Rosacea Products That Actually Work?

LaOrca

Really Experienced
Joined
Apr 2, 2013
Posts
118
I admit, I've been very lucky with my rosacea diagnosis since my 20s. It's stayed quite mild and no one seems to notice it. However, mild as it may be, when the mineral powder comes off I see it. I've tried many products over the years and the one that "wows" me most is Bare Minerals skincare. That being said, there are a few creams and/or serums that look promising (?) but before I shell out more money, I'd like to know if anyone has encountered any great products?
In the past, the dermatologist but me on topical creams but those made matters worse. One in particular dried my already super sensitive skin out and it burned. The oral antibiotics gave me lots of vaginal dryness. My skin is a dry/oily combination.
There is a Revitol cream that is supposed to be good but is quite pricey for a month supply. I'm also looking at a serum by Rosadyn. Any thoughts?
 
Do you use any skincare? What types/brands? (Not makeup like your baremineral powder, but actual skincare.)

You mention having dry/oilyskin, now those two things can happen together, but often people who deal with excessive oil have dehydrated skin. For the difference between dry and dehydrated this article is pretty good.

http://www.dermalogica.com/is-my-sk.../is-my-skin-dry-or-dehydrated,default,pg.html

I don't have rosacea, but my mother and a few of my friends do to a mild extent. There are some topical things you can use that might help calm redness, but a lot of the best options IMO are prescription if it is severe enough. A lot of those are a bit harsh, and if you aren't taking care of your skin its going to make other things worse, like burning you mention.

I would recommend really focusing on skincare first (if you aren't already) and see where that gets you. I have fallen in love with asian beauty products in the last year and have seen a HUGE difference in my skin... and adding them into your routine doesn't mean you need a million steps either. No matter what brand you use, you may find that taking care of your skin and maintaining your moisture barrier makes a big difference alone. I struggled with severe acne for about 10 years and oiliness forever and it has made a tremendous difference in how oily my skin appears.

One of the important things for rosacea would be sunscreen if you aren't already using it daily. Other things that may help with improvement is ceramides and snail mucin, since they can sometimes help with moisture and or calm the skin.
 
Back
Top