Hogtied position

aluzion

Experienced
I'm new to this type of position, how painful is it if elbows and knees are tied together as well? HOw long can it be safe to be tied like this?

I'm new to this type of position, how painful is it if elbows and knees are tied together as well? HOw long can it be safe to be tied like this?

all bound positions will have different pain levels for people and the physical effects you personally feel from it will vary from the experiences of others; all depends on your own flexibility, muscle strength, pain tolerance, etc.
Likewise, there is no set minimum time limit for how long a person can hold any position.
Best advice that I can offer: try it for yourself, but with a trusted partner that you are comfortable communicating with, and use simple knots that can be released quickly. Once the position starts to feel uncomfortable for you--don't try to push your limits on a first go and risk a negative experience--call it, and change positions for awhile/stretch/have a cool down period before getting back into more strenuous activities again. You and your partner can always try the position again, and see if you can hold it longer the next time, if you decide that you enjoyed being bound that way.

all bound positions will have different pain levels for people and the physical effects you personally feel from it will vary from the experiences of others; all depends on your own flexibility, muscle strength, pain tolerance, etc.
Likewise, there is no set minimum time limit for how long a person can hold any position.
Best advice that I can offer: try it for yourself, but with a trusted partner that you are comfortable communicating with, and use simple knots that can be released quickly. Once the position starts to feel uncomfortable for you--don't try to push your limits on a first go and risk a negative experience--call it, and change positions for awhile/stretch/have a cool down period before getting back into more strenuous activities again. You and your partner can always try the position again, and see if you can hold it longer the next time, if you decide that you enjoyed being bound that way.

This is great advice!

So elbow to knees - are you thinking on your back with knees up, legs spread and elbows tied to knees? You can do this alone by simply holding your ankles or calves to get an idea of what it's like.

Being bound is nicer, especially if you're not super flexible. I don't recall having any issues in this position other than sliding across the bed like a turtle on its back.

Your level of flexibility and fitness will determine how long you are comfortable in a hogtied position. The longer you are in the position the less comfortable it will become. It is very important to understand what you are doing if you intend to be bound for more than a few minutes. I suggest using straps, belts, or at least 1/2 inch rope so the bindings do not cut into the flesh too much. There is also an art to securely binding someone without disrupting their circulation. Always leave some play in the bindings and never leave the bound person unattended. Visually check to make sure that no part of the body is showing signs of a lack of circulation and always check the general wellbeing of your bound partner. Make sure you can remove the bindings as quick as necessary. I strongly recommend having medical shears on hand to do this. I also suggest starting slowly and determining your comfort level. Safety is always paramount.

Back