Sexual journeys and some questions

Bumping Noor's thread and answering another round of questions. . .

Noor said:
Has your choice in partners changed and if so, how?
Do you subscription to or identify with a certain lifestyle, do you self define or float between some?

Remember my experience as far as changing partners is mainly focused on online relationships. As from the past questions I've answered we all know I have been married to the same man for 18 1/2 years and there was a brief time when I crossed the line of adultery - for those who wish to judge me - there's the door, please allow it to hit you on the way out.

My choice in online partners has changed since discovery of chat rooms and cybering. In the beginning I was very "free" with my attentions. I moved swiftly from cybering to phone and I enjoyed those moments, but soon like all things do when one over-indulgences I began to realize that I didn't really like how I was feeling. . . very used and dirty. It didn't take long to realize this - probably less than a couple months if even that. Either way my feelings began to matter and the rush for a quickie was no longer the highlight of my day. I wanted to feel like I was connected to the person on the phone or on the other side of the screen, even if they were bullshitting me... I didn't care, I wanted to FEEL as if I was important to them.

I began to really take the time to talk to men and focus on what there was about them that made me stop and take notice, or what was it about them that made me run and hide, hoping to never hear from them again. I became selective and picky and no longer did I feel it was my job to entertain a man, but I felt it was a mutual thing. A give and take relationship, even if it was for just a fun time on the computer or a fun time on the phone. I wanted to enjoy it at a deeper level than a fuck-job. I stopped accepting every offer - started chatting with men who formed more than two sentences when they talked to me and I began to demand respect both on the boards as well as off.

As I changed and conversed with various others, I saw a side to me that appeared submissive. I explored that with a friend who was also new and over the course of a year, I learned a lot about my desire to submit sexually and I also found out what I did not ever want to "play" with again --- a man new to a D/s relationship. Two "newbies" should never team up and learn without guidance from another couple. As he became more dominant, I gave up a large part of myself - it took time to realize that the mind games he played were tearing me up and doing damage that would take a long time to recover from. The experience also is what led me to "pause" before playing with a much younger man than I.

The online years that followed was not full with a lot of cybering or phoning. I just lost the desire to give so much of myself to someone after a few failed attempts of looking for a new Dom. I poured a lot of myself into writing and just making friends, occasionally flirting, but nothing really went further than that.

The spouse and I at this point were on a roller-coaster in regards to our marriage. I was living my "year" of doing things that I know I shouldn't have been doing. During that year I never got to truly experience D/s - then again how could I explain the marks it may have left on me? I couldn't have. Each one of those experiences were with men I trusted and each one fed the part of me that needed fed at that time in my life. All three were very similar men too. All knew my situation and the reality of my life. I gave and took, they took and gave.

I disappeared from Lit., came back and began writing - disappeared again, came back again. This time I am much more aware of my place here online and my place in my house. I have a stronger backbone in reality than I ever have before and online - I feel like the matron of the boards sometimes. The old woman people come for when they seek advice. The woman men don't approach without wearing protective armor. It's okay though, I don't mind.

I'm still selective - probably more so than before. I identify with a submissive - but one that refuses to bow to just any man. The man I bow before is a man that knows all of me and embraces all of me. He sees "Red" and he sees "Dee Dee" and he wants both of them - not one over the other. He allows me to be me without changing me. He guides and protects. He will reel me in when I've crossed the line. He will "lurk" and watch over me, hold me accountable for my actions, and yet he won't belittle me if I screw up. He won't ignore me as punishment - that's a mind game I can't handle and I will not allow (see --- even a submissive comes with rules). ;)
 
You certainly had a very eventful life so far. I won't comment on your situation because I think it's too personal and anyway I don't think I'm capable to understand what you're going through... but your questions are very interesting, so I'll give you my points of view on them

How has your view and experience of sex changed over the course of your sexual lifetime?
Since I'm 43 and I've started being sexually active when I was 16, saying that it changed a lot could be a little too obvious... but that would be assuming everyone's life follows the same logic, which I feel really stupid saying to you after what I read about your life. But yes, sex had changed for me, in so many ways that again it fails to fall into a standard logic.

At the beginning sex was just an urge, an uncontrollable force that drove me to reach the climax as soon and as intense as possible. This was when I was 16. Then I went to a period of dry spell, until I was 19, where a girl 16 years old taught me most of what I today know about sex. I learned to feel it not only physically, but mentally, too. The brain, where the full power of sex can be tasted and enjoyed.

From there I went into a wild journey where I got to fulfill almost every fantasy I had, some of then to my own detriment, until I met my wife to be. For about year I had the best sex EVER in my life, going places incredibly mind blowing on the mental level.. and then she just lost the desire (as far as I know. I'm not going to get into details, this is your thread, your life story :)) and since then, almost 15 years ago, sex for me is just something we pretend to do about once a year.

