Pictures of Cold Places

tumblr_mbubchuRzt1qzwmsso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mbubchuRzt1qzwmsso1_1280.jpg

Dawn overlooking Mueller Hut in Mt. Cook National Park, New Zealand.

:) :)

I know you are aware of the ancient Chinese curse.

"May you live in interesting times."

But there's good stories too....
Listening to humpback whales singing through the hull.
Swimming with dolphins in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
Hearing the hiss of the hull cutting through the water under full sail in the Atlantic with the bluest, clearest sky surrounding you.
Catching your first marlin.
That first glimpse of blue landmass.... and seeing the first land bird fly over.
Loads of great stuff!

But there's good stories too....
Listening to humpback whales singing through the hull.
Swimming with dolphins in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
Hearing the hiss of the hull cutting through the water under full sail in the Atlantic with the bluest, clearest sky surrounding you.
Catching your first marlin.
That first glimpse of blue landmass.... and seeing the first land bird fly over.
Loads of great stuff!

There's "interesting" and there's fuckin' crazy.

Crazy is flying a chute in the Southern Ocean surfing down rollers at 20 knots in the dark dodging bergy bits with 33°F (1°C) green water pouring into the cockpit.

Crazy is for the young and the stupid.

Downwind tradewind sleighrides are one thing; ice, gales and cold are something else entirely— they're off my list.

There's "interesting" and there's fuckin' crazy.

Crazy is flying a chute in the Southern Ocean surfing down rollers at 20 knots in the dark dodging bergy bits with 33°F (1°C) green water pouring into the cockpit.

Crazy is for the young and the stupid.

Downwind tradewind sleighrides are one thing; ice, gales and cold are something else entirely— they're off my list.

'Fucking crazy' comes with it :)
There are times when it's not so fun.... but when you safely come out the other side, and you look at the incredible wonder that is your survival, you're more alive than you ever were before.

a friend once he told me he dropped something in bed so he asked his wife to spread her legs so the light would come on

Back