A Bat's Light of Hope (Closed)

Batman was in a dilemma. If only this had happened two minutes earlier he could have just left Emerald tied up and sleeping like a baby. He would have programmed the computer to give her a mild dose of the gas every hour and she would have slept on calmly until he needed to wake her up.

Now with the antidote administered it was too dangerous to give her another dose. It could permanently fry brain cells and cause harm to motor functions, memory and speech centers. He would just have to get the information quickly so he would be available to back up the girls if they needed him.

He watched Emerald come slowly awake and once she was awake enough he stopped the gas flow and activated the speakers. He had programmed the voice computer with the sound of Diamonds voice. He thought it would add a psychological advantage.
"So Emerald you have failed me again. How many times must I put up with your incompetence. I brought you with me to catch my love and now I find out she was in your area today and you did nothing. Remind me why I gave you a second chance again."

He watched as she squirmed at her restraints and looked around panicked. "My dear Lord Diamond, you know that is not my area to control," she purred putting all the sexiness she could into her voice. "I had been ordered to do the job I was doing and had no idea the girl was there. Had I known, of course I would have captured her for you. After all a woman of my high class never goes back on her word and I did promise you I would indeed capture her for you."
Batman shivered at the certainty in her voice. "Very well I will forgive you this once, but if it happens again. I will be forced to punish you severely. As punishment now you will stay like that while I question you. I want a report on the situation down there. before you ask yes I have a report already but I want your report. I want to see how much they differ but if I find out you are lying to me then this will seem like the best day you have ever had. Now spare no details I want to know everything."
 
Emerald's eyes widened. "Yes of course. The items purchased from my store as well as another has been laced with the power of the dark crystal. It'll corrupt them, causing them to commit violent crimes or even just turning them into mindless evil energy draining zombies. They'll be activated in groups. In fact, the first set of mindless minions should be active right in my area right now. The darkness will spread throughout the city until Gotham has no choice but to bow to you my lord."

By the time Moon reached the school, all three cats were weak and bruised with Rubeus standing over them and preparing to attack them again. She used her tiara as a boomerang to stop his attack and draw his attention. "Well well, a little sailor brat wants to play." He smirked before sending an attack her way, an attack she barely dodged.
 
Batman nodded. He had figured that was the plan by the way they had been selling the items off. Nobody did that for the fun of it and the way they had put all that effort into getting people to buy it had made sense. He opened the channel to Cosmos. "Cosmos expect a pack of energy draining zombies in your area soon. You will have to deal with them before the next breakout. Seems like our suspicions were right. Every garment they ever sold was laced with dark crystal power. As soon as they activate it, mindless army time. We will have to destroy that crystal to stop the horde. I will try to get that information out of her."

Activating the microphone again Diamonds voice once again flooded the chamber. "I hope you have secured the Crystal securely this time. I do not want another failure like the docks fiasco. That stupid Journalist and those business men cost me a crystal. Tell me how this one is guarded and it better be better than that one."
 
Cosmos was fighting off the drones when she heard Batman. "A bit late for that heads up. That's what I'm dealing with now. But keep me posted." She got the couple that had been surrounded to safety before taking on some more of the drones.

Moon on the other hand was blocking Rubeus' attacks from hitting the cats and sending her own his way. All easily dodged. "Gonna cry little sailor?" He taunted her. "Never." She replied. Rubeus smirked. "Well, I'll bring in someone else for you." The next thing Moon knew, she was being hit in the back with electricity as a woman with short hair stood smirking over her. The teen screamed in pain, the scream being able to be heard over the coms by Batman and Cosmos, before she dropped to her knees. "Have fun with her Petz. Give me a nice little show." Rubeus told the woman. "Of course Rubeus."

Emerald was shaking slightly. "Oh it is my lord. For this plan, the crystal does not need to be in close proximity. And so it is still safely tucked away on the ship, out of sight."
 
