Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was really hoping that today would be productive, and then all the muscles in my back decided to tighten up on me. Walking like Frankenstein :(

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

I love it when someone tells me I'm right!

*high-fives Saucyminx!!!

:D

Are the refs making bad calls against Wales?

*high-fives EbersMoll for again admitting I'm right!

Congrats on spelling your preferred area of the male anatomy correctly:)

One missed sending off by the Ref, but sadly, at half time Wales 0 - 23 NZ :mad:

Last edited:
Congrats on spelling your preferred area of the male anatomy correctly:)

One missed sending off by the Ref, but sadly, at half time Wales 0 - 23 NZ :mad:

Thanks for the nod to my spelling prowess!

0-23? I don't know how the scoring works in that game, but that doesn't sound good for Wales. I shall say a prayer to the sports gods for you and Wales.

Thanks for the nod to my spelling prowess!

0-23? I don't know how the scoring works in that game, but that doesn't sound good for Wales. I shall say a prayer to the sports gods for you and Wales.

It's a bad as it sounds:(. I fear we are beyond even the power of prayer!

It's a bad as it sounds:(. I fear we are beyond even the power of prayer!

Sorry to hear that. Chin up, Ebers, there's always next time! :)

Perhaps Wales should come up with their own little dance routine for the next time they play?

Does anyone else find Black Friday sickening? We spend today giving thanks for what we have, but tomorrow (or later this evening?) many of us** will be stampeding through stores to fight each other over cheap garbage that we don't even need.

**Not me. I'm wearing my superior pants.

I'm mostly baffled by Black Friday. I do have to say that I did venture out on Friday in the late afternoon early evening because I had to go get milk and I needed some yarn for a baby shower gift I am working on. Why I chose to go to Michael's and Joann's that day I may never know, but it was an EXPERIENCE!

I will, unfortunately, have to shop between now and Christmas because of the way our budget works out this year and because I'll spend most of my time for the next three weeks with my head buried in student essays.

I'm mostly baffled by Black Friday. I do have to say that I did venture out on Friday in the late afternoon early evening because I had to go get milk and I needed some yarn for a baby shower gift I am working on. Why I chose to go to Michael's and Joann's that day I may never know, but it was an EXPERIENCE!

I will, unfortunately, have to shop between now and Christmas because of the way our budget works out this year and because I'll spend most of my time for the next three weeks with my head buried in student essays.
Same here, except I won't be buried in essays this semester because of small classes, lots of drops, and one class that doesn't require essays.

While I'm not a "gambler" and I won't spend more than about $4.00 in my quest, what I wouldn't give to win the powerball. $425M? Can't imagine.

Wait, I think I contradicted myself. I guess what I wouldn't give is $5.00!!

Sadly those fees don't immunise against bullying. One or two very high profile schools in that southern (Aus) state have had sad and damaging incidents as well in the last few years.

The schools I am referring to are boys only - so little miss puddle jumper would not be impacted by that - not going to mention names publicly - though I'm sure searching for bullying private schools Victoria would bring up all past news items.

Unfortunately bullying issues do occur and the perceived elite value or high fees paid won't offer protection more than the majority of other schools.

Educate yourself on techniques that you can pass on to little puddle jumper to protect her and avoid being a target. They will be values to take beyond school years. I don't have any immediate resources at hand - can find out.

Insisting on social engagement, team sporting activities or any group peer activity - theatre, dancing, choir etc is a great place to start.

If a school has a very high profile - I would imagine, if their image is being tarnished, they will make considerable efforts to rectify any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back