What, if anything, were you into once and are not now, or totally not into that intrigue you today?
Sex with an agenda. I'm still intrigued about infidelity and why that is such a powerful engine for a lot of people... not only cheating on partners but also that scary dark pleasure a lot of people have about being cheated. During that wild journey I told you about I specifically searched for girls on a relationship. I even had sex with a couple of friend's girlfriends (nothing I'm proud about) to witness first hand how that craving for infidelity was boosted when they have sex with somebody who knows their partner (if it's a good friend, much the better). I've seen a lot from an active and a passive role (but never with my partner. That doesn't tick my clock) and even when I'm still the same interested, I'm contemplating it from a more philosophical way. Basically because I don't want to cheat on my wife nor on my friends (anymore).

Have there been times when you stopped being sexual, and if so, what brought you back?
Never. Even that my sexual activity with a partner is almost non-existent since long time, I'm a very sexual person.

(I might go on with the questions later on. I don't want to write a Bible :))
 
I spent the past week at a con having great fun with people I really enjoy. I had no shortage of the possible partners with whom I could sexually experiment but I did not, was too busy having fun I guess.

I felt sexual, alive, & happy. I am still on a sexual journey but not particularly searching or in a hurry as I had been a few months ago.

People watching was cool as it always is, but I found watching sex and sexual behavior didn't have the same appeal as when I felt like I was also watching for someone else.

The past month has involved a lot of serious unexpected affection which in the past would have been slightly unnerving, but for whatever reason I am being very mellow about it. Perhaps because it has been from old friends and people I care a lot about.

On Sunday, I ended up have 3 massages over the 24 hrs which was cool and helped with the pain in my neck that has been around since late March.

I think all the above do play into one's sexual mix, to feel comfortable in your life and skin as well as in sex.
 
I spent the past week at a con having great fun with people I really enjoy. I had no shortage of the possible partners with whom I could sexually experiment but I did not, was too busy having fun I guess.

I felt sexual, alive, & happy. I am still on a sexual journey but not particularly searching or in a hurry as I had been a few months ago.

People watching was cool as it always is, but I found watching sex and sexual behavior didn't have the same appeal as when I felt like I was also watching for someone else.

The past month has involved a lot of serious unexpected affection which in the past would have been slightly unnerving, but for whatever reason I am being very mellow about it. Perhaps because it has been from old friends and people I care a lot about.

On Sunday, I ended up have 3 massages over the 24 hrs which was cool and helped with the pain in my neck that has been around since late March.

I think all the above do play into one's sexual mix, to feel comfortable in your life and skin as well as in sex.

Hi Noor
Luv reading your posts. You are so interesting!
I am in MN. I'd luv to get to know you more.
Smiles!
T
 
Hi Noor
Luv reading your posts. You are so interesting!
I am in MN. I'd luv to get to know you more.
Smiles!
T

Thank you!

I am just me, warts and all, although I don't actually have any warts...
 
I've been on a sexual upswing myself. One lonely night I decided I'd had enough and reactivated my online dating profile. I received quite a few messages those first few days, but most were creepy guys looking for an easy lay. Then, I met New Guy. We had a somewhat unexciting, but very interesting, first date. I'm very glad I accepted a second date because things were very different. Things are exciting and arousing again. I find myself wanting again- and being wanted in a way I've never experienced. I suppose it doesn't hurt that he makes me feel beautiful in a way that no other man has- and tells me what he likes about me and my body. It's very different than just having a man tell you he wants you- that's lovely and all, but telling a girl she's beautiful goes a long way to revving her engine :)
 
I've been on a sexual upswing myself. One lonely night I decided I'd had enough and reactivated my online dating profile. I received quite a few messages those first few days, but most were creepy guys looking for an easy lay. Then, I met New Guy. We had a somewhat unexciting, but very interesting, first date. I'm very glad I accepted a second date because things were very different. Things are exciting and arousing again. I find myself wanting again- and being wanted in a way I've never experienced. I suppose it doesn't hurt that he makes me feel beautiful in a way that no other man has- and tells me what he likes about me and my body. It's very different than just having a man tell you he wants you- that's lovely and all, but telling a girl she's beautiful goes a long way to revving her engine :)

Go Molly! Good for you!
 
I have been feeling a bit out of sorts and didn't know why but then I realized that today is the second anniversary of the world changing.

Current good things:
I am alive!
I am fairly content and happy.
I have great friends and family.
I can come again, at least using my mind and phone sex so far (thanks R & C!).
My body is healing more, I have stopped getting pelvic congestion when coming.
My scar is even improving!
No period.

