What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama’s Health Secretary Asked About Insurance Rates Skyrocketing By Up To 20%: “That’s Pretty Good News”…




Weren’t we told Obamacare would lower costs?


Secretary Sebelius refers to double digit increase in insurance rates a “pretty good news” (March 21, 2013)
 
Obama’s Health Secretary Asked About Insurance Rates Skyrocketing By Up To 20%: “That’s Pretty Good News”…




Weren’t we told Obamacare would lower costs?


Secretary Sebelius refers to double digit increase in insurance rates a “pretty good news” (March 21, 2013)


That's on individual plans that won't need to exist in a few months. Insurers lost the ability to refuse people with medical conditions and losing the ability to drop sick people which means their cost goes up. In the Republican Pledge to America, the GOP promised to implement these two mandates themselves but since Obama beat them to it, well they're attacking their very own Pledge and acting like they never made it.

Get back to me after the exchanges are up and running.
 
That's on individual plans that won't need to exist in a few months. Insurers lost the ability to refuse people with medical conditions and losing the ability to drop sick people which means their cost goes up. In the Republican Pledge to America, the GOP promised to implement these two mandates themselves but since Obama beat them to it, well they're attacking their very own Pledge and acting like they never made it.

Get back to me after the exchanges are up and running.

I know you think that at all costs YOU must protect and defend this TURD of a BILL

But as shown by all my shit I post

VIRTUALLY EVERYONE IS SEEING THE SHIT THAT IT IS AND TURNING AGAINST IT

and more will

in 2014
 
But keep the WH closed for LITTLE KIDS



Maybe we should send the KIDS to GITMO, would get better treatment there


Report: Obama Considering $150 Million Plan To Make Gitmo More Comfortable For Jihadist Detainees…




Rage factor +10.

Via NBC News:


The Pentagon is considering plans for a $150 million overhaul of the U.S. detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba — including building a new dining hall, hospital and barracks for the guards — as part of an ambitious project recommended by the top general in charge of its operations, officials tell NBC News.

The proposed spending spree comes amid mounting signs of unrest among Guantanamo detainees that lawyers say is threatening their lives. U.S. military officials confirmed Wednesday that the number of hunger strikers at Guantanamo has more than tripled in the last two weeks — from 7 to 25 — and that eight of them are being force fed through tubes. Defense lawyers said in a letter to Congress this week they have gotten reports that “over two dozen men have lost consciousness.”

U.S. military officials denied any lives were in danger but acknowledged that resistance and frustration among the detainees is growing, a development that a senior general said is because they are “devastated” that President Barack Obama’s pledge to shut down the facility has not been fulfilled.

“They had great optimism that Guantanamo would be closed,” said Gen. John Kelly, the commander of the U.S. Southern Command, when asked about the hunger strikes during testimony before the House Armed Services Committee. “They were devastated, apparently… when the president backed off — at least their perception — of closing the facility.
 
But keep the WH closed for LITTLE KIDS



Maybe we should send the KIDS to GITMO, would get better treatment there


Report: Obama Considering $150 Million Plan To Make Gitmo More Comfortable For Jihadist Detainees…




Rage factor +10.

Via NBC News:


The Pentagon is considering plans for a $150 million overhaul of the U.S. detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba — including building a new dining hall, hospital and barracks for the guards — as part of an ambitious project recommended by the top general in charge of its operations, officials tell NBC News.

The proposed spending spree comes amid mounting signs of unrest among Guantanamo detainees that lawyers say is threatening their lives. U.S. military officials confirmed Wednesday that the number of hunger strikers at Guantanamo has more than tripled in the last two weeks — from 7 to 25 — and that eight of them are being force fed through tubes. Defense lawyers said in a letter to Congress this week they have gotten reports that “over two dozen men have lost consciousness.”

U.S. military officials denied any lives were in danger but acknowledged that resistance and frustration among the detainees is growing, a development that a senior general said is because they are “devastated” that President Barack Obama’s pledge to shut down the facility has not been fulfilled.

“They had great optimism that Guantanamo would be closed,” said Gen. John Kelly, the commander of the U.S. Southern Command, when asked about the hunger strikes during testimony before the House Armed Services Committee. “They were devastated, apparently… when the president backed off — at least their perception — of closing the facility.

Have you seen Rob? :confused:

He is still posting in other threads but seems to have run away from my question. :eek:
 
Income Inequality Tends to Be Permanent

A study released Thursday at the Brookings Institution by a group of economists found that income inequality hasn’t just widened in recent decades but the gap appears to be permanent.

