TMOTM: Conversation (closed)

Ritapita

Really Experienced
Joined
Oct 14, 2017
Posts
122
CLOSED

Please do not post here yet.

I am only just now putting this idea together.
Feel free to subscribe, though,
and you will be informed of when it is time
to create your character profiles,
become part of the conversation,
and other such things.


CONVERSATION THREAD

This thread is where the members of
"The Madness of the Mist"
can discuss topics of importance
to ALL of the members.

Please do not have lasting, lengthy,
1x1 chats in this thread.
Take such chats to Private Messaging.
Thank you.

Links of Importance (more coming soon)
 
Last edited:
Story Concept:
  • Inspired by but otherwise unconnected to the Stephen King novel "The Mist" (which, honestly, I haven't read and only know of from the television series of the same name.)
  • One evening, the small town of Hampton is suddenly shrouded by a thick mist.
  • It will persist: days, weeks, months? Who knows?
  • Madness infects a portion of the population.
  • At the local mall, the administration's staff, employees, vendors, and a few people who shouldn't have been there after hours will barricade themselves inside, waiting for the mist to clear.
  • As time passes, it will become clear that the madness of the mist is targeting those people who have committed or will commit sins. It is targeting the wicked.
  • Coming into direct, long term exposure with the mist will lead to madness, and death will ensue, be it the death of the mad or those around him or her.
  • Can you survive the mist, the madness, and your sins?

Multiple Characters:
  • Characters are going to die.
  • Therefore, each writer comes into the story with a minimum of 3 characters:
    • Primary: This is a lasting character. My advice would be to make this character sin-free, but you can also have a sin-full character who simply has to be concerned about the mist.
    • Secondary: This is a semi-lasting character who should currently have or should, as the story unfolds, soon commit sins with which he/she should be concerned.
    • Tertiary: This is an expendable character, one who will die within the first hours or days of the story.
  • Profiles for each of the above character types can have lengths and depths appropriate for their future in the story. (No need to spend 5 hours perfecting a profile for a character who's gonna die in the first 5 posts.)
  • You are, of course, permitted to write additional characters. I myself will probably write a dozen of them.
  • Also, over time, there is an option to add new characters. They can be people who were in the mall but for whom no one has yet spoken; or there can be people who show up the mall doors, beating on the glass for sanctuary. We can discuss this more in the future.
  • Do not:
    • Create more characters than you can handle!
    • Create power hungry characters who will dominate the story without permission from me!
    • Create characters who are central to the story line and then disappear for days on end. If you slow the story down, I will post for your character for a day or two, then kill him/her off.

Frequency of posting:
  • This doesn't work if you don't post frequently.
  • I am looking for writers who will post almost every day, at least 2 times a day for their Primary Character.
  • Posting frequency is directly proportional to your Character'(s) importance in the story and interaction with other Characters.
  • If your character is not involved in interactions that are timely, then you can afford to not be as active; but if your character is key to the story's progression, then you have to commit to being here!
  • If you typically role play at work or school Monday-Friday and then disappear from Literotica for the entire weekend, this is not the role play for you.
  • We need you to be here Saturday and Sunday, too.
  • I know it sounds like I am asking a lot of you. There's a reason for that: I am!

Length of replies:
  • Replies don't have to be long.
  • They only have to move the story along.
  • If you can say what you need to say in 15 words, that's perfectly fine with me.
  • In fact, I would prefer that once you have established your character and presented his/her background and personality to the other writers, that you keep your posts short as to make reading time for the others shorter.

Spelling, grammar, and punctuation:
  • Check for these three things before you post.
  • This is not optional: proofreading is the sign of a committed writer, and I don't want anyone here who isn't committed to the bigger, lasting story.
  • If you don't or wont do these checks, don't join.
  • If you do join but won't do these checks, your posts will be ignored.
  • If you use a phone or tablet without spell check, you must do it manually before posting.
  • If your phone anticipates the word you are typing with the first couple of letters you type, you must go back and proofread before posting.
  • I don't mean to sound harsh, really. But it's just too hard trying to interpret poor or lazy writing, and I won't do it. You shouldn't make me do it.
 
Back
Top