Over 50 Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all,

We finally have turned off the humidity here in Melbourne and things are on the cooler side. Leaves are falling except for our native trees. Easy way to tell the imports.

New couch arrived last week and it's so damn comfortable. First couch I've had to plug in. Not happy that the power board failed the day before it arrived. Hard to find a power board with the cord on the same axis as the pins, most are 90 degrees to the pins which makes for an issue if you have a power plug on the skirting board.

My knee is appreciating the electric foot rests also sitting a lot higher than the old couch. Still have the old couch, served me well for 23yrs, lasted longer than some marriages.

New couches are great especially when they are comfortable.
Happy napping & relaxing watching TV :)

You guys are all youngsters. I'm close to 71. Someone told me a long time ago, it's the altitude of your attitude. I hated her for saying that. Now I understand.

You guys are all youngsters. I'm close to 71. Someone told me a long time ago, it's the altitude of your attitude. I hated her for saying that. Now I understand.

I was always told its your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude

I'm 51 and forced into retirement. Its not all its cracked up to be. I actually miss working.

l wouldnt retire completely, :rolleyes: Just stop working long hrs.

So true, its all in the attitude. ;)

When I was in my late 40's didnt retire but I definitely cut back alot. Now that I am in my early 50's I'm glad I cut back..

I apologize, I jumped in without introducing myself.

I am TheOldWidow, recently moved to North Carolina, and widowed two years ago. I'm a yard/gardener/plant grower/fresh tomatoes fanatic. I walk a mean treadmill, enjoy going to the gym, love to travel, especially day trips and then why am I on Lit. I don't know. But I did come to meet a wide variety of people, and I have succeeded. Really nice people.

I missed Monday also, but hello all.

I missed part of yesterday. :eek: I laid down with an ice pack after some afternoon calls & typing.
Sadly I woke up 4 hours later. Late for my pain meds, shoulder throbbing & really hungry.
Thank God for frozen food & nuking. But sadly today I need to cook and restock the fast to nuke stuff.

Still Figuring It Out

Spend all your life running around leading a business and then in your late 50's you retire. Don't miss work but miss the excitement. Great - go out and find some passion. What you figure out is you are too old to be "Daddy" for the young ones and too old to be interesting for the Cougars. Harder to figure out how all this works than running a billion dollar business.

Spend all your life running around leading a business and then in your late 50's you retire. Don't miss work but miss the excitement. Great - go out and find some passion. What you figure out is you are too old to be "Daddy" for the young ones and too old to be interesting for the Cougars. Harder to figure out how all this works than running a billion dollar business.

I'm laughing, (but not at you) All that you talk about is out there, when you are ready it will cross your path. But it won't be at your previous "business busy pace". It will come quietly, and wait, for you to recognize it as an opportunity.

I sympathize with you. Multi tasking with important decisions coming at you at lightening speed is it's own addiction. If you find that you are restless with out this adrenalin, there are volunteer organizations that match mentors with struggling start-ups.

Your business acumen is more valuable than you know. Or, start your own consulting business.
Being retired from business, doesn't mean being retired from life; even if it seems like it is in the beginning.

My congratulations on your retirement. TheOldWidow

It's definitely a shock to realize how others see you. It's still startling when I pass a mirror to find out I'm not 30 yo and 114 lbs any more because that's what my brain says. My brain lies.

It's definitely a shock to realize how others see you. It's still startling when I pass a mirror to find out I'm not 30 yo and 114 lbs any more because that's what my brain says. My brain lies.
You should be excited that your brain still thinks that - when the mind is young the body will follow. And for us old guys you still look 30 and 114 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back