Bad stuff:
don't want to think about it but its there, am dealing with it.
 
I have been feeling a bit out of sorts and didn't know why but then I realized that today is the second anniversary of the world changing.

Current good things:
I am alive!
I am fairly content and happy.
I have great friends and family.
I can come again, at least using my mind and phone sex so far (thanks R & C!).
My body is healing more, I have stopped getting pelvic congestion when coming.
My scar is even improving!
No period.

Bad stuff:
don't want to think about it but its there, am dealing with it.

Happy Belated Anniversary! I presume that change, while challenging, has been for the better?
 
Thank you!

I am just me, warts and all, although I don't actually have any warts...

We all have warts, just most are not physical. I have no physical warts but some figurative ones. It's all about what we do to heal or conceal those warts and which aprt of us shines brightest! I can't see your warts!
 
WOOT!!!! My lower abs in the center are starting to work! I can send signals now and it actually moves, not a lot but I can control it! Rectus abdominis muscle, I think.

I SO miss dance, I know insurance doesn't care if I dance but its like therapy/vacation/something for me.
 
WOOT!!!! My lower abs in the center are starting to work! I can send signals now and it actually moves, not a lot but I can control it! Rectus abdominis muscle, I think.

I SO miss dance, I know insurance doesn't care if I dance but its like therapy/vacation/something for me.

what type of dance? If we get to know one another, would you perform for me?
 
First of all, thank you for this thread, Noor. I found it a while back and have been mulling over answering it for a while now. I really have been debating answering it and have decided sharing my experiences may help others.

I'm glad to hear your recovery is coming along and I wish you all the best!

How has your view and experience of sex changed over the course of your sexual lifetime?

My sexual experiences have been limited in many ways, partly because my choice of partners was less than stellar, partly because I had not found my own voice at the time, and partly because I didn't love myself enough.

I mention all of those aspects because my last relationship was abusive on an emotional and sexual level. I allowed myself to be run over and did nothing to stop it. At the time, I didn't love or trust myself. I felt I had done something to deserve the treatment he dished out to me. I'm proud enough to say that when it became physically violent, I walked away and never looked back.

That relationship changed my view of sex and, well, relationships in general. In a large way, I have that relationship to thank for who I am today. Because of it, I'm stronger, smarter, and have learned to love myself for who I am. Also, I will never, ever let anyone treat me that way again. It has, however, changed my view of sex... not that it's scarred me, but I've been very hesitant to trust.

Have there been times when you stopped being sexual, and if so, what brought you back?

Yes. After I got myself out of my abusive relationship, I went through a rather rough patch. Sex was the furthest thing from my mind for about a year or two. I don't know what exactly brought me back. I think maybe just the fact that I came out of my depression probably helped a lot with that. My sex drive ramped up again and I realized I had wants and needs.

Do you have clear lines between sex as sport, fucking and making love?
If so, what are they and how much of a boundary are these lines?
Does crossing them make you uncomfortable and do you cross back and forth with the same partner?


There are lines. I'm not sure how clear they are, but lines do exist. I've never been able to sleep with some one I don't care about, so that rules sport out for me. I do think there are times when a couple makes love and just fucks. Crossing those lines doesn't make me uncomfortable in anyway as long as I trust and care about the person I'm with. (Does that make any sense at all because I'm not sure it does when I look at it typed out!)

Do you live in a different world now than you did at another point in your sexual lifetime and if so it better? are there parts you miss? If so what?

I absolutely do. I miss none of it. Then I took whatever was dished out to me and never said no. My pleasure and wants always took a backseat if they even mattered at all. Those experiences taught me that I matter and I do have a voice in the bedroom. Now I'll never be afraid to exercise it.

Who do you talk with about sex? Who do you experiment with? Where do you go when you want to try new things?

I'll talk to my best girlfriend about sex and the lovely people here at Lit. Experimenting and trying new things is a touchy subject for me right now. Oh, there are things I'd love to do and try, but as I mentioned earlier the former relationship has left me a bit untrusting in some ways. Okay, fine... I'll just say it. I haven't had sex in a really, really long time. I'm patiently waiting for the person I can share that with again and experiment with.

Lit has opened up some new doors for me though... I've met some great people I've talked with via IM and phone. Those have been wonderful experiences that I feel are building up into allowing me to experience the things I want to.
 
First of all, thank you for this thread, Noor. I found it a while back and have been mulling over answering it for a while now. I really have been debating answering it and have decided sharing my experiences may help others.

I'm glad to hear your recovery is coming along and I wish you all the best!

Thank you and thanks for posting! Its kind of like a roller coaster with some slow hills and fast downs but still moving forward...

I think trust is a big component. I don't need to be in a defined monogamous love relationship for sex, but I do need to feel safe and connected. I wouldn't have sex with someone I wouldn't let into my house.

