else entirely.

Although, your suggestion is taken to heart, and I will be making a topic in the general board in a moment expressing these to the best of my knowledge.
 
Last edited:
I've read it. It was a good and concise post that gave a solid overview of everything that's happened. Good job.
 
Back
Top