Prayers for a friend

I've only just found out via your FB post Angeline I wondered if it was our Beth and went and checked her FB page ......... I am devastated and in tears here. Beth brought me love and laughter and it hurts so badly I find it hard to find the words

I've only just found out via your FB post Angeline I wondered if it was our Beth and went and checked her FB page ......... I am devastated and in tears here. Beth brought me love and laughter and it hurts so badly I find it hard to find the words

I know. She was a sweet lady, and I'll miss her. We really are like a family here and we all feel the loss.

:kiss:

Boo.

A woman who thought well, spoke well and did well to the world.

I feel sure she left it the better, for a life well and generously lived.:rose:

I came back to read the poetry (something I couldn't do last night) and I still haven't managed it. Didn't get beyond 3 and I am in floods again. She always used to say to me 'Always got time for you darling girl, you know that' and that was so typicsl of Beth.
I'll keep coming back until I've got the strength to read them all ...... just not now

Similar to others here, Lauren and I have known Boo for quite a while. We were fortunate enough to speak with her regularly and even more fortunate to do it via Skype. It was always such a joy for us to talk about anything and everything under the sun, and as many of you will know, our Boo rarely had a loss for words. Unfortunately, I do feel at a loss and so I will post one of the poems she wrote that has always moved me.

Morning Memory (villanelle)
byBooMerengue©

The sweetness of the morning dew,
the sun's rays gently on my skin
remind me of my time with you.

A memory so deep within
my soul-there are no shadows there!
The sun's rays gently on my skin

reflect your smile, your eyes, your scent,
the energy you pass to me.
My soul-there are no shadows there,

for you have quickly set them free!
This garden stems from your design;
the energy you pass to me.

If only we could once align
our dreams and this reality
This garden stems from your design.

But now as sun begins to flee
The sweetness of the morning dew
our dreams and this reality
remind me of my time with you.

It is amazing that this news can hurt so much considering how many years it has been since I've even been here, but it does. Boo was always so supportive and caring. The world is a lesser place without her.

:rose:

So sorry to hear this sad news. I chatted to Boo a few times and her passing touches my heart. Sending love and hugs to all those grieving.

It is amazing that this news can hurt so much considering how many years it has been since I've even been here, but it does. Boo was always so supportive and caring. The world is a lesser place without her.

:heart:

TY Min

I have not known what to say. It's very sad to lose such a vital member of the community. Also, it is a reminder that each moment is precious. I wish I had known BooMerengue better when I had the chance. I am glad that her writing remains for us.

I'm sure there are words from me, but I don't have them now. I'm tired of grief, but know it won't go away.

I keep coming in and reading what everyone has written and then leaving without adding anything 'cause I've been getting too misty-eyed and sniffly to really think, let along type, something with any coherence to it. Like so many have mentioned, I wish I had gotten to know Boo better (just as I had wished too late with other members of the Lit community), but...well, anyway, I can feel myself beginning to digress and ramble and....*sniff* 'Bye, Boo...:rose:

:cool:

Flippy
byBooMerengue©

You fell out when the book opened
Well not you silly!
I had forgotten you were here!

One fish! Two fish!
Red fish! Blue fish!
I hear your giggle near my ear.

Let me count your freckles again!
Mommy won't care!
green marker dots...52, 53, 54!

So you have a note? An invite
to an overnight? Can I go? No!?!
It's just boys??

And you have money, too,
In your pocket; 27 cents- wow!
A lot of gum!

And then a scream of brakes, a thud.
Thats all. Not much. So fast.

And you've been hiding here ever since.
In my book. 28 years.
Still giggling near my ear.

I haven't really forgotten, you know.

That is VERY gnarly (if I read that correctly, with the brakes and the thud).
Especially jolting coda.

I really like the inventiveness and simple innocence of how that evolves. The meter is there, but she wasn’t worried about it much.
It did NOT follow special rules. It went its way.
And it works. Quite beautifully.

I’m sorry about your friend, Angeline.

It appears she left some things. Made herself worth being.

And for that we smile, yes?

: )

oh sad sad sad- does not seem real.

I am sorry to all here who lost a good friend. I did not have too much one on one interaction with her, but she is one who welcomed me when I was new here- one of the reasons I stayed so long.

I do know Boo was intelligent, kind, talented- her emotions and memories were so clearly translated through her poetry. How wonderful that she left such a vital part of herself for us to appreciate, how sad she had to go too soon.

This poem is probably already included in this thread, but I came across it in LeBroz's Archival Review. I miss Boo. :heart:

Come walk awhile (a villanelle)
by BooMerengue©

Come, take my hand and walk awhile with me!
I'll share the day with no one else in mind
our selfishness the gift we give for free.
You'll snuggle close as we walk towards the sea.
I'll cherish all the keepsakes that we find.
Come, take my hand and walk awhile with me.
Your shouted laugh imprints my memory
and racing fast the sunlight makes us blind!
Our selfishness the gift we give for free;
my joy in you explodes in raucous glee
when seagulls scream at us though not unkind!
Come, take my hand and walk awhile with me
as night descends we'll gather from the trees
the firelight that lets the day unwind,
The time we share is limited, you see.
We will not waste a glance at whats behind.
Come, take my hand and walk awhile with me

Back