Crap thought Batman while at the same time he chuckled into the microphone. "Ah excellent. Then you are using a relay station to broadcast it's energies. I bet this was your idea and not your partners. You were always the smart one Emerald. If only you could keep your jealousy under control you would be higher up than you are. I hope that the relay is well guarded though. If anything happens to that I will have to move my ship and I can ill afford to do that at the moment. Rubeus has just engaged Moon at the school and I want to be there when he finally captures her so make this report quick."

He hoped both her jealousy and his temper would cause her to slip up. He needed to get out there and help the girls fast.
 
His words hit a sore spot in Emerald and caused her to forget her niceties. "You mean when you decide to stop sleeping with these pathetic Earth women and stop lusting for that little twit of a woman and finally realize the real woman you've had by your side all along? The real woman you actually deserve as your queen? And if I'm the smartest, why do you still believe I'll act as stupidly as Rubeus and not have something so important in a safe place. Rubeus isn't smart enough to even consider hiding a relay underground where those stupid sailor twits wouldn't even dare consider looking. And why do you want to be there when Rubeus catches Sailor Moon anyway? Unless you've decided to try them a little younger now?"
 
Batman smiled. The relay was definitely under the shop, and all they had to do was destroy it and most of the people would be freed from it's effects. "Did you get that Cosmos. It's definately under the store. It is probably guarded but you will have to try for it alone. I am going to have to go help Moon and the others. If you don't think you can handle it alone, meet me at the school and we can tackle Rubeus together then we can all go for the crystal. It will be your call."

"I wanted to be with Rubeas Emerald to be sure he didn't kill Moon, because he is as big a fool as you are. With her as my prisoner I can lure Cosmos out and have her in my control once and for all. As for you I don't think you have learned your lesson at all. Maybe a few hours in here will teach you a thing or two. Cool off and maybe I will let you out again after I have dealt with Sailor Moon and Rubeas."

Batman hoped the cell would hold her but just in case he pumped in a mild sedative. It wouldn't knock her out but hopefully it would keep her groggy enough until he could come back and deal with her. He raced for the roof and pulled out a special backpack and after strapping himself in leaped off the roof. Large wings folded out and a small jet ignited and he started to soar over the city. This small glider would get him to the school in a few minutes. He just hoped he would be in time to save Moon.
 
Cosmos knocked out a few more drones as she heard Batman. "I can handle it. Without going underground. Go help Moon."

By the time Batman would've gotten close to the school, Moon was trying to fight off both Petz and Rubeus. She managed to stun Petz with an attack only to be grabbed from behind by Rubeus. Rubeus held her close, holding a knife at Moon's neck as he smirked at Batman. "The big bad bat come to see the sailor twit."
 
"The big bad bat come to see the sailor twit." Batman stopped in his tracks and looked at the man. He was looking at him and smirking, hiding behind Moon like the coward he was. Batman really hated men like him who used hostages to threaten and hide behind. They were the lowest form of criminal to him. At least people like Bane and Killer Croc came at him when confronted.
"Put the knife down and back away from the girl. You have five seconds to comply before I destroy you. This is your only warning Rubeus. I suggest you give yourself up now and save yourself a world of pain."
Behind his back he readied several different gadgets and got ready to fight. He did not expect him to give up after all, but he did expect him to move the knife away so he would have a shot at rescuing Moon.
 
Rubeus only laughed. "You may think you're big and bad but you don't scare me at all. I don't think I'll back away from her. In fact, I think I'll hold her, take her back to base and let Cosmos trade herself for the girl. She'll do anything to ensure the girl is safe." He used his other hand that was holding Moon to him to send a bit of dark energy through the teen, causing her to cry out in pain.

Moon's eyes were pleading to Batman to help her, almost like a daughter pleading to her father. At the same time Petz was starting to wake up, already preparing an attack.