The economists, including two from the Federal Reserve Board, tracked the annual tax returns of 34,000 households from 1987 through 2009 and found a rise in “permanent inequality,” or high-earning Americans becoming better off while lower-wage workers became worse off. They found that income inequality is long-lasting and the gap isn’t just the result of short-term unemployment or other temporary issues among lower-wage earners.


So the entire idea - the entire concept the right wing is building their platform on - that poor Americans are just lazy and entitled and need to work harder - it’s completely untrue. This is why cutting programs for the poor while sustaining tax cuts for the wealthy (AKA the fiscal cliff and the sequester) is so abhorrent. There’s only the most infinitesimal chance that you will end up a self-made millionaire if you’re born poor.

Unless you’re ready to defend the idea that every single poor person in America just doesn’t want to work hard, supporting cutting aid in the name of “well it’s better for them because it gives them an incentive to work harder” is absolutely nonsensical.


http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2013/03/21/income-inequality-tends-to-be-permanent/
 
Ever-Growing Income Inequality Is Bad For Economic Recovery

The United States is a consumer economy, meaning that consumers are the ultimate drivers of the economy. This is part of why growing income inequality is such a problem; it’s also why asking the poor and middle class to shoulder the bulk of the nation’s tax burden is a problem. According to the Wall Street Journal’s blog, the expiration of the payroll tax holiday pulled $9 billion out of the economy by sending that money to the government, and caused consumers to cut back on their spending. Retail growth was only 0.1% in January, compared to the 0.7% seen in November and December.


http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/02/16/ever-growing-income-inequality-is-bad-for-economic-recovery/

Income inequality continues to grow in America and is basically permanent. And yet! The Paul Ryan budget - which balances the budget in 10 years mostly by slashing services for the poor and without increasing taxes on the wealthy or corporations - passed by two votes in the House today. Don’t worry too much about it; its prospects in the Senate aren’t great, and most analysts say his budget was more symbolic than practical. Still though. Passed in the House. Republicans think it’s fine to scapegoat the poor to pay for a war caused by Bush and a recession caused by predatory (and needless to say, incredibly wealthy) bankers. The poor can’t donate as much money to political campaigns, and most elections are won with money, so as long as we keep money in politics and Citizens United around, expect income inequality to continue to fester in America for decades to come.
 
Tee Hee, Da NIGGA gets economic info from ADDICTING INFO.....I guess his drug dealer was out for the nite so he scanned da internet

HI, NIGGA!

You mad, BRO?
 
Thx to NIGGER OM ICKS


no-child-left-a-dime.jpg
 
Senate GOP Bill To Force Obama And Biden Into Obamacare Exchanges…




Obama actually promised he would do so voluntarily prior to the bill being passed, obviously nobody believes him.

Via Health Watch:


Republican amendments to the Senate’s budget proposal would require President Obama and Vice President Biden to get their medical care through the new exchanges created by Obama’s signature healthcare law.

Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) both offered amendments to move the president and vice president into the healthcare law’s exchanges.

After the Affordable Care Act passed, the White House said Obama would enroll in an exchange once the time came in 2014. Collins and Ayotte’s amendments would require the president, the vice president and the Cabinet to put their premiums where their politics are.

Lawmakers and most of their staff members already have to purchase coverage through an exchange, thanks to a provision Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) added to the healthcare law.

But the White House and its staff aren’t covered by that provision. Some congressional leadership staffers also aren’t affected, and can remain in the healthcare exchange for federal employees.

All of the budget amendments are messaging documents — as is the budget itself. And there are a slew of proposals to repeal all or part of the Affordable Care Act.
 
There are still 7 NIGGERS left that support ObamaCare

6 of whom can be found on LIT


ObamaCare crashes down on another small business
ObamaCare crashes down on another small business


By: John Hayward
3/20/2013 03:59 PM



You could make a hobby of collecting these “My God, what have we done?” pieces from Left-media outlets, as the full devastation of ObamaCare comes crashing down on individuals and businesses across the country. The latest paper to peer into the eerie fog outside its bedroom window and see Barack Obama’s undead health care program floating outside and tapping on the glass is the New York Times, which on Wednesday published a “case study” of wholesale bakery in San Diego called Baked In the Sun:


THE CHALLENGE: The company is one of thousands of small businesses that employ more than 50 full-time employees and thus will be required to offer health insurance to their workers — or pay into a government fund — beginning Jan. 1. Rachel Shein and Steve Pilarski, the married owners of the bakery, which employs 95 people, estimate this could cost their business up to $108,000, and they are weighing their options as the date approaches. “Our revenues are about $8 million, but the food business is a low-margin industry so cutting $108,000 out of our profits, which are just over $200,000, is a big deal,” said Ms. Shein, who is the chief executive. They are evaluating different ways to comply with the new law and finance the expense.

