The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you approve. ;) I actually wore the red heels and black skirt pictured there to the show last night. While my best friend was amazed that I was wearing such high heels (they're as tall as my smart phone, in it's case), the guys were enjoying the skirt. Even my fella commented on it - "Oh, you're sheer tonight...."

That's pretty high-level vocab for a second language (I'm damn' sure I wouldn't know what the French for "sheer" was without looking it up...). That's some incentivised coaching scheme you have going there, sweetie... :D

That's pretty high-level vocab for a second language (I'm damn' sure I wouldn't know what the French for "sheer" was without looking it up...). That's some incentivised coaching scheme you have going there, sweetie... :D

"Transparent." Which is probably what he actually said. I'm pretty sure it's less my coaching and more the fact that he speaks English all day, every day at work.

Although, speaking of coaching schemes, I'm thinking that I could probably use some big incentives to pick up a couple more accents for my next theatre season. ;)

"Transparent." Which is probably what he actually said. I'm pretty sure it's less my coaching and more the fact that he speaks English all day, every day at work.

Although, speaking of coaching schemes, I'm thinking that I could probably use some big incentives to pick up a couple more accents for my next theatre season. ;)

Thank you <makes a note - you never know when the French for “sheer" might come in handy...>.

Well, if your repertoire requires a Geordie twang at any point, you know where to come... :)

How'd it go last night, btw? The performance, that is. I think we've established your legs went down a storm... Well, not literally... I mean...

OK, shutting up now.

Olaf! A glass of merlot, if you please.

Ahh, thanks, petal. Good elf. Geddit? Good 'ealth...?

Oh, suit yourself, Mr Grumpy...

Olaf! A glass of merlot, if you please.

Ahh, thanks, petal. Good elf. Geddit? Good 'ealth...?

Oh, suit yourself, Mr Grumpy...

If you'd made that joke in Akkadian, I'm sure Olaf would have understood it.

Last edited:
Thank you <makes a note - you never know when the French for “sheer" might come in handy...>.

Well, if your repertoire requires a Geordie twang at any point, you know where to come... :)

How'd it go last night, btw? The performance, that is. I think we've established your legs went down a storm... Well, not literally... I mean...

OK, shutting up now.
I just may take you up on that. :) The two shows I'll be auditioning for next season aren't likely to need anything that far north (one is Private Lives, so...), but it could be fun to be able to wrap my tongue around anyway.

The show last night was extremely well-received. The actors' had great pace and the audience ate it up with a spoon. My legs? Well, they were properly appreciated as well.

Oh, he did give it a good effort. :)

Lazy Saturday. But I'm getting dragged off in a few hours for a '80s movie night. Breakfast Club and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Oh well, at least there will be booze and food. :D

As soon as it stops raining I'll take some pics of the pretty pink flowers outside my apartment.

Oh, he understood it just fine. He's in a huff after I told him off for messing with slyc's drinks all the time. Nothing pissier than an elf in high dudgeon... :rolleyes:

I just may take you up on that. :) The two shows I'll be auditioning for next season aren't likely to need anything that far north (one is Private Lives, so...), but it could be fun to be able to wrap my tongue around anyway.

The show last night was extremely well-received. The actors' had great pace and the audience ate it up with a spoon. My legs? Well, they were properly appreciated as well.

Oh, he did give it a good effort. :)

Well, my RP's passable, I suppose, barring the odd flat vowel. Gotta love Noël Coward... :)

After spending the better part of the day bottling several cases of wine, I could sure use a drink.

Well, my RP's passable, I suppose, barring the odd flat vowel. Gotta love Noël Coward... :)
Sorry, the American in me is popping up. "RP?"

Here are those pretty flower pics. The second picture was taken with the new telephoto.
http://sdrv.ms/11NtJLT
http://sdrv.ms/11NtKPZ
This one is fully zoomed out from where I took the last one to give an idea of the telephoto lens.
http://sdrv.ms/ZUviFY
Lovely shots, john. Nothing quite like a rhododendron in proper bloom. I'm going to have to follow your advice about photo posting and maybe I'll get some nice shots of my garden up.

After spending the better part of the day bottling several cases of wine, I could sure use a drink.
Oh, please, may I have a drink too?

Well drat. How about a good Gewurztraminer?

Actually, I was thinking a good, stiff vodka.

Sorry, the American in me is popping up. "RP?"

Lovely shots, john. Nothing quite like a rhododendron in proper bloom. I'm going to have to follow your advice about photo posting and maybe I'll get some nice shots of my garden up.

Oh, please, may I have a drink too?

I'll save a few bottles for you.

