How to Get Rid of Your Gag Reflex--Deep Throating 101

An exceedingly patient boyfriend in college taught me how to do this. Thus, no need to ruin fruit, although your desciption is so good and should be helpful. The hanging my head over the edge of the bed was the most useful part of the teaching process.

I would find it hard to believe that most men wouldn't be willing to spend as much time as it takes to teach a girl how to do this. It is, er . . . satisfying for all involved. And the taking alot of time to learn, that is pretty darn good too.
 
An exceedingly patient boyfriend in college taught me how to do this. Thus, no need to ruin fruit, although your desciption is so good and should be helpful. The hanging my head over the edge of the bed was the most useful part of the teaching process.

I would find it hard to believe that most men wouldn't be willing to spend as much time as it takes to teach a girl how to do this. It is, er . . . satisfying for all involved. And the taking alot of time to learn, that is pretty darn good too.

I think I could be patient enough :) I think lots of guys would ... especially if it's presented as "I want to learn to deep throat, will you help me practice?"
 
Deep-Throat Tuition

One of the sexual things I've done that I'm most proud of is getting rid of my gag reflex. I mentioned this in a few of my posts here on Lit, and I have gotten a few messages from some of the other ladies (and a couple guys) asking exactly how to do it, so I decided to make a little how-to.

In high school, I got the chance to hook up with a guy I had wanted to get with for a really long time. We snuck off to a bedroom alone and started fooling around. After I started sucking his dick, he told me he wanted to go down "all the way." Now, this guy ended up having one of the biggest dicks I've ever seen, even 10 years later, but I didn't know that it was larger than average at the time. I tried a few times to get it down my throat, but just couldn't, kept choking, gagging, etc. I just couldn't swallow a dick that big all the way. I finished sucking him off, and he acted like he was into it, but I heard from one of my girlfriends that he was going around school saying that I didn't know how to give a good blowjob, which I wasn't going to stand for.

So over the course of about a month and a half, I practiced and practiced every day, and figured out how to control my gag reflex.

Essentially I just put something down my throat and held it there as long as I could, figuring out what muscles I had to focus on to keep from gagging. I tried a few different things, including a carrot, my vibrator and a bottle of hair gel, but really the best thing I found was one of the most obvious: bananas.

Peeled bananas work best for several reasons. First, the texture of a banana is much closer to the feeling of a real guys' dick than a carrot or a vibrator, and a banana can show you when your teeth have mistakenly gotten into the mix, which a plastic vibrator can't. Bananas are also curved, like most guys' dicks. And finally, possibly most important: they come in lots of different shapes and sizes.

I started with shorter, thinner bananas, and just worked my way up to long, thick ones.

When i first started i did this in a mirror, because watching yourself also helps you get better control.

1) Start with your peeled banana, and open your mouth as wide as possible.

If you want you can just lick/suck the banana for a few seconds to get it slippery. Not essential though.

2) Just ease the banana down towards your throat slowly, and if you start to gag, just pull it out and try again. But pay attention to what it actually FEELS like when you gag--don't just try and ignore the sensation. You want to know what muscles you need to think about.

Try and relax your neck/throat as much as possible.

Use a little bit of an in-out rhythm, maybe on a count of two seconds, so its IN (1 second) out (2nd second).

After a few days of practice, you'll find you can actually begin to hold back or at least delay when you gag, and you'll be able to push it past your uvula/tonsils. If you haven't done it, having something pressing against the very back of your throat DOES feel strange, and may make you gag again, but just keep fighting it.

3) Keep this up, and you'll find after a week or two that you can put the banana farther and farther down and pull it back out with less and less gagging.

4) After you can stand the feeling of the banana just going down past your tonsils, what you need to do is start pushing it in and holding it down there. Basically you want to practice just having something that big in your mouth/throat for a long period of time. Remember, you aren't getting RID of your gag reflex, you're learning to control it, to hold it back.

Take the banana and ease it all the way in, but instead of pulling it out, see how long you can leave it there. The first couple times it will be a strange sight to see a banana almost disappear completely down your throat, then reappear again, but it is definitely worth it...

After about a month of practice like this, I could just sit for a minute or more with almost the entire banana down my throat.

ALSO: I went through a period where I could get the banana really far down my throat, but my gag reflex just kept "firing." What I did was just shove the banana down and let my throat contract, contract, contract, but left the banana in. This was REALLY helpful in gaining full control over the muscles down there. Again, you want to feel what's contracting, so you can learn how to hold it back.

5) After you can do step 4 easily, start working on bigger bananas. It is up to you if you want to try and increase the girth/length (or both...) that you put down--either one will help you when you're in the heat of it...

Just keep practicing/increasing the size as big as you can/care to.

6) Practice on some real dicks.

