What's cookin', good lookin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepGreenEyes

Whittled
We have a nightcap thread, so...

What is in your culinary present, or future?

Last edited:
I'm making risotto on the weekend.

It's not something I do often, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Lazily I just made jacket potatoes with cheese spread and ham. Mads is on nights, so no point properly cooking.

curried bison patties
green salad with vinaigrette
roasted red potatoes with lavender, parsley and olive oil.

My GI tract has come a long way since Jan!

Tofu marinated in homemade peanut sauce, sautéed with broccoli, served over brown rice. Peanut sauce has some lovely amino acids, garlic and ginger.

Kraft mac & cheese with Little Sizzler sausage links cut up in it. Glass of orange juice.

I don't belong on this thread :eek:

Kraft mac & cheese with Little Sizzler sausage links cut up in it. Glass of orange juice.

I don't belong on this thread :eek:

I'm not much better. I had a meatloaf sandwich on wheat, sweet potato chips, and leftover English peas. I feel too shitty to cook.

Shrimp with bacon, garlic and green onions over cheddar cheese grits!! (Bobby Flay recipe...) SOOOOOOO delicious!!! 20 minutes to make.

Last night's chicken, a head of brocolli, a pot of tea, one carrot, a glass of water and a biscuit with peanut butter, rice, bok choi.

One cup oats, blended, two tablespoons milo, one cup water, one cup milk, two eggs, a banana. Blend it until liquid, thats dessert.

Update: Im 74kgs, from lowest 66. My old weight was 75, but I'm feeling heaps better this time around (and thats thanks to proper nutrition! hooray!)

tiger prawns (giant shrimp) lightly stir fried with French green beans, hokkien noodles, coriander (celantro) shredded ginger, yellow grape tomatoes, Thai style opal basil and shallots with a squeeze of lemon, a splash of dark soy and a sprinkle of palm sugar

Chicken and wild rice soup with pineapple chutney.

Cooked by me!!!

From scratch!!!

On a stove!!!!!!!!!!!:D

We had cake and ice cream in lieu of dinner tonight. :) Husband's birthday.

Oh, and Captain and Diet. :)

Dinner of champions.

We had cake and ice cream in lieu of dinner tonight. :) Husband's birthday.

Oh, and Captain and Diet. :)

Dinner of champions.

attachment.php

Sounds like a good breakfast to me.
Drinks and all.

Last edited:
Beef stew tonight. God, it was good. I think I could live on the potatoes alone.

Stress levels had me down to a total of one meal's worth of food a day, but I'm back up to two, and working on three but not counting on it. My cooking libido is still flatlined though. I'm lucky if I feel like making cereal in the morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back