Today I started a batch of white grape/raspberry/peach. It's gonna be great.

Actually, I was thinking a good, stiff vodka.

I'll save a few bottles for you.

Today I started a batch of white grape/raspberry/peach. It's gonna be great.

Ooh, that good, stiff... vodka sounds great.

Interestingly, I picked up a bottle of vanilla-infused vodka today, thinking I'm going to attempt to recreate a drink a bartender designed for me.

That white grape/raspberry/peach concoction sounds wonderful. :)

Ooh, that good, stiff... vodka sounds great.

Interestingly, I picked up a bottle of vanilla-infused vodka today, thinking I'm going to attempt to recreate a drink a bartender designed for me.

That white grape/raspberry/peach concoction sounds wonderful. :)

Yum, I'll have a shot of vodka too. I actually have a bottle of dragonfruit infused vodka.

Yes, please do post more pictures of your legs.....err.....your garden, yeah, garden. :eek::devil:
:rose:

Yum, I'll have a shot of vodka too. I actually have a bottle of dragonfruit infused vodka.

Yes, please do post more pictures of your legs.....err.....your garden, yeah, garden. :eek::devil:
Heh, which... garden... are you thinking of? ;)

Ugh. I've got a meeting at 10am on a Sunday, followed by what will probably be a full day of rehearsal. I'm not finished with the laundry and want to go to bed.

Molly, there's a real cold glass of Finnish vodka on the side there for you.

Sadly, I cannot similarly enjoy one with you.
Bloody Doctors, but I have a burning desire to stay alive a good bit longer.

Anna:
RP. Received Pronunciation, I think.
It's all to do with how you say a word.
It ain't grammar or spelling, it's how it is spoken.

Last edited:
Molly, there's a real cold glass of Finnish vodka on the side there for you.

Sadly, I cannot similarly enjoy one with you.
Bloody Doctors, but I have a burning desire to stay alive a good bit longer.

Anna:
RP. Received Pronunciation, I think.

Thank you, doll. Shall I fix you a nice cup of tea?

Hi guys! Coffee on?

I enjoyed Kinky Boots, HP, especially Puss in Boots :D. One of those puss's in boots is my grandmother, of course. LOL.

Your rhododendrons are out already, John! They look great. I mean, what a fab telephoto lens. How nicely it photographs telescopically. Or something. :)

anna, I do RP (as HP says, it's Received Pronounciation). RP is old BBC and Brief Encounter. RP is the least posh accent I do <snerk>. If I have a few drinks, I start saying "OK, yah!" and getting very plummy.

I shouldn't be in here really, cuz I am in a stinky mood, I should go to Isolated Blurt but I'm too tired. (Multiple apologies, Molly, I could really do with the sympathetic coffee though.) Half an hour into my train journey to West Wales the Fella phoned to say he and Piglet had let the cat run out the house. Then he ignored all my instructions and took Piglet to her music lessons instead of asking another parent to watch Piglet and going home to find the cat. When I got home hours later there was still no cat, although he had been out - to fetch some snacks. He was cross because his football team are doing badly. The breakfast washing up was still waiting for me, but don't worry, guys, he had managed to buy some soup to feed himself and had got me a chocolate croissant for my supper. :rolleyes:

Piglet and I went out and found the cat. (The Fella said: See I told you "she'd be back". My main MILF friend said I should slap him but he can't afford it.) So thank Goodness Lakhi is home now, in fact she's curling her head round my netbook and making it difficult to type! LOL.

Ach, he does have a head cold and I guess I'm being unreasonable expecting a Blade to think like a Mommy type sensibly about cat finding :rolleyes:. I'm so nice I grudgingly offered him a Brahma beer but when he said No, he ought to stay off the booze and get over his head cold, I opened the Hoegaarden I'd also bought and drank the lot. :devil:

I taught elementary for 23 years and some of my students were gang members or gang members' family or wanted to be in a gang. Despite that, most of my experiences were from satisfying to positively joyful. But there were a few . . . :(

I forgot to mention my evaluation of summer schemes in a notoriously difficult area of London, ostensibly designed to provide some additional educational opportunities for kids in the area but actually a 'street clearance programme' to keep them off the pavements. One of these took the kids to a paintball shooting arena :eek:! Considering the estate they lived on, I should think the only life skill they had was of banding together for the purposes of using an offensive weapon.

Anyway, they behaved so badly they were banned.

I had to write that up very carefully, cuz I did want the kids still to get some funding and have stuff to do the next summer, but I couldn't really say that was the most effective scheme around.

*hugs for Duchess*

I'm sorry you're not happy at the moment. :( But I am glad your kitty cat is safe and sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back