So, there it is, simple, straightforward, but apparently not a lot of people think to do this. Now I can deep throat a 9 inch cock with no problems, much to the glee of whomever is on the receiving end. For some reason guys just like seeing a girl's lips all the way down at the base of their dick...

Hope this was helpful! If anyone else has any other tips/anecdotes, please feel free to share! Happy deep throating!

To learn Deep-Throat all you need is one kind patient master. I was fortunate in this respect, as a confused and mixed-up early-twenties guy unsure of my sexual orientation I was lucky enough to encounter an older (married) guy who helped me out. It was he who knew my needs better than I know myself, and allowed me to see clearly my natural need to be a submissive cock-sucker, he patiently coaxed and encouraged me through all those early sessions as I choked and spluttered on his big beautiful erection, embarrassed and self-conscious by the obvious inadequacy of my technique. I was eager and enthusiastic to learn, crouched naked there with his cock in my mouth, sucking and sucking at it, taking it a little deeper, learning how to take the sudden flood of spunk that filled my mouth, swallow and keep sucking. Later he took me further into face-fucking and deep-throating, by then I'd benefitted from his tuition and gratefully accepted more. Once our relationship was at an end, after a brief panicky period of isolation, I met another guy who took my sentimental education further, into anal, serving other men, light bondage and cross-dressing for his pleasure. I am grateful to both of them, and will continue to derive pleasure and satisfaction from their gifts in future relationships with new men in new situations...
 
I have never sucked a cock, I am much more into getting mine sucked, but I may have some help for the ones anyone who want to deep throat.

My wife had to help nurse her mother through her last days. Her niece, a RN, also helped a lot. Any way her mom has some cough medicines for her cough called Benzonatate. The nurse said the hookers would come complaining of a cough and asked for the yellow pills (Benzonatate) the nurses quickly learned the pills contained Novacane and if the girls sucked on them instead of swallowing them whole as they were supposed to, the novacane would numb their throats and they could easily deep throat their johns and make a lot more money.

When wife came home she brought me a few of the extra cough pills since I was bothered by a cough. They worked fine for my cough and since I do not suck a cock I am posting this for those of you who do.

I am not making any judgements here about who does what to whom, just posting what I hope is helpful for those who are interested.
 
well it's not my throat that is the problem..it's the sides of my tongue that if touched makes me gag..oh and too much too soon,,that doesn't help either.. and a banana won't work..i'm allergic to them..so what do i do?
 
well it's not my throat that is the problem..it's the sides of my tongue that if touched makes me gag..oh and too much too soon,,that doesn't help either.. and a banana won't work..i'm allergic to them..so what do i do?

I have the sides of the tongue sensitivity too, or did. I desensitized slowly over time by running my toothbrush over the areas when I was brushing my teeth. Didn't take long to desensitize, a few weeks. It never went away totally, but is totally mild now. Hope that helps :)
 
Mother knows best

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this fact here, since it's been covered in some other threads on this same subject, but one of the best - and nicest - cures for the gag reflex is a little Mother before the fact.
Yep, just try a pipe before you pipe. The other benefits, where sex is concerned are of course too numerous to mention, but that's been covered elsewhere as well.
Just do a little weed before the deed. Fast, easy, effective. And the orgasms will roll your eyes back.
 
And I know for a fact that some guys simply want to see me gag. I like to think that I can take larger ones but if that's what moves his needle I can gag all over it too.
 
And I know for a fact that some guys simply want to see me gag. I like to think that I can take larger ones but if that's what moves his needle I can gag all over it too.


Don't get me wrong, gagging, coughing, 'choking' at the right time is all a part of the show, and I use it accordingly, but when someone want's to straight up pound your throat like its a pussy or an ass, you better be able to step up.

Just saying, in my experience, its best to be able to do both.
 
I don't think deepthroating is for me. I can't even brush my tongue without gagging.
 
My partner spent some time trying, and I like to think I was patient and not at all pushy. She has now officially given up. I don't know why the sudden change of heart but she has no interest.

Any ideas about how to get her interested in trying to deep-throat again?
 
Relax your throat mentally. I think it is usually anxiety
 
Anyone have any ideas for being able to open your jaw wider?

Whenever I go to the dentist, he/she always tries to make me open wider, but I can't seem to, and if I try to force it, it starts clicking/cracking.
 
