Domme vs. Dom

dominantqueen

Virgin
Ladies and Gentlemen, please use the correct terms when posting. A Domme is a female dominant, a Dom is a male dominant. At least it was last time I checked!

People can use what they want. Dom can be male or female. Being female doesn't automatically default to domme.

I really do not understand why this is worth posting this thread. Labels are personal and meaningful within a relationship, to the partners who choose them. Why would someone else's label for their partner bother you this much?

I really do not understand why this is worth posting this thread. Labels are personal and meaningful within a relationship, to the partners who choose them. Why would someone else's label for their partner bother you this much?

If you check the OP's post most of them are in the BDSM Personals, so chances are someone wasn't being "Respectful"

OP, if this is how you truly feel then your user name is not to your own standards. It should be, according to your theory "DommeQueen"

I think it's adorable that the OP imagines anyone else gives a flying fuck about her chosen nomenclature. Bless her cottons!

The OP didn't say anything about what people in a relationship call each other.

She said please use the correct label "when posting". Makes sense to me. If I'm looking to connect with a male dominant, but put "Want to submit to a Domme" as the title of my personal ad, then I'm (a) likely going to be wasting some peoples' time, and (b) possibly ignored by the very person I might have made a great connection with. If the content of the ad doesn't correct the impression one gets from the title, and someone takes the time to compose a well-thought out introductory reply, then you have really wasted that person's time.

She said please use the correct label "when posting". Makes sense to me. If I'm looking to connect with a male dominant, but put "Want to submit to a Domme" as the title of my personal ad, then I'm (a) likely going to be wasting some peoples' time, and (b) possibly ignored by the very person I might have made a great connection with. If the content of the ad doesn't correct the impression one gets from the title, and someone takes the time to compose a well-thought out introductory reply, then you have really wasted that person's time.

I know this may be hard to understand, but 'posting' does not equal 'posting a personal ad'. Why should people discussing these issues anywhere on this site have to adhere to this person's standards?

Groan....

I was making a very valid point, read my post again. If a man or a woman is looking for a female dominant he/she should use the word Domme. If a man or a woman is looking for a male dominant, he/she should use the word Dom. It's just a way of clarifying the gender of the dominant. The world is confusing enough as it is, don't ya think....

Had two wonderful holidays this year. Fishing in the Dom, fresh caught salmon is just so tasty. Then later I went walking in the Dordogne using Domme as a base. The fortified Porte de Tours is very impressive as are the Grottes de Domme. Whilst in the caves I meditated on how hateful I find abbreviations, lazy terms like Dom. and Domme. and what a rich word Dominatrix is, how it simply rolls around the tongue, sounding so eloquent and decadent.

People can use what they want.

Yes, but this doesn't necessarily make tables.

It just confuses squirrels, when you start using wrong hyphens.

In the bobblehead, you cook love but paper.

The interesting thing about this is that both 'Dom' and 'Domme' are pronounced the SAME. I believe what the OP is doing is simply trying to have people clarify whether they're referring to a Dominant of the female persuasion or the male persuasion in this method of communication we refer to as the WRITTEN word. Nothing wrong with that sentiment in the least, and I for one, applaud it.

I personally use Domme/Dom appropriately online in the written medium, then often revert to 'Master' or 'Mistress' when speaking offline to match the gender/sex of the individual as they prefer.

The interesting thing about this is that both 'Dom' and 'Domme' are pronounced the SAME...

I've always heard "domme" being pronounced as "dom-may."

I think in terms of the written sense that "dominant" can refer to both male or female while "domme" is strictly feminine, and the abbreviated term "dom" usually denotes the male.

Yes, but this doesn't necessarily make tables.

It just confuses squirrels, when you start using wrong hyphens.

In the bobblehead, you cook love but paper.

While I race to see others demand specific geometry, I do understand who you're inferring.

I think these clarify Dom and Domme her

tumblr_nc3l93oMCq1sb7mc9o1_500.gif

tumblr_nr3w04nxai1tty69ko1_1280.jpg

I've always heard "domme" being pronounced as "dom-may."

I think in terms of the written sense that "dominant" can refer to both male or female while "domme" is strictly feminine, and the abbreviated term "dom" usually denotes the male.

I have heard that as well however, it's properly pronounced as Dom...same as Somme in France.

People can continue having this argument over semantics, which they will, of course, as it's been going on forever. I would highly encourage the use of PYL/pyl to circumvent this. Then, when getting to know someone, the folks could specify how they identify. Just my 2 cents.

I believe what the OP is doing is simply trying to have people clarify whether they're referring to a Dominant of the female persuasion or the male persuasion in this method of communication we refer to as the WRITTEN word. Nothing wrong with that sentiment in the least, and I for one, applaud it.

Thank you, luv! You seem to be the only person here who understands what I was saying. [groan]

Last edited:
Back