Cosmos heard Rubeus' words through her com. "Lose-lose. I lose her if I do and lose her if I don't." Her voice would sound more as if she was thinking out loud rather than actually talking to Moon or Batman.
 
Batman was more than angry now he was enraged. He saw the look in Moons eyes and it almost broke his heart. How had this girl slipped into it so fast. Was it because she looked like Serenity and was a relative or was it just her easy going nature and ready smile so at odds with his own nature that drew him to her and made him want to protect her like his own child. Whatever it was he knew he would lay down his life for her like he would Serenity.

He glanced over at the woman and saw he did not have much time. He would have to risk his worst case scenario and that actually meant hurting Moon as well. "Brace yourself Rini this is going to hurt a lot," he mumbled into his mike knowing she would hear him.

He moved quickly before the two of them could react. Two darts flew through the air, one hitting Moon the other the woman. On contact electricity coursed through their bodies. Of course the one hitting the woman was of a much stronger intensity and she passed out almost immediately. The one that hit Moon traveled through her body and into Rubeus causing his limbs to lock in place and him to suffer the same effects. Batman covered the space between them in three long strides and as the charge ran out upercutted the stunned Rubeus then punched him three times in the gut before bringing his knee up into his jaw as he leaned down. He was out before he hit the ground. Picking up the knife and cuffing him he walked over and cuffed the lady as well.

Now that they were secure he quickly made his way back over to Moon. She was slumped over and although still breathing she had her eyes closed. Now that he could see her closely he saw signs of injuries on her and hoped the shock hadn't damaged her too much. "Moon are you ok," He asked as he knelt down and cradled her in his arms. "Moon...Moon...God dammit it Rini speak to me," he said with anguish it his voice.
 
Cosmos had frozen for a second at hearing Batman's words to Moon. But she stayed quiet. She knew and trusted him well enough to know he wouldn't risk hurting Rini unless it was absolutely necessary. And she knew Rini knew the same.

But when Rini didn't respond at first to Batman after a while, it had her scared, even as she finally knocked out the last minion.

Rini slowly opened her eyes and looked up at Batman. "Ugh....is Jupiter pushing her powers through you in your sleep?"
 
He sighed and for once a large smile broke out on the Batman's face. "Don't ever scare me like that again do you hear me young lady. Besides I thought you were a lot stronger than that," he said trying to laugh it off and distract her with humor about just how worried he was about her.

"When you feel up to it, perhaps you could tell me where the others are and then we can 'Question' these two about the plans of their master and just what they have been doing hiding in this school and if there is any more of them."
 
Rini chuckled slightly. "Yea well you take one of those after a bunch of hits by those two and see if you don't get knocked out for a few. Then we'll talk." She glanced over to Rubeus and Petz before looking back at Batman. "I'd say it was only Rubeus in the school. As for the others..." She pointed to a nearby pink force field of sorts where the unconscious cats lay within.
 
Batman sighed. "I know you have been listening in Cosmos," he began. "Everyone is okay. Moon is just a little beat up but she will be fine in a few minutes, she is a true Sailor soldier, ready to go even after getting beaten up," he chuckled. "The cats are unconscious but look okay, she protected them in a bubble of energy of sorts. Rubeus and another green haired woman are here knocked out, but this one has short hair and looks more like a fighter than emerald. I am going to take them all back to the pier base and lock up Rubeus and the other one. Get some treatment for Luna,Artemis and Diana and see how Moon goes. If she is feeling okay we can come and help you. It shouldn't take us more than half an hour. Can you hold out that long?"
 
Cosmos chuckled. "I'm glad you guys are alright. The drones are knocked out. I just need to heal them of the dark crystal's influence and knock out that relay. I can do both in one thankfully. Do you guys need my help still with anything?"

Moon had carefully moved from Batman's arms and released the cats from the protective forcefield before gently petting all three, passing them just enough energy to heal their injuries.
 
