A Picture is Worth a Thousand FAWCs

I say steam ahead on the plan and what shows up shows up. I won't be going with putting the existing stories in mothballs for some future eventuality. I'll go ahead and post mine with a link back to the photo posted to the forum if the exercise is put on hold. Meeting a deadline is part of the exercise.
 
A few more stories would probably do it. I don't like the idea of putting FAWC on hold, either. I think, however, that the next one would benefit from better timing and organization on my part.
 
A few more stories would probably do it. I don't like the idea of putting FAWC on hold, either. I think, however, that the next one would benefit from better timing and organization on my part.

The timing is fine, the organization is fine.
 
I think your planning and organization are fine, too! I'll have mine in, too, but it will be at the last minute, as well. :rolleyes:
 
I didn't mean to post something that might have read like an ultimatum. That wasn't my intention. Obviously, the turnout this time around has been light, and I think that is mainly because this FAWC was wedged between two of the most popular contests. I'm personally feeling the impetus to finish this story so I can get on to the Winter Holidays contest.

We'll keep on as originally scheduled. ;)
 
I'm still going to try. I just always find things eating up any time I may have to write. Kind of like literary langoliers.
 
I'm still going to try. I just always find things eating up any time I may have to write. Kind of like literary langoliers.

I know how you feel. There's laundry, housecleaning, yard work, the pets, the kidlet when she gets home from school, then class tonight . . . .

I never thought I'd ever be so . . . domestic. :p
 
I know how you feel. There's laundry, housecleaning, yard work, the pets, the kidlet when she gets home from school, then class tonight . . . .

I never thought I'd ever be so . . . domestic. :p

*chuckle*
 
I know how you feel. There's laundry, housecleaning, yard work, the pets, the kidlet when she gets home from school, then class tonight . . . .

I never thought I'd ever be so . . . domestic. :p

Somehow I'm getting away with sitting on the couch reading PennLady's Rhythm and the Blue Line while hubby does the diorama with my daughter.
 
I am struggling to meet the deadline when is it due again... lol

Edited:

I just checked the first post, I am not going to make it sorry I leave in less than 24 hours for the Nano writers retreat and while i might get it finished at the retreat (Its very much like the photo), there is no way to post it by then - I will be on an small island with bad reception, here:

ArialFront.jpg


So sorry Slyc. Good luck to everyone though I wish I had have been more organised and less busy over the last two weeks. :heart:
 
Last edited:
No worries. I never thought, when I started FAWC, that it would ever get a stellar response. I was quite impressed with the attention the first few earned. I've now come to see that not every challenge will be as roundly received, but that won't dissuade future FAWCs. As with any writing challenge, there will be highs and lows.

;)
 
We now have six stories submitted for FAWC 3, with at least one more on the way. This may be a small turnout, but I'm looking forward to seeing the results.
 
That's me! I'm scrambling to finish! Slyc, look for my story at 11:59 tomorrow night! :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top