The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you're talking! During the convention, we went to a British themed pub called Elephant and Castle. Only have been a couple of times, but I really like it. We have plenty of ultra trendy clubs and dive bars, but very few British-esque pubs in this area. The only other one (which is not really British-esque technically) I can think of is called Paddy Coynes which is an Irish pub. Yes, I know, completely different. But it's the only other place nearby that has that pub feeling.

There's a pint of good English Beer for you.
Meanwhile I'm off to go collect some cadets.

There used to be a pub in Riverside near where I went to college. Best beef sandwiches around and really good beer. Man, I miss that place.

There used to be a pub in Riverside near where I went to college. Best beef sandwiches around and really good beer. Man, I miss that place.

Not far from where I worked, in Wiltshire, was a pub that sold "Courage" Beer.
It wasn't fizzy, it wasn't freezing, and it had large bubbles on the head, not soap suds.

The Publican had had it since the War, and was justifiably proud of his efforts in serving a good beer RIGHT. Then came the accountants, bean counters and PR staff. Fortunately, the Publican, bless 'im, had three of the idiots in the Bar when he asked his regulars what they thought of the idea of a re-decoration.

The result was that the main bar was left alone, save some electrical upgrades, etc.. but the rest of the place was done.
And the builders were very, very conscious of the traditions of the place.

Not far from where I worked, in Wiltshire, was a pub that sold "Courage" Beer.
It wasn't fizzy, it wasn't freezing, and it had large bubbles on the head, not soap suds.

The Publican had had it since the War, and was justifiably proud of his efforts in serving a good beer RIGHT. Then came the accountants, bean counters and PR staff. Fortunately, the Publican, bless 'im, had three of the idiots in the Bar when he asked his regulars what they thought of the idea of a re-decoration.

The result was that the main bar was left alone, save some electrical upgrades, etc.. but the rest of the place was done.
And the builders were very, very conscious of the traditions of the place.

Stephen Crane -

Tradition, thou art for suckling children,
Thou art the enlivening milk for babes;
But no meat for men is in thee.
Then --
But, alas, we all are babes.

Morning HP and the rest of the Nakeds around.

Can't sleep. The feet are bothering me so I'm doing a little writing.

Coffee does sound good. Then I'll run some dishes, do some pots and pans and then get back to my Halloween story. Princess Erin should find it 'twisted and disturbing':D:devil::D.

Glad you like the pics, HP. Steve, doesn't look like my day is any better. :( Looking forward to reading the story, Bear.

I think I'm just going to curl up on the couch in the naked party and fall asleep.

*hugs* Welcome back, Duchess! :D:rose:

Mmm, is it breakfast already?

Sausage with potato patty, baked beans and a fried duck egg! :p

Acksherly now it's just-got-back-from-school-run-time. I'm just putting some coffee before tackling my latest blogpost and then I have to clean the bathroom and the kitchen. Yes, I'm back, from Outer Stepford, to ordinary Stepford :rolleyes:. School's in and so I might get a bit of time to do the cleaning, how exciting.

Cup of coffee with that sausage?

The cat is unwell :(. She was right off her food this morning! :eek: In my house that spells major emergency.

Sausage with potato patty, baked beans and a fried duck egg! :p

Acksherly now it's just-got-back-from-school-run-time. I'm just putting some coffee before tackling my latest blogpost and then I have to clean the bathroom and the kitchen. Yes, I'm back, from Outer Stepford, to ordinary Stepford :rolleyes:. School's in and so I might get a bit of time to do the cleaning, how exciting.

Cup of coffee with that sausage?

The cat is unwell :(. She was right off her food this morning! :eek: In my house that spells major emergency.

LOL, breakfast of champions, huh. :p Yes, a cup of coffee would be wonderful.

The piccies of the cats have been great. Uber cute! Need a little help around the house with all those chores? :devil: Let me put on my jeans.

Sorry to hear about the cat. :( Really hope she gets better. Taking her back into the vet soon?

On a lighter note, my friend talked me into playing Euro Truck Simulator 2. :rolleyes: It's supposed to have an accurate mapping of the major roads and highways in Europe. First challenge, make sure I'm driving on the correct side of the road. :eek:

LOL, breakfast of champions, huh. :p Yes, a cup of coffee would be wonderful.

The piccies of the cats have been great. Uber cute! Need a little help around the house with all those chores? :devil: Let me put on my jeans.

Sorry to hear about the cat. :( Really hope she gets better. Taking her back into the vet soon?

On a lighter note, my friend talked me into playing Euro Truck Simulator 2. :rolleyes: It's supposed to have an accurate mapping of the major roads and highways in Europe. First challenge, make sure I'm driving on the correct side of the road. :eek:

LOL, the kitten is majorly photogenic and keeps posing fluffily around the house.

Poor Lakhi, I have managed to tempt her with some chicken. She is due to go and have her stitches out and an immunisation booster on Friday but if she is still malingering later I will rush her down to the vet today.

Only in Britain do you have to drive on the left, remember! and don't worry dahlink, when you get here I will drive you round. Now that I have figured out the wishy washy wiper thing, I am sure I will soon get the hang of the steering wheel. ;)

Ah, a laundry load has just finished spinning! there's a bit of wind today so I am hanging out all the towels I can lay hands on and push through the wash. Get those buns shaking! :p:nana::p

LOL, the kitten is majorly photogenic and keeps posing fluffily around the house.

Poor Lakhi, I have managed to tempt her with some chicken. She is due to go and have her stitches out and an immunisation booster on Friday but if she is still malingering later I will rush her down to the vet today.

Only in Britain do you have to drive on the left, remember! and don't worry dahlink, when you get here I will drive you round. Now that I have figured out the wishy washy wiper thing, I am sure I will soon get the hang of the steering wheel. ;)

Ah, a laundry load has just finished spinning! there's a bit of wind today so I am hanging out all the towels I can lay hands on and push through the wash. Get those buns shaking! :p:nana::p

Yes M'am! *salutes and shakes buns* :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back