Voila

NOIRTRASH

Literotica Guru
I accomplished what I believe is the core effect of noir composition, amnesia. The very best noir writers make their wares forgettable so readers can enjoy the books again and again. The effect is a fugue-like organization where themes are repeated and then played together but not in a choir. The musical effect is difficult to remember but delightful.

The very best noir writers make their wares forgettable so readers can enjoy the books again and again. The effect is a fugue-like organization where themes are repeated and then played together but not in a choir. The musical effect is difficult to remember but delightful.

I think that you may be on to something, James. :)

I think that you may be on to something, James. :)

I think so too. I'm not musically inclined. I never listen to music on purpose. So the fugue tutorial was entertaining and enlightening for me. I could immediately see the point JBJ made. Noir is forgettable, but engaging. When you're reading, you constantly anticipate certain patterns. There's delight when you recognize them.

I wonder if it isn't true of most "pure" genre.

Anyway, interesting insight. Worth exploring.

rj

I think so too. I'm not musically inclined. I never listen to music on purpose. So the fugue tutorial was entertaining and enlightening for me. I could immediately see the point JBJ made. Noir is forgettable, but engaging. When you're reading, you constantly anticipate certain patterns. There's delight when you recognize them.

I wonder if it isn't true of most "pure" genre.

Anyway, interesting insight. Worth exploring.

rj

The whole idea of fugue is to create harmony from the same material, in music that's melodic or lyrical subjects juxtaposed to express the harmony. in film its the subject actions that express the harmony. In erotica it might result from a three-some. Lets see if it works for painting.

The-Gulf-Stream-by-Winslow-Homer.jpg

THE GULF STREAM by Winslow Homer. A 4 part fugue in oil. The subject is peril: sharks, waterspout, the mans boat, and the ship on the horizon.

Last edited:
Fugue creates harmony

har·mo·ny

/ˈhärmənē/

noun

noun: harmony; plural noun: harmonies

the combination of simultaneously sounded musical notes to produce chords and chord progressions having a pleasing effect.

con·gru·ence

/kənˈɡro͞oəns,ˈkäNGɡro͞oəns/

noun

noun: congruence; plural noun: congruences

agreement or harmony; compatibility.
"the results show quite good congruence with recent studies"

synonyms: compatibility, consistency, conformity, match, balance, consonance, congruity

Harmonious and congruence are kissin cousins

Fugue in writing.

In POOL PARTY 3 wives get together for some fun in the pool and some lesbian action erupts but soon they are joined by their husbands black boss who makes deposits the wives share orally then theyre joined by the boss's black friends who make more contributions to the party.

So yesterday I fell over a video of Super Brainiac Gerald M. Edelman MD PhD taking viewers for a tour of his research center. As smarts go Edelman was ranked #3 below PILOT and God. But what stunned me was when he characterized the architecture as FUGUE.

Back