Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a very emotional person, she sparks a lot of emotion in me, and it was either cut her out or become a stalker. I think I made the right decision.

:eek: Definitely. Being a stalker must be very boring - all those nights hanging out in cold dark places and going through rubbish bins, or whatever.
:heart:

street_harassment12-512x1024.jpg

Spending time with trojans is far more fun when there's a hot guy involved and not a worthless PC. :rolleyes:

HP -- I always feel like if I'm not about to die after working out than I haven't been doing it properly.

Stella -- good one. I once tried to explain to my work mates (male) how it was to be groped on the crowded morning train ride almost every day. Just some random guy copping a feel. They didn't believe me until all the ladies in the office told them it was true. They were completely flabbergasted.

Naoko - :rose:

HP -- I always feel like if I'm not about to die after working out than I haven't been doing it properly.

Stella -- good one. I once tried to explain to my work mates (male) how it was to be groped on the crowded morning train ride almost every day. Just some random guy copping a feel. They didn't believe me until all the ladies in the office told them it was true. They were completely flabbergasted.

Naoko - :rose:

Disgusting behaviour. May even be worth a face full of high five.

"corpore" Just sayin'.

You know, I wondered about that. But I didn't know how to spell it.
[A healthy mind in a healthy body?]

Disgusting behaviour. May even be worth a face full of high five.

You know, I wondered about that. But I didn't know how to spell it.
[A healthy mind in a healthy body?]

In the words of that well-known Latin scholar, The Fonz, "Exactemundo..."

Local Plans

*****!

The whole purpose of a Council's local plan in England is to say to developers 'You can build here, or here, but NOT, NEVER, there."

Yet they are so full of local government speak that they become unintelligible and provide loopholes that the developers can drive a large truck through.

If they stuck to their function, they would meet the need. But they are so full of aspirations, unfunded commitments and wishful thinking that they are useless.

Over the next few months I will be trying to influence our local plan to become more realistic. I feel like Sisyphus, constantly trying to push a boulder uphill.

But if I don't try, there are very few others who will look beyond 'Does this affect me personally?'.

:mad:

*****!

The whole purpose of a Council's local plan in England is to say to developers 'You can build here, or here, but NOT, NEVER, there."

Yet they are so full of local government speak that they become unintelligible and provide loopholes that the developers can drive a large truck through.

If they stuck to their function, they would meet the need. But they are so full of aspirations, unfunded commitments and wishful thinking that they are useless.

Over the next few months I will be trying to influence our local plan to become more realistic. I feel like Sisyphus, constantly trying to push a boulder uphill.

But if I don't try, there are very few others who will look beyond 'Does this affect me personally?'.

A sad state of affairs, Ogg.
Best Wishes for your endeavours.

*****!

Please keep trying, Ogg. I know that councils have a stated purpose and what they actually do, which is often take care of the councillors and their cousins. So you are a Very Important Person making them stick to their proper purpose. Do Private Eye still have that Rotten Boroughs column? :rolleyes: I must start reading PI again. (Um, after I have read your stories, of course!)

:rose:

Freddie is still here, just using a female name now and keeping a low profile.

And Tio was in the Last thread a few minutes ago.

Ah, yes. I do know their whereabouts in Lit.:kiss: It's the real world that I miss. Haven't heard from either of them in awhile. You do realize that I sort of dated the infamous BOSTONFICTIONWRITER in real life, right? No details left here...

And, Tio? Not saying a word.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back