Any sex is real to me, I figure why bother with sex that isn't. If you aren't able or willing to throw yourself into it, why bother?

I am glad you were able to walk away from physical violence, emotional abuse can be much harder to recognize as it develops and can be more damaging in that you don't have the scars, bruises, broken bones or whatever to remind you that it was real, not just your perception being skewed.
 
Thank you and thanks for posting! Its kind of like a roller coaster with some slow hills and fast downs but still moving forward...

I think trust is a big component. I don't need to be in a defined monogamous love relationship for sex, but I do need to feel safe and connected. I wouldn't have sex with someone I wouldn't let into my house.

Any sex is real to me, I figure why bother with sex that isn't. If you aren't able or willing to throw yourself into it, why bother?

I am glad you were able to walk away from physical violence, emotional abuse can be much harder to recognize as it develops and can be more damaging in that you don't have the scars, bruises, broken bones or whatever to remind you that it was real, not just your perception being skewed.

I completely agree. Sex is something you give your all in. If not, like you said, why bother. Trust is such a big component of that.

Emotional abuse is so hard to recognize. It's really something you don't realize is happening until it's too late... and then it's so hard to pull yourself out of. You think he'll change or you try to change so it will stop. When really you need to remove yourself from the abuse. Of course, sexual abuse can be hard to recognize at times too. You say no, but then you end up having sex anyway because you are so beat down emotionally. Then that builds into other forms of sexual abuse.

To this day, I still don't have the exact answers as to why I stayed as long as I did. I'm a smart woman. I knew better then. As I said earlier though, I do have that part of my life to thank for making me the person I am today. Many, many lessons learned.
 
Expectations

I was just reminded today of a list of expectations I wrote up for someone back in August 2008 and perhaps I should share them more often...


My expectations are:

To be friends first, and not have a solely sexual relationship.
In sex we both get what we want and we take turns at it.
Treat each other as people not objects or play things

To have a mutual understanding that we want the best for each other.
To view each other with kindness, caring, respect, dignity, understanding, acceptance, appreciation and consideration.
To treat each other as we would like to be treated.
To accept each other as we are, and find ways to work around our differences.
To interact with decency, honesty, generosity and fairness
To seek to understand first and then be understood.
Focus on being a compliment to each other, interact with encouragement and motivation and as much unconditional support as possible.

To honor any agreements we make with each other and let the other know if there are going to be any problems fulfilling the agreement.
Not to punish or be punished for trying to communicate or work something out.
To be able to ask questions and talk without fear of the other person withdrawing.
If we let the other down or cause an injury for whatever reason, we apologize and make amends, while being careful not to injure them further.
We respect that each person's time is valuable regardless of how structured it is.
To remember that if we come from different cultures, being careful and clear in our communication being while not assuming that our cultural norms are the same.
If there is a problem for one of us, accept it as a problem and look for a solution.
To treat each other as our own person separate from any emotional baggage from our past.

That we have the right to be angry, but not cruel.
Each one of us be responsible for what we do or say, with no excuses, convenient forgetfulness or otherwise.
Realize that what works for me may not work for you and vice versa.
Have patience and faith in each other
To be open and honest and not let problems build up.
To not assume each others intent without asking.

Try to use precise language in agreements that means the same thing to each other, not forcing the other person to parse out what was really meant.
Try to provide each other with a safe place to be as the world outside is hard enough.
Some times there will be bad times that will effect us, it doesn't mean either one of us is bad.
 
Do you live in a different world now than you did at another point in your sexual lifetime and if so it better? are there parts you miss? If so what?

In years past, I had quite frequent sex with partners, but for the past couple of years, with very rare exceptions, my sex life has by choice consisted of masturbation. It's been for the better, I think, but it hasn't stopped my desire to have another person add his input.
 
In years past, I had quite frequent sex with partners, but for the past couple of years, with very rare exceptions, my sex life has by choice consisted of masturbation. It's been for the better, I think, but it hasn't stopped my desire to have another person add his input.

Thank you for posting.

As of this moment, I am tending to agree with you.
I suppose you never get let down that way.

I just got a pm from someone who agreed with my expectations so that was refreshing, I suppose.
 
Last night I saw the movie The Sessions which I could kind of relate to in some ways, and it left me feeling a bit strange.

Some thoughts:
no way did he pay her directly like that
I wish I was in CA where there are sexual surrogates
6 sessions or even 4 with someone who could handle whatever, even if I freaked out, without judgement and helped me past it.

mind, body, spirit needs to all be part of the mix

############
 
The body sometimes needs to just press flesh with another body.

Ones total health and well being depends on it.

Is my humble opine.
 
Back
Top