Fantastically helpful! I've really been wanting to work on being able to take more and deeper, but wasn't really sure where to start. All of these replies are great to read as well! Definitely picked up some tips I'll be trying out :)
 
There's a program on Netflix, "Freakshow" about oddball performers of various types. In the second episode, the guy's daughter (who is surely 18 at least) decides to learn how to swallow a sword. She practices with a coat hanger until she's ready to use a sword. Not sure if it's good help, but maybe?
 
wow

To learn Deep-Throat all you need is one kind patient master. I was fortunate in this respect, as a confused and mixed-up early-twenties guy unsure of my sexual orientation I was lucky enough to encounter an older (married) guy who helped me out. It was he who knew my needs better than I know myself, and allowed me to see clearly my natural need to be a submissive cock-sucker, he patiently coaxed and encouraged me through all those early sessions as I choked and spluttered on his big beautiful erection, embarrassed and self-conscious by the obvious inadequacy of my technique. I was eager and enthusiastic to learn, crouched naked there with his cock in my mouth, sucking and sucking at it, taking it a little deeper, learning how to take the sudden flood of spunk that filled my mouth, swallow and keep sucking. Later he took me further into face-fucking and deep-throating, by then I'd benefitted from his tuition and gratefully accepted more. Once our relationship was at an end, after a brief panicky period of isolation, I met another guy who took my sentimental education further, into anal, serving other men, light bondage and cross-dressing for his pleasure. I am grateful to both of them, and will continue to derive pleasure and satisfaction from their gifts in future relationships with new men in new situations...

Simply awesome Trystan. So glad things worked out for you.
 
An exceedingly patient boyfriend in college taught me how to do this. Thus, no need to ruin fruit, although your desciption is so good and should be helpful. The hanging my head over the edge of the bed was the most useful part of the teaching process.

I would find it hard to believe that most men wouldn't be willing to spend as much time as it takes to teach a girl how to do this. It is, er . . . satisfying for all involved. And the taking alot of time to learn, that is pretty darn good too.

Yeah, I didn't use a banana at all either... I wanted to practice on the real thing and hubs wouldn't have it any other way! He's willing to let me practice as much as I want....last night I tried a few things that almost made him explode in my mouth...but this selfish lil' girl had a need greater than that and a different ending in mind....
 
I write for a sex toy website among others, and I've seen a spray for this. A numbing spray, they have one for asses too. When you write descriptions of products by the hundreds, you see some weird stuff you never even knew existed. Good luck. No exercise required, just a shot in the throat of that numbing stuff. Never used it, just saw it and wrote about it, so I know it exists if you look on sex toy shops online.
 
I always wondered how that was done. I saw it a few times while watching porn videos and was amazed that the girls were able to do that. Not sure I'm ready to try it yet but at least now I know how.
 
I pride myself in the art of Fellatio!...and when I say "art" I mean...there are certain techniques that are necessary to preform to assure a satisfied recipient!... In other words ...It's not just a matter of opening your mouth and sticking in a cock...There's a philosophy regarding it... (Philosophy) the critical study of the basic principles and concepts of a discipline..I was taught TO" give head" by a very patient..caring ... 9.5 inch man!...He taught me the importance of the meaning behind...Slow and study wins the race...Many paths lead to the same destination..But, going at it like Vin Diesl..fEast and Furious....isn't what it takes...the end doesn't justify the means...now, or course there's always expectations to every rule...and, we are talking about a highly personal...individualized event...Here's my technique...
my tongue slowly encircled my mouth...wetting my full... heart shaped lips...my eyes look deep into yours eyes...and with a raise of an eye brow...I reach for your belt buckle... pulling you close to me...your standing between my parted legs... towering over me,... your hands gently pat the top of my head while my eyes ...ask, in their silent language ...the question... I already know the answer to... "YES...KEEP GOING..." your fingers grab and entwine themselves in my long...thick red hair...you pull my head towards your body..I can feel the heat from your throbbing cock as it hardens in anticipation... my mouth opens..as my head tilts back...my tongue reaches out to lick the tiny droplets of your sweet precum off the tip of your now fully engorged cock..my hands gently cup your balls...cradling them...while kissing them...I hear a deep moan of pleasure come from your throat...my pussy now..wet and aching ... tingles at the sound of your pleasure...my eyes...the windows to my soul...are now... turn inward and closing off to the world around me ...the only thing I feel.. . the only thing on my mind at that moment, is your stiff ...hard... cock filling my mouth... know I want to swallow it down my throat...feel the fullness , but in order to enjoy that sensation... I must think to myself I have to relax...relax my jaw...relax my lips... at this point I’m very aroused...in order to experience the full erotic effect i must tilt my head back...in order to open my air ways...and get past the gag reflex...and once that's achieved...my eyes find yours...i can tell your enjoying ...by the way you react... you're loving the feeling of my tongue swirling around your shaft...but the best is still to come...I swallow your cock and nuzzle my nose to your balls...I kiss them while my tongue and throat work together...sucking and swallowing...sucking ..and then feel it welling up..your hips in sync with my mouth...your hands, on the back of my head , push your cock in deeper down my throat...your fucking my mouth...i feel your body stiffen...mmmi your cumming...your pumping your hot sweet cum down my throat...I swallow over and over still moving my tongue... swallowing every drop...and kissing and licking you until your body slow down...I look up at you ...and the smile on your face tells me all I need to know... your going to sleep like a baby tonight!...
 
Back
Top