Political Poetry

You're trying to say that Greek economists are that naive, and that they were naive over long years? It's very hard to accept it.

I'm saying the Greek political class and establishment were corrupt and Goldman Sachs saw an opportunity to corruptly take advantage of the corruption in the Greek body politic. But that is not the fault of ordinary Greeks. Western democracy is not really democracy, it is really a consensus between the wealthy establishment and the people. Corruption at the top, largely coming about in the 80s with the change of ideology from social democracy to liberal corporate capitalism, the consensus is breaking.



In general, yes, the early EU (it had then a different name) was great: they removed all kind of barriers (within EU): freedom to travel, to work, to marry, they removed import duties, ... So far so good, even wonderful. But then they developed the cancer of bureaucracy which is step by step killing the whole idea of EU--instead of freedom, now they have a GOVERNMENT which is not even properly elected. Oh, well, I got here away from Greece but it is related. No GOVERNMENT--no abuses and temptations. When the GOVERNMENT or some people in the GOVERNMENT want to make a few hundreds or millions for themselves they hurt the societies casing waste of hundred of millions or billions. Be it the EU or other governments, its all the same.

I can't disagree with that.
 
Don't Cry For Me 'Lil Juanita


For real
Reeling
Hopping mad
Feeling
Meaner than a Mexican jumping beaner
Missing my Mama
Been years since I've seen her
Long ago
Once upon a time in Mexico
Now can't afford gas
To drive across the border
Yeah
That's right, Pendejo
Your out of order
She's stuck over there
You cut in line
I'm stuck over here
You stole jobs that were mine
And all you got to say for your sorry ass self is

Don't cry for me 'lil Juanita
The truth is I had to leave you
To make more money for our family
So we could buy a large screen television
I'm grew tired of our thirty-two inch screen

We must keep up with the Juanses
And pay for everything in cash
Why the hell should I bust my hump
Doing what I do
Making five times less?

So, I'm off to the U.S.
The Land of Opportunity
To blend in with the rest of society
So many Americans
Who don't appreciate what they have
Too lazy to mow the green grass
And trim their own hedges


Hedging my bets
With prayers in Sunday mass
Waiting for Mama's visa approval
Legal right of passage to pass
Until then
Viva La Immigration
My ass
America
Oh, what a grand nation
For the One Percenters
Upper class
And putos
You covertly sneak in
Cut in front of patiently waiting brethren
Then cry like a little whining bitches
About the evils of Deportation
While mailing home your riches
And all you got to say for your sorry ass self is

I think I will stay here
Forever, till I die
My dearest Juanita
Don't be you be sad
Don't you cry
And just be glad
You don't have to sleep with me anymore
After I've eaten that fifth burrito

Don't cry for me 'lil Juanita
Try not to think of it as being abandoned
To care for our children all by your lonesome
While I drink six packs of Corona
With my new American wife

And never wake up before noon

Juanita! Juanita! Juanita!


This is where I cast my American right to vote
For a new Tex Mex Border Alligator Moat
Let's see your family swim over now
So rude
Illegally

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE ANIMALS

Once they've become a meal of Mexican fast food

Juanita, don't cry for me!










And now, a silent treatment rebuttle from the Pro-Illegal Immigration crowd:

av-61.jpg
 
Last edited:
... and powerful, convincing, magnificent, overwhelming, insightful... blah-blah-blah...

Cheap bluff. Over the longer time in your po-pho-po-political "poems" you had nothing to say, and nothing concrete except for desecrating the WWII Greek victims by making up your false image in which you put the victims together with gold; and on the victims behalf you (unauthorized) wanted Greeks today to be given money earned by hard working young Germans which had no more responsibility for WWII than you. Oh, your writing was too so very strong, manifold, poignant, powerful, convincing, magnificent, overwhelming, insightful, blah-bah-blah.

You guys can vote and vote and vote against me. Poets don't need to vote. But on this board and on many others people vote, it gives them the feeling of being righteous. After Einstein's relativity theory papers a hundred German scientists (yeah, exactly 100, a hundred scientists) wrote a pamphlet:"100 scientists against Einstein". To this Einstein responded: if they were right then one would be enough. So keep bluffing and voting instead of thinking.

I have my inertia. I set myself to write about Art of Agreement, so at least I will start it. To do so here at PF&D is most likely another nonsense. But then, my whole view of the world is CHAOS, so this will be another proof of my view :). Also, the inevitable part of CHAOS are flukes. Who knows, there may be someone who will surprise me, who will get something out of my AofA--I don't even have to be aware of it.

I did not reply to you extensively in the other thread about your comment made for On National Debts because I did not have the time and even if I did have I could not be bothered. But I see you are still trying to make your cheap and irrelevant point so you deserve a reply.

First you failed to understand it completely, ie to see that the links provided are an integral structural element of the poem and unless you read the lengthy articles to which those links direct you, you have indeed not read the poem.

therefore
Secondly, One of the poems main aim's was to make people aware of Nazi war crimes in Greece even from a such a dubious source as Wikipedia.
Its other main point was that war compensation is still outstanding. How would you feel about it if Poland had not been paid war compensation?
And still Merkel and her neo fascist party have got the cheek to talk about Greece's debt to them and are not even whiling to re-negotiate the terms of payment. Therefore the poem invites them to come personally to Greece and collect.

Because I knew that the poem may be read by know nothings and idiots like you, I even made it clear in a preceding sentence that it is not directed at ordinary working class German people, but you paid not heed to that. And instead of focusing on the poem's text as it stands you started talking about Turkish atrocities against Greek populations (as if that would make German atrocities look better - I presume you meant the 1922 Smyrna etc holocaust) which has no relation to this particular poem. That is how much you can focus on a given text that you are supposed to be reviewing.
Now as a reader you may also discover at whom it is directed and you may ponder on it for years.

