As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why they aren't requiring ACLS anymore. I think it's crazy. I personally don't want to open myself to the liability of being on a floor that commonly deals with code situations without being certified in ACLS.
It should be mandatory. That is the best thing about telemetry, you can take your time getting there because we know they are already doing it.

Telemetry is included in the critical care spectrum according to AACN--- so, the standards are the standards. :confused:

I waited for the night nurse at the desk with my hot pink ear muffs on--- ready to leave.

He looked at me like I was nuts. I asked him: You want report?

The RT made fun of me all day today because I made fresh coffee, you know, before rounds for my favorite intensivist.

The RT came up to me and said: Please tell me you are joking. Please tell me you are not that big of an ass kisser.

I told him that he could have some too. I told him if he's happy, we are all happy. He didn't understand. :rolleyes:

The RT wanted to steal my little joy, but I wouldn't let him. So, I called him on the phone all day---
Can you?
Will you?
Peak pressure high!
Minute volume low!

Till he yelled at me, and I wet my panty.

My arm hurts. I will tell you what nurses are good for-- when I offered her my right arm she said: are you crazy? give me your left arm silly.

I forgot, now I know why. I am right handed.

This reminded me of my old days in the ER. One night, we had a plastic, toy alligator that somebody had confiscated from their kids. We snuck into the call room to put it in the ER doc's bed for him to find later when he finally got the chance to crash for a little while.

We promptly forgot about Mr Gator when the place went to hell - minus the handbasket - as ERs are fond of doing. Several hours later, the exhausted doc went to bed.

Not a minute after he left, he came hauling ass back to the nurses' station - wearing only his shorts. He kept screaming, "IT GOT MY GOOBER!"

Three ER nurses laughed so hard we peed ourselves.

Of course, it went right back to hell minus the handbasket status immediately thereafter. The poor ER doc never even got the chance to take a nap. Did we feel guilty? Nahhhhhh!

Lord, the visuals that came up in my head on that one were wonderful, I laughed for 5 minutes solid. Thanks you so much for making my night. Seems tonight I just needed laughter rather than any else.
thanks,
:rose::rose:
:kiss:

So this is my first official announcement on Lit. I'm sure I'll catch a ton of shit about it, but I'll eventually mention it to my other buddies too.

Janey, I wanted to let you know the rest of the story. The chest pain continues, but it's getting worse. I'm scheduled for a heart cath Monday. I have my script for my NTG here ready to fill tomorrow, and the cardiologist told me how to reach him in case I need to get in touch with him between now and then.

I'll let ya know how it goes as soon as I can. Prayers, good thoughts, and anything else will be appreciated.

So this is my first official announcement on Lit. I'm sure I'll catch a ton of shit about it, but I'll eventually mention it to my other buddies too.

Janey, I wanted to let you know the rest of the story. The chest pain continues, but it's getting worse. I'm scheduled for a heart cath Monday. I have my script for my NTG here ready to fill tomorrow, and the cardiologist told me how to reach him in case I need to get in touch with him between now and then.

I'll let ya know how it goes as soon as I can. Prayers, good thoughts, and anything else will be appreciated.

You have my best wishes.

I found a website and mobile app to help you save money on prescriptions. It is recommended by Consumers Reports. goodrx.com

I bring that up because I know for a lot of people the high cost of the prescriptions adds greatly to the stress. Lower costs, lower stress.

Plus, I share well with others. 8)

Be brave BeachMomma. :heart: I will be thinking for you on Monday morning. I wish I could be your nurse-- I have this special black sharpie marker here ready to mark your pedal pulse pre- :heart: - cath.

Will you watch on the screen? I am hoping for the best for you. :heart:

You have my best wishes.

I found a website and mobile app to help you save money on prescriptions. It is recommended by Consumers Reports. goodrx.com

I bring that up because I know for a lot of people the high cost of the prescriptions adds greatly to the stress. Lower costs, lower stress.

Plus, I share well with others. 8)

Ooooohhh, thank you! I'll check that out! I've gone from taking 2 pills/day for blood pressure to.....I kid you not - 7 pills daily + 3 PRNs. It's not that bad cost-wise, though, because my hospital's Rx coverage is through CVS. If I get them there, the costs are minimal. Still.....that shit gets expensive.

Be brave BeachMomma. :heart: I will be thinking for you on Monday morning. I wish I could be your nurse-- I have this special black sharpie marker here ready to mark your pedal pulse pre- :heart: - cath.

Will you watch on the screen? I am hoping for the best for you. :heart:

Thanks, Doll! If I come out of it with just the X marked on my foot, I'll be happy. LOL That's the downside of being sedated in your own hospital. lol

I don't know if I will or not. I've scrubbed heart caths. I might find it interesting, or I might be even more stressed. I have a feeling they'll sedate the shit out of me. :heart: Ver/sub. :D

\

Hey there
I had one of those, about five years ago. It really was a piece of cake. I watched it on screen, but really couldn't make much sense of what I was seeing.
The only bad part was having to lay flat with a big weight on my groin for several hours. I read that my local hospital has started doing caths through the shoulder, which is supposed to be a lot easier.

\

Hey there
I had one of those, about five years ago. It really was a piece of cake. I watched it on screen, but really couldn't make much sense of what I was seeing.
The only bad part was having to lay flat with a big weight on my groin for several hours. I read that my local hospital has started doing caths through the shoulder, which is supposed to be a lot easier.
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad yours turned out well. Unfortunately, I know all too well what they're doing - and what I'll be seeing on the screen. I've scrubbed more heart caths than I care to remember. Sometimes it sucks knowing too much.

I am the nurse for the boss doctor. Does that make me very important nurse for very important patient?

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad yours turned out well. Unfortunately, I know all too well what they're doing - and what I'll be seeing on the screen. I've scrubbed more heart caths than I care to remember. Sometimes it sucks knowing too much.
Tell them to knock you out dreamy. Enjoy the meds!

It doesn't make me important. It makes me hated. Everyone hates me and wants me to poke our VIP with needles. :mad:

I was scared as hell, to tell you the truth. Had no idea what was going to happen. But, it didn't hurt any. It disturbed me a bit that they found a blocked artery, and had to put a stent in, but it has had no bad effects on me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back