Batman watched as Moon picked up each of the cats and seemed to glow a little as did the cat. Eventually the cat stirred a little and she moved onto the next. Hmm healing magic. No wonder she recovered quickly, and it was handy to be able to pass it onto others. But he then looked at Rubeus and the other one. Once Moon had finished he walked over to her. He had already summoned the jet and it would be here soon.

"I see you have a form of healing magic, but is a natural ability or is it something that came with being Sailor Moon. What I mean is will these two and Emerald recover as quickly as you and Cosmos do or do you two do that because you are Moon goddesses?"
 
Moon smiled softly. "I wouldn't be able to say whether it has to do with being Sailor Moon or if it's just because we can wield the silver crystal in general. I wouldn't call us moon goddesses though either." She chuckled. "As for them, I don't think they'll recover as fast as we did."


Cosmos listened to the other two talk as she set her staff in place on the ground to best take out the relay and heal the drones. "Cosmic Healing.....Activation." She spoke quietly though she knew they would both hear it as pulses of healing energy spread out from the staff to complete the required job.
 
"Well okay then, but you don't mind if I call Serenity my Goddess do you? She might not be one but she is one to me," he smiled at Moon knowing that she could hear him over the radio link.

As the plane finally appeared and hovered overhead. He grabbed the two black moon members and hitting a button on his belt the cargo bay doors opened. He unceremoniously piled them in then shut it again then helped moon place the cats in the cockpit then they got in. "Next stop the pier where we can interrogate these two. You want us to wait for you Cosmos?" he asked even as he jetted off.
 
By the time Cosmos had heard Batman's words saying that she was a goddess to him, she had finished doing what she needed to do. "What would you need to wait for me for? I'm done here. Unless you're referring to waiting on me to meet you all? But I would hope at this point that you could just swing for me rather than pick me up."
 
Batman smiled and aimed the jet for the garment district. With all the baffles on it was whisper quiet and he skimmed the roof tops. They made the site in minutes and saw Cosmos standing in a pile of unconscious bodies looking none the worse for wear.

"I see you have had a fun time," Batman called down over the radio. "We are pretty full up here and I am not sure there is actually room for one more. I never did build these things with more than one passenger in mind. I could lower the grappling hook and you could fly underneath or I can come down there and guide you in myself over the rooftops and put this thing on Autopilot to take the others straight there. That will give the cats time to rest up as well as Moon and she can put the two unconscious bozo's in a cell each."
 
"Let them be on autopilot. Give Moon some time to breathe without us" Cosmos grinned. "Just give her whatever instructions you need to for her to handle the Negatrash and come on."
 
"Fine. Listen Moon, I will put the jet on auto and it will fly to the pier all by itself and land by itself. I will also program the base to show you where to put the Nega's. Just strap them in the chairs and then push the flashing button on the outside of the cell. It will flood it with a mild sedative to keep them under for a while longer. Then you can relax for awhile. There is a small kitchen and lounge area where you and the cats can rest up. Cosmos and I should be there shortly but don't be surprised if it takes us a little while, We may have to stop to break up some crime or something. We will stay in touch via the com-link unless we need radio silence."

He hit several buttons on the board and then typed in some instructions on a small keypad. "It's all set Moon, see you soon," he smiled at her then the floor opened beneath him and he fell towards the street as the jet swiveled and flew off. He spread his cloak and it acted as a small parachute slowing his fall enough that he landed easily next to Cosmos.
 
Moon nodded and watched as he dropped from the jet after programming it for her.

Cosmos smiled softly as he landed next to her. "I don't believe I'll ever get tired of seeing you do that." She then turned off her comm, indicating for him to do the same with his before she leapt up to a nearby roof
 
Batman flipped his link off then fired his rappel gun up to the same roof and quickly joined her. "I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing how easily you jump and move so effortlessly like that either," he told her. "Why the radio silence though, What do you not want Moon to hear?" he asked her getting a little anxious. Was there another threat they had to deal with so soon.
 
Back
Top