Who knows, some day your brain may start working.
At another site where I published the same poem a reader caught on immediately and he commented about the people at whom the poem is directed that they are indeed the "Fourth Reich" (similar to the third).

So, piss off, once again with all your points of view. As a poet you may be hopeless but as a reviewer you are not existent.
 
Last edited:
[...] see that the links provided are an integral structural element of the poem
These links didn't contribute anything artistically.
unless you read the lengthy articles to which those links direct you, you have indeed not read the poem.
That's not how poetry works, that first you have to read some ad hoc LENGTHY ARTICLES. Actually, I read them, and you got nowhere.
How would you feel about it if Poland had not been paid war compensation?
Poland didn't get any war compensation, zero, and even much worse than zero. Soviet Union robbed Poland during the last stage of WWII, and especially during the years after WWII (starting in 1945) all the way to 1956, Soviet propaganda notwithstanding. Indeed, the Soviet Union (not Germany but Soviet Union) had to pay Poland some retribution for Soviet's robbery (not Germans) for the post-WWII years. The world ruling was the the West Germany was paying to the West. But East Germany didn't pay anything, and they were economically supported by Soviet Union and the East block, to try to compete economically with the West Germany--that's how Soviet propaganda worked.

All this reparation talk makes me sick. I belong to the people who were virtually wiped of the Earth. In other countries or ethnic groups out of any class of 25-30 students (metaphorically speaking "students", while the numbers are as they were) about 1-2 perished during the WWII. In the case of my people, there was only 1 or 2 who survived, and the rest was murdered. Without the "student" metaphor it means directly that the majority of small Jewish towns got wiped off totally, that at the most some non-Jewish people were left there. Of the surviving Jews they were left with almost no family. I was lucky to have just one grandma and both parents. Majority of Jews didn't have even that. The three young women in my family that survived were attractive and successful professionally, in art, etc. But due to the atrocities, due to their traumatic war experience, they never married, they never had children. Two of them died relatively young from cancer.

Among my tiny minority, none ever wanted any reparation, nobody asked for any, nobody got any. It would be disgusting to even consider it. That was my life experience. So now, go pelerino, go after money, the more the better

Therefore the poem invites them to come personally to Greece and collect.
Oh, how wonderful, how wonderfully shameless of you.
Because I knew that the poem may be read by know nothings and idiots like you
This idiot has lasting contributions to science and technology.
I even made it clear in a preceding sentence that it is not directed at ordinary working class German people, but you paid not heed to that.
I did! You did it by introducing this way at least two of your "poems". Pathetic !!!
As a poet you may be hopeless but as a reviewer you are not existent.
The regulars on PD&F in old days had class--now I can appreciate it even better. You show none.
 
Last edited:
I sympathize very much with your story and I am indeed very angry about the Jewish holocaust, and every form of WWII anti-Semitism whether Nazi or Stalinist orientated. But at least after the war Israel as a state made Germany to pay dearly (and not only in money terms), Greece though did not.
So we both have suffered from aggressors. You can choose your way. Mine is that they should pay back. (And not only in money terms).

As for including links to poems, it is a new poetical technique I am currently developing. What would you know about it?
 
EDELTRAUD 3: THE PSYCHOBITCH ==> DISMANTLING BIG TIME => THE AVENUE 3

ATHENS-PATISION AVENUE
WEDNESDAY NOON
4/3/2015

This song is one possible (but actual) sequel to the song quoted in italics.
The song quoted is a very popular rebetiko serenade of the 1930s which you can listen here: MINOR OF THE DOWN.
It is a pure love song with a brilliant bouzouki improvisation and not political by any stretch of the imagination. It serves me well though for a political sequel to it. The story is true and it happened this noon as I was walking the streets of Athens. Comments and criticism are welcome.

MINOR OF THE DAWN: A SEQUEL

"Wake up,
my little one,
and listen,
to a minor of the dawn,
it's written for you
by the crying of a soul…

Open your window,
throw at me a sweet glance,
and let me perish then,
my little one,
in front of your house,
in a corner".


*****

Broken Greek and broken voice,
but there is no other choice
for an immigrant like me,
my accordion I'll manage,
through wild streets and squares savage,
till I drift down to the sea.

I walk slow besieged by hunger,
taking charity and anger,
but I still can play this tune,
to some people it seems moving,
but some others, not approving,
would get rid of me quite soon.

This is minor of the dawn,
so, forgive me, "Golden Dawn",
of Greek tunes that's all I know,
for my Greek I'm kind of sorry,
hunger though it's a true worry,
do I lie? How would you know?​



"Golden Dawn" = The well known extreme right/fascist political party of Greece.
 
WHAT'S TO BE DONE ?

We have no nuclear weapons,
we have no money,
we have no propaganda machine,
and what little we have
they take away from us in taxes,
we are up shit creek without a paddle.

Satellites watching us constantly,
jets passing,
spreading chemistry over our heads,
trying to keep us sedated,
trying to control our weather,
leaving clouds weird behind,
in geometrical shapes!
(I've never seen them before,
I mean, such shapes, such clouds).

Going to the town centre yesterday,
just over two miles from home,
visiting a few shops
and coming back,
I reckoned I've been photographed
over 50 times.
What do they want?
Are they security hysterical
or just voyeurs?


We have only our art (do we?)
but no ideology
or strategy
(gone is that century),
what good is art anyway,
if it cannot be shared
(and it cannot at present)
with human beings?
Fiat currency maybe will change
into gold standard again,
but who is going to benefit by that?
(certainly not me, me thinks).
We're in deep shit…
what's to be done?

(Oh, those human-loving US corporation admirals and generals!
Fancy disobeying Obama!
I'm fucking thrilled, so I am)​
 
Back
Top