Question about embedding a gif into a story

Mello_SixtyNine

Literotica Guru
Quick question.

I've had an idea about a story set in the Incest category about a teen boy with a large tongue & I was wondering if it is doable to embed the code to place a gif into the body of the text of my story.

This is the gif I want to use:

UselessJunk-com_cJMJg.gif

Can I just paste the code into my story? Will that work? Or does that violate some kind of Literotica rule?

Last edited:
You'd have to submit it to the Illustrated category and you'd have to have some sort of proof that the image belonged to you, I think. I haven't submitted to this category and see no instructions on doing so. Maybe those who have done so can give you more detailed help. There is a rule on submissions barring external links into stories. I don't know how that applies to the Illustrated category.

Quick question.

I've had an idea about a story set in the Incest category about a teen boy with a large tongue & I was wondering if it is doable to embed the code to place a gif into the body of the text of my story.

This is the gif I want to use:

UselessJunk-com_cJMJg.gif

Can I just paste the code into my story? Will that work? Or does that violate some kind of Literotica rule?

I'm not certain but I think it's possible to include an image outside the Illustrated category. You'd need to follow the instructions LWulf linked to, and it would be a good idea to PM Laurel first to check.

Hotlinking to an image stored off Literotica would probably be breaking the "no external links" rule - if the image is stored somewhere else, there's nothing stopping the admins at Somewhere Else substituting a different image after the story is approved.

But I suspect this particular gif would be a problem no matter how you include it - as SR says, it looks like copyright violation, unless you can prove that you own the original movie that it's been made from.

I'm not certain but I think it's possible to include an image outside the Illustrated category. You'd need to follow the instructions LWulf linked to, and it would be a good idea to PM Laurel first to check.

Hotlinking to an image stored off Literotica would probably be breaking the "no external links" rule - if the image is stored somewhere else, there's nothing stopping the admins at Somewhere Else substituting a different image after the story is approved.

But I suspect this particular gif would be a problem no matter how you include it - as SR says, it looks like copyright violation, unless you can prove that you own the original movie that it's been made from.

This was in the rules posted above:

Photographs also have these rules: Legally, we can allow soft nudity in photographs, but under current United States law, photographs posted on this site may not contain "sexually explicit conduct", which the government defines as:

- Actual or simulated:
(A) sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex

There are tens of thousands hardcore sex pics and gifs linked into these forums. Why is it no problem on the forums but a major no-no if I were to link that gif into a story?

It doesn't really make much sense to me, especially since I've linked the gif in question to this very thread with no notifications to remove it by an admin.

There are tens of thousands hardcore sex pics and gifs linked into these forums. Why is it no problem on the forums but a major no-no if I were to link that gif into a story?

It doesn't really make much sense to me, especially since I've linked the gif in question to this very thread with no notifications to remove it by an admin.

The Web site is generally lax about its rules. It does almost no policing of the forum. That's an explanation not a justification. Nonetheless it controls the WYSIWYG effect.

If you put it in a story, though, you are zeroing the Web site management specifically to the one instance. You can count on receiving more scrutiny thereby.

All story posts have to be screened by a moderator before posting. Forum posts only get moderated if somebody calls the mod's attention to them, so the rules are more likely to be enforced with stories.

Back