Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Editor's Forum

Old 09-25-2015, 11:05 PM   #626
nymph817

Post your mood in here is it ?

I'm reminded of what Gurney Halleck said to Paul Atreides in DUNE, "Mood's a thing for cattle and loveplay."

And - perhaps it is. Can't say I've seen too many moody cattle recently, but yes - love, love is definitely the fuel of moods - and all the emotions tied with them.

Interest, curiosity, attraction, lust, arousal, desire, admiration, gratitude, elation.

And yet one person can stand between two, the iron nail if you will, and with sparks flying, truly divide their perfection asunder.

Anger, rage, frustration, shame, hatred, belligerence, vengeance.

Who, me ? I always bring popcorn to such affairs.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:44 AM   #627
Evol_Kard
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post

Also, it's not "me and my friend" debating. It's "my friend and I." Others go first in this construction, and you wouldn't say "me am debating," would you? You'd say "I am debating"
I've heard ''me & my friend'' used many times in real life & never heard ''my friend & I'' used, sometimes grammar has to step aside for realism.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:34 AM   #628
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evol_Kard View Post
I've heard ''me & my friend'' used many times in real life & never heard ''my friend & I'' used, sometimes grammar has to step aside for realism.
Not and make anyone believe you are an educated person. This is a classic way of identifying someone who was on their cell phone rather than listening in high school English class.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #629
Tigersman
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
Not and make anyone believe you are an educated person. This is a classic way of identifying someone who was on their cell phone rather than listening in high school English class.
You have no idea how many times I have corrected this very thing. I think some of the authors must have been asleep in English class when this was taught.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:16 PM   #630
Heliopheres
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigersman View Post
You have no idea how many times I have corrected this very thing. I think some of the authors must have been asleep in English class when this was taught.
In German we have a saying "Der Esel nennt sich selbst zuerst", meaning that only a dumb person would call themself first. Some of my Anglophone friends already call me a grammar nazi. lol

Old 11-10-2016, 05:40 AM   #631
BeetleBonnet
Really Experienced

Scammers?

Hi there
I have had request to edit/correct a love letter which I find a bit strange, has anyone else had a similar request and is there scammers trying to use our talents?

Old 11-14-2016, 01:02 AM   #632
oldnakeddad
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evol_Kard View Post
Just because people choose to speak incorrectly most of the time (myself included more than I care to admit) does not mean it's correct nor does it mean correct grammar must step aside as if it doesn't exist. When incorrect: grammar (me & my friend, etc.); spelling (luv, etc.) and word usage (to for two, your for you're, etc.) are excessively used, it gives the impression that the person is illiterate/uneducated which, in most cases, is not true. Most people go to school. I won't believe that schools teach improper spelling, grammar and word usage but I do believe each person makes his/her own choice to/not to use their knowledge. Unfortunately, much of the decision used is due to peer pressure...to be part of the crowd.

Last edited by oldnakeddad : 11-14-2016 at 01:07 AM.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:05 AM   #633
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

I use the "me and my friend" and "my friend and I" differing usage to determine if someone is literate or not. I don't see grammar changing for changing times on this but I do see an increasing number of people who basically aren't literate.