Ephemera of a Part Time Mermaid- Gallery In Progress

WOW!! What a talent you have! Wish I could draw half as well. So glad you shared. Oh, and I like your subject matter as well. Keep this up ... can't wait to see more!

Thank you so much! What do you like to draw? I would love to see! :)
 
Really beautiful erotic art.

Just curious:

1) How long does it take you to make these? Or the harder ones?

2) Why do you make them? Just for fun? Do you post them anywhere?

Hi and thank you kindly! :D

#1. If I'm in the zone, have horror or sci-fi shows playing on Netflix, and have all my oil painting supplies at hand they take about 2 days each. I do longer term paintings as well, but so far most of those are not candy coated erotica. ;) So far, but that is changing!

#2. I make them because I think fetish, sexuality, and BDSM can sometimes use a good sized dose of playfulness. They are cartoonified explorations of my own personal kinks, memories, desires, and fantasies. Also... boobs. I adore painting boobs. *blush* Five? (I think) of the pieces on wood were made for a gallery show. Now I'm going back into elements I did not like, and changing them. My website is down currently, but I'll post here when it is live again.
 
Lengthy babbles...Way back last spring my family and I went to see family in San Diego and then up through Disneyland. We had a freaking blast at Disney, but I ended up smashing my right hand between my wheelchair handrim and a concrete?- Clumsy much? Yeppers.- post and broke several bones in it. The hand has mostly healed but still hurts like a bugger and it has an odd bump in it now. :eek::rolleyes:
Any-flippin'-way I can't draw with a pencil for more than 5 minutes without a great deal of pain. =/ Even writing my own name hurts like hell and my previously nearly illegible scrawl is now totally illegible. lol.
My husband thinks the hand may need surgery. Phooey. The Doc will know for sure though.
This last week I came to terms with not being able to hold a pencil properly and got over my pity party. I've found sketching in oil paint with a little odorless mineral spirits uses my hand in a completely different way, and I can paint for hours at a time! So, while it is trippy to get used to brush instead of pencil, it is an interesting journey.

Was just about to see if I could carve a new one as she's been lost for ages but today I finally found my mermaid stamp!
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • R mermaid.jpg
    R mermaid.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thank you so muchly much! I LOOOOVVVE your cute lil' witch! Will you be doing more Halloween themed pieces?

Thank you.

Well, I'd like to. At least I'll post a couple OLD ones.:)

Such a drag about your hand! Sounds like your attitude is good!
From what I see your work is still strong! (Ever see "my left foot"?... another good example of talent and resilience.:)
 
Last edited:
I'm not much on the creative front unless opinions, crap and enemies count bu thank you for the kind words.

Sorry about the mooshed hand . That sounds extremely unpleasant. I've been rather blessed with a lack of serious injuries throughout life. The worst i've had is a couple of sprains and some nasty bruises almost all of which were my own damn fault for being a bit to convinced of my own immortality.

Well looking forward to seeing more of your work and two days. Wow that's a lot faster than I would have expected especially with color.
 
....

Was just about to see if I could carve a new one as she's been lost for ages but today I finally found my mermaid stamp!
attachment.php

FUN! I noted that on your pieces! Your own "chop"

Waaaaaaay back I made myself one, but it's a bit large for any practical application
and not as cool as yours. (more of a graphic monogram)
 
Oh neat I'll check out your links! I have huge respect for those that can use pen -or keyboard- and make images flow with words!

Oh not only you be allowed, you should be actively encouraged! :D When you were a little boy you probably made art. At some point in early to mid childhood we either get societies blessing in our areas of interest, or discouragement.
I was told I was not good at playing instruments so I've always felt sheepish about trying to learn. Now I'm 40 and being able to play guitar is on my life list ( and has been for years), and I'm finally trying to pick it up.
The child inside you still knows how to create you just have to let him. :)

Well, I appreciate that! And, I'd love to hear any feedback that you have-you can feel free to send a PM about that, since this thread is meant to be about your art. :)

Congrats on picking up the guitar at this point in your life. I'd love to do the same, but, given that I feel like my hand-eye coordination is getting worse as I age, I'm skeptical. I'd be curious to hear how it's going for you as you progress.
 
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php



Bravo -- I especially liked these sketches. I am jealous -- I am utterly devoid of such talents. Keep on sharing. :)
 

Oh it's a carving. I still might have to see if I've got enough frequent dimension miles to have you banished to a dark dimension for that but I thought at first glance you had managed that with peanut butter n jelly. And I was going to personally summon a comet to destroy whatever planet you were inhabiting.
 
Amazing skills and details. Do you draw it freehand as you go, or sketch out the majority and then do the detail work? Either way is amazing to me, I barely have the artistic skill to draw a stick figure, lol.
 
Thanks for the invitation to see your works! They are very creative and some suggestive! And thanks for your comments on my avatar! Go Hawks!
 
Wonderful Stuff

I really love the composition of your work. Lovely ideas and execution of the concept. Very fun!
 
I am no "trained critic" but an appreciative observer. So, my comments are that (1) it appears that you are versatile, not stuck in a rut with the same approach to a subject, (2) have strong sketching skills and (3) know how to reflect eroticism, which, like comedy, is something difficult to convey, if not more so. This is art worthy of commercial effort/sale in my opinion and would find an audience beyond here. I wish I had your skill and talent! Go, girl! I could say more, but that would be only to make me sound more important than I can possibly claim in this context,
 
Lengthy babbles...Way back last spring my family and I went to see family in San Diego and then up through Disneyland. We had a freaking blast at Disney, but I ended up smashing my right hand between my wheelchair handrim and a concrete?- Clumsy much? Yeppers.- post and broke several bones in it. The hand has mostly healed but still hurts like a bugger and it has an odd bump in it now. :eek::rolleyes:
Any-flippin'-way I can't draw with a pencil for more than 5 minutes without a great deal of pain. =/ Even writing my own name hurts like hell and my previously nearly illegible scrawl is now totally illegible. lol.
My husband thinks the hand may need surgery. Phooey. The Doc will know for sure though.
This last week I came to terms with not being able to hold a pencil properly and got over my pity party. I've found sketching in oil paint with a little odorless mineral spirits uses my hand in a completely different way, and I can paint for hours at a time! So, while it is trippy to get used to brush instead of pencil, it is an interesting journey.

Was just about to see if I could carve a new one as she's been lost for ages but today I finally found my mermaid stamp!
attachment.php
[Commented deleted at member's request]
 
Last edited:
I'll be posting newer paintings soon, but for now this is my history. *blush*
attachment.php

attachment.php

These are very nice! I really like the jawbreaker too... I see that you are painting over the jawbreaker now, so Ill wish you the best of luck and wait to see how it turns out. :rose:
 
Hi, I really liked all the art you displayed. It's very playful, and sensual without being vulgar. The last one with the young lady with the pretty red hair in her Elizabethan-era clothing being accosted by the "horny" werewolf is amazingly detailed. Also, the young lady you sketched looks about done-in from exertion, the heat of summer, or both. Thank you for sharing them, they are fantastic.
 
an update/progress on Jawbreaker? some new (or old, not yet posted) drawings?
 
Back
Top