Oh, is that all? Losing over half their profits to Obama’s health care agenda? That sure does sound like a bit of a “challenge,” by golly!

Why are the profits for these hard-working bakers so thin?


During the recession, the coffee shop business contracted so they found new customers among hotels and hospitals, but the cost of servicing different types of businesses and developing new products to meet their needs eroded profits. At the same time, gasoline and ingredient prices went up and vendors tightened payment terms. Still, the couple persevered by providing an array of freshly baked goods and offering product variety and consolidated delivery, simplifying things for their customers.

But none of that is the fault of Barack Obama or his policies, right? Endless semi-recessionary non-recovery, high unemployment, rising gas and food costs… why, if it wasn’t for that old devil George Bush, these folks would have plenty of money to pay for ObamaCare.

Later in the article, we learn that the owners of Baked In the Sun are still uncertain about how to deal with these costs, because so many delightful costs and regulations are yet to emerge from the pits of ObamaCare. They aren’t entirely sure how much the mandated insurance would cost, or if it would be cheaper to pay the $130,000 penalty the Supreme Court says is not a tax (except when it is) and dump their employees into the public exchanges, saving themselves an estimated $10,000 in administrative costs. Or maybe they’ll just cut and outsource 45 or 50 jobs to get themselves off the ObamaCare radar screen.

This all reads like a farce conservatives would have written pre-2009 to highlight the absurdity of Big Government. I don’t know that Hugo Chavez would have inflicted a plan like this on his enemies.

Keep this story in mind the next time you hear some snotty liberal whining that business owners should be able to pay ObamaCare’s freight out of their pocket change, without any talk of increased prices or staff cutbacks. Or maybe they’ll stick with the callous philosophy Hillary Clinton articulated in the 90s, when told that her disastrous health-care scheme would lead to small-business bankruptcies: “I can’t be held responsible for every under-capitalized small business in America.”
 
MOST of the real issues with ObamaCare are NOT readily obvious....YET

MOST of the HUGE $$$ increases wont come till 2014

But by now it is OBVIOUS TO ALL*, that it is a disaster and will get worse over time






*NIGGERCURRY et al excluded
 
Dems Against Terminating Federal Employees Who Owe Taxes....But of course:rolleyes:




One would think Dems would want that revenue


(Daily Caller) Citing figures indicating that more than 100,000 federal employees owe more than $1 billion in federal taxes, a House committee on Wednesday approved legislation that would require the firing of government workers who are “seriously tax delinquent.” (snip)

The Federal Employee Tax Accountability Act of 2013 requires the termination of employment for tax delinquent federal employees, while also prohibiting the hiring of new federal employees with a substantial amount of delinquent tax debt.

Well, it’s not like there is an agency responsible for dealing with collecting taxes.


Democrats on the committee opposed the bill. Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings, the ranking member on the committee, said the legislation “seeks to demonize federal employees rather than ensure their compliance with tax obligations.”

Yeah, he went all whiny bitch. Of course, what the legislation is really meant to do is not go after some low level worker, who will certainly engage the interest of the IRS, but the people who work for Congress, the White House, and are highly paid and in important positions.
 
With the Dow climbing near 10,000 again what's happened to all of the dire, end of the world ravings of our resident "conservative" economists?

Where is all of this inflation we were warned about? According to reports the Consumer Price Index is down 1.5% overall from last year. Despite Augusts increase in prices, gasoline is still down 30% from the high a year ago.

Despite the dire warnings of some of Lit's resident math wizards the Chinese are still very much interested in buying US Treasury securities.

I guess the sky isn't falling after all. :cool:

Cartoon-2.png
 
(edited)
Report: Obama Considering $150 Million Plan To Make Gitmo More Comfortable For Jihadist Detainees…




Rage factor +10.

Via NBC News:


The Pentagon is considering plans for a $150 million overhaul of the U.S. detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba — including building a new dining hall, hospital and barracks for the guards — as part of an ambitious project recommended by the top general in charge of its operations, officials tell NBC News.
DUMMY!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top