Brother the fashion designer

S

Strangebuddy

Guest
In high school, Steffi avoided her older brother like the plague. He was an uber-nerd and got bullied a lot while she hung out with the more popular crowd. Brother seemed pretty happy though, hung out with the drama group, designed costumes, fixed dance team members' outfits, etc.

Come senior year though, sis is in a bind. She had to repair her car so her budget for homecoming dresses is zero. Her parents won't budge and her friends just laugh at her misfortune, so she turns to brother who is sympathetic and asks her what type of a dress she wanted to get. She shows the pic to him and he says he can make it for her. Sis doesn't believe him but with no other options, she goes ahead and lets him try. Things get a touch awkward when he demands that he get fresh measurements and has her take her bra off but he doesn't try anything and the dress is supposed to be worn without an additional bra.

A couple days before the dance, brother presents the dress to her and it is better than she hoped. Brother only asks for one thing in return...

What does he want? Does sister agree or try to renege on the deal?

One version: brother wants sis to be his model and run the catwalk for him for his final project. Sis lies and makes fun of him, leaving him scrambling to find a new model. The two go their seperate ways and they rarely talk.

Sis becomes a model and after failing to get steady work, her agent suggests cheating by getting a fashion designer with some clout to take a liking to her. Well of all the lucky breaks, her brother made it big and while he doesn't have his own brand, he does do big design for major companies and is on the verge of getting his own line.

Sis nervously swallows her pride and calls. Bro is open to the idea but feels a bit sour towards her past actions. So she'll have to earn her spit on the runway.

Alternatively, Bro forgives her immediately and gets her a job that does lots of overseas travel. She comes home early one night to her brother plowing her fiance.
 
Honestly i think the sis having to crawl to her now epic fashion designer bro for some reason is the best twist to the start of your story.
 
Honestly i think the sis having to crawl to her now epic fashion designer bro for some reason is the best twist to the start of your story.
For a unique spin, use radical POVs: the pulp press of paparazzi and perverts. That is, don't tell the story from a human POV. Instead, the tale spins in sleazy news-rag stories, with flashbacks as stars (or their PR flacks) reveal the backstory. Watch NATIONAL PERSPIRER and WEEKLY WORLD BULLSHIT etc for scuzzy features and gossip mentions. Yawn.
 
Back
Top