New Michigan Roll Call!

It is indeed (finally) a nice seasonal, fall day and time to start seriously thinking fall color trips.

It is indeed (finally) a nice seasonal, fall day and time to start seriously thinking fall color trips.

yup.

As kooky as it sounds, I miss having the street leaf pick-ups. We used to rake our leaves into the street and the street cleaner would come by on a schedule and move them to an intersection where the front end loaders would come and put the mountain of leaves into dump trucks to be hauled off.

Now...mow mulching and/or bagging... oh well. The city still picks up the compost bags, but there was something about those huge piles of leaves that I liked.

(it sounds like she is out of the shower now...)

Oh I agree my town still allow leaves in the gutters, I am always tempted to drive thru them to watch them scatter and fly behind the car, and love to walk thru the pile of leaves on the sidewalk and kick at them as I walk, the sound of dry leaves crunching under my feet, just mellows me out.🤗

Holding on while we can!

Did you pick any apples today, INeedLove? I still want some cider mill donuts!

Sorry--it's been a crazy week so I haven't been on Lit. No, I haven't been apple picking. We're hard core wait until the first frost kind of people. LOL. But a coworker brought in some cider mill donuts. I ate a half. Mmm. Have you had yours yet???

A half of donut! omg, I would have no will power to resist a cider mill donut, could not stop at a little half. ☺

Hmm... lets see six halfs equal..umm ...three doughnuts! Sounds doable! Is any one else dreading that first time the furnace kicks on? That's when summer over for me🙂 and this fall I have to buy a new furnace last winter it barely worked, oh the joy of home ownership!

I know I'm dreading the first time to turn on the furnace.
I've heard conflicting winter forecasts for Michigan but the one I heard most often is a cold and snowy Jan/Feb. If so, the hot humid days this past summer might not have been so bad after all.

Is any one else dreading that first time the furnace kicks on? That's when summer over for me🙂 and this fall I have to buy a new furnace last winter it barely worked, oh the joy of home ownership!

Had to turn mine on for a few a couple of mornings, only turn it on for a few hours. But yes, it does feel like the end of the season at this point.

Got to Dick Blick (they pretty much just use "Blick")
and spent "too much":D

tried out Vinsetta's Garage for lunch. That was pretty good, fun Auto-shop theme. food was tasty and big portion, a bit pricey, but not too outrageous.

Went to relocate the mystery bakery. I was able to "triangulate" the place from my memory. Turns out it was on Southfield. BAke Staion Bakery, yep, in a strip mall... and... GRRRrRrrRR.. Closed Saturdays.

Also walked downtown Birmingham. Hadn't been there in quite a while. Not "run down", just not as interesting as it has been in the past. A handful of stores that were worth popping into.

The Weather was wonderful.

that's it.:)

Throbbs, did you try the cheesecake? The rock n rye ice cream and pop rocks are a must whenever we pop in with the kiddos.

Throbbs, did you try the cheesecake? The rock n rye ice cream and pop rocks are a must whenever we pop in with the kiddos.

Got the Rock-n-rye and the "cherry turnovers"... deep fried cherry things (Hot Pockets) :)

Got the Rock-n-rye and the "cherry turnovers"... deep fried cherry things (Hot Pockets) :)

Mickey D's used to have cherry pies umm so good, I would dip them in my vanilla shake lol. Now I count calories and sugar, fat, salt crabs, is it organic, peanut free, imitation dye free, free trade? Gluten free? GMO free? I miss when food was fun and made to enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mickey D's used to have cherry pies umm so good, I would dip them in my vanilla shake lol. Now I count calories and sugar, fat, salt crabs, is it organic, peanut free, imitation dye free, free trade? Gluten free? GMO free? I miss when food was fun and made to enjoy!
So are you saying I should be concerned about the Sausage McMuffin and hash brown I just had? :eek:

I recently introduced a coworker to rock-n-rye. She was scared at first, but loved it after first sip. Faygo cherry popped!

FaygoRye.jpg

So did anyone watched ABC show Desenatid Survivor? Last night, portrayed the Republican Governor of Michigan as someone willing to disobey the constitution, denies the civil rights of our citizens, use the police of Dearborn and Michigan state police to do so.
Then when confronted by the President is a dick to him, of course he backs downs, like any other bully.
Does anyone else have a problem with this blanton gross characteristics of a conservative ,anyone else's thoughts on this? Just playing devils avocite here, so do not attack the messager!:)

Faygo is moving their warehouse over by the shop. I really hope they have a small store front to buy product for us shop rats. Better Made chips on Gratiot still has their counter for walkin's

So did anyone watched ABC show Desenatid Survivor? Last night, portrayed the Republican Governor of Michigan as someone willing to disobey the constitution, denies the civil rights of our citizens, use the police of Dearborn and Michigan state police to do so.
Then when confronted by the President is a dick to him, of course he backs downs, like any other bully.
Does anyone else have a problem with this blanton gross characteristics of a conservative ,anyone else's thoughts on this? Just playing devils avocite here, so do not attack the messager!:)

Governor Snyder is a dick.
No problem when it is highlighted.

Faygo is moving their warehouse over by the shop. I really hope they have a small store front to buy product for us shop rats. Better Made chips on Gratiot still has their counter for walkin's

Faygo really needs a gift shop with cool shirts, vintage signs and sweet goddam coasters. There is a cool Michigan Shop at Somerset Mall that has really awesome products like that.

Faygo really needs a gift shop with cool shirts, vintage signs and sweet goddam coasters. There is a cool Michigan Shop at Somerset Mall that has really awesome products like that.

Fer real!

And bust out the "what flavors have you got?"

I have an old wood Fargo crate. Not sure if it's worth anything but yea, it's pretty cool

I have an old wood Fargo crate. Not sure if it's worth anything but yea, it's pretty cool

I am not sure how much those would go for, but its a cool think worth holding onto for a little while.

While we are at it, I would also be a huge fan of Vernors memorabilia... c'mon now Dr Pepper/Snapple Group!

Did everyone recover from the rain yesterday? I heard several people got flooded out.

Back