The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 03: Come On In

OK, tech problem here.

I clicked on quote for Lynn's 0835. The quote which came up was HP's 0745. Tried it several times, same-same.

WOW!!!

I take the morning off and wham, we're all shiny and new. Well, the thread is anyway. I'm the same old rusty and dusty.

Fresh paint and it looks like someone even mopped the floors. At least they left the coffee pots alone. I hate breaking in new pots. That seasoning makes the coffee.

Okay, fresh coffee and kettle for the evening crew.

WOW!!!

I take the morning off and wham, we're all shiny and new. Well, the thread is anyway. I'm the same old rusty and dusty.

Fresh paint and it looks like someone even mopped the floors. At least they left the coffee pots alone. I hate breaking in new pots. That seasoning makes the coffee.

Okay, fresh coffee and kettle for the evening crew.

Well, the kettle did it's stuff with the tea, thanks.

Smells better, too. I guess he finally got rid of the troll in the basement.

Poor Xander. I hope he found a nice basement somewhere else. Me, I'm sitting at the airport. Mr Chloe was supposed to fly out this afternoon to Austin for a 5 day conference. Mr. Chloe called an hour ago and said flight cancelled, come pick me up except here I am and he's still stuck inside departures on the wrong side of security trying to escape. Cancelled due to weather. New flight at 6am tomorrow so an early morning drive .... nothing new there. But the bonus is someone snuggly for another night.

Poor Xander. I hope he found a nice basement somewhere else. Me, I'm sitting at the airport. Mr Chloe was supposed to fly out this afternoon to Austin for a 5 day conference. Mr. Chloe called an hour ago and said flight cancelled, come pick me up except here I am and he's still stuck inside departures on the wrong side of security trying to escape. Cancelled due to weather. New flight at 6am tomorrow so an early morning drive .... nothing new there. But the bonus is someone snuggly for another night.

As long as asshole took the smell with him, I'm satisfied.

Yeah, Austin has been stormy most of last night and all of today so far. Lots of wind. It's all headed my direction. Luckily, I have the Lake Shield that diverts most of it around me. One of the perks of living on dry land in the middle of a large lake. :)

Luckily, I have the Lake Shield that diverts most of it around me. One of the perks of living on dry land in the middle of a large lake. :)

Yeah, I have the big desert for that. Mostly it works very well.

Ranting

Greetings and salutations all,

I am new to lit. and new to writing stories. Most of my work in the past has been in poetry. I am enjoying the new experience though, and have found lit. to be a good place to work on my skills, to train. I am constantly looking for feedback now, sadly my stories have yet to be posted... If anyone would be willing to take a look and offer some feedback I would be very grateful. I figured a place like this would be a good place to start. I can PM a story or post in thread if that isn't frowned upon? I am still learning the ways of lit. and forums in general, I've never been one to post or even read forums. Thank you for any advice, interest, counsel, or constructive criticism that you may offer.

Hey - the magic, magic eyes didn't go entirely away!

And the week seems a little warmer...

Awww, thanks. That made me feel good to see.

I am new to lit. and new to writing stories. Most of my work in the past has been in poetry. I am enjoying the new experience though, and have found lit. to be a good place to work on my skills, to train. I am constantly looking for feedback now, sadly my stories have yet to be posted... If anyone would be willing to take a look and offer some feedback I would be very grateful. I figured a place like this would be a good place to start. I can PM a story or post in thread if that isn't frowned upon? I am still learning the ways of lit. and forums in general, I've never been one to post or even read forums. Thank you for any advice, interest, counsel, or constructive criticism that you may offer.

Welcome. :rose:

Welcome to Lit. This can be a good place to work on your skills. Do you know why your stories haven't been posted? How long have they been pending?

This isn't where writers usually go for feedback. There is a separate forum where writers ask for feedback on unpublished stories. It is the Editor's Forum here. Ask for a beta reader (not an editor) and tell them the category the story would go into, the length of the story in words, and a little about the story and what you want.

I won't make any promises, but if you PM me the details you would offer for a beta reader, then we can work out how to send the story and I'll consider reading and commenting.

Thanks for the welcome NotWise,

It's listed as a draft now, and has probably been in that status for close to a week now. Is draft sort of accepted?

I didn't know I was in the wrong place, oops. What does happen here? Are you all authors? I'm grateful for letting me know where to find feedback.

I appreciate your consideration in possibly taking a look at my work, I will send you that PM, no expectations, I know how much work it can be to critique someones work.

Gabriel9876

It's listed as a draft now, and has probably been in that status for close to a week now. Is draft sort of accepted?

I didn't know I was in the wrong place, oops. What does happen here? Are you all authors? I'm grateful for letting me know where to find feedback.

Gabriel9876

Hi and welcome to Literotica. You may not have come to the right thread for feedback but you came to the best place possible to meet other Literotica authors, chat, ask questions and advice and drink great coffee. Tex is a great host and the rest of us can be entertaining. Most of the time. So stick around, ask questions, chat, enjoy and talk about writing and stuff.

Browse through a few threads in the Authors Hangout and you'll soon get a good idea of what this place is all about. And there's a few people here who've been on Literotica since time immemorial and they know everything.....so don't be shy about asking. It can save you a lot of time and confusion, coz Literotica is an old site with old software and some of the ways things are done can be puzzling.

A week in pending is a bit long but for a first time poster it's okay. Give it a few more days and if it's still pending ask again and you'll get instructions on what to do. And is it draft or pending. If it's draft you haven't submitted it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome NotWise,

I appreciate your consideration in possibly taking a look at my work, I will send you that PM, no expectations, I know how much work it can be to critique someones work.

Gabriel9876

If it's still as a draft then it hasn't been submitted for publication. You need to go back to the submission form, review the story and click on "submit" button (or something like that) at the end of the form. Lot's of people miss that step. It will take a few days after that before it's published or bounced back to you with a comment. First-time authors sometimes receive a lengthier review than others.

This is the author's hangout, so we're mostly authors. This particular thread is for chit-chat, but ventures at times into serious topics, like jon boat construction.

Thanks for the welcome ChloeTzang,

I think I will stick around! Tex I hear the coffee here comes black, hot, and aplenty! I think I'll have a cup. For the record, I like my women like I like my coffee... in a Styrofoam cup. Nothing like opening with a bad joke! How long have you all been authoring? Is it still exhilarating? I find it so easy to get lost in my writing when I hit a good vein, it is so fun, just pure joy.

Gabriel9876

Once your story is posted, start a new thread in the Feedback Forum, here:

http://forum.literotica.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Remember to add a link to your story, and drop a short note as to the Category.

There are a bunch of regulars over there who will probably take a look, leave you some kind or unkind words.

The Editor Forum NotWise mentioned is more for folk seeking assistance before a story gets submitted.

Thanks Electricblue,

I think I'll have to use both links from now on, get that poke on how to change things up a little before posting and then see if I get ripped to shreds after its up, heh. Either way it should be fun!

Gabriel9876

Welcome to the coffee shop and the AH in general, Gabriel.

Uh, just out of curiosity, how friggin' big are the Styrofoam cups where you come from? :eek:

Like Notwise said, if it is still in draft, you haven't finished the submission process yet. Now might be a good time to save a copy to your hard drive, check over at the editors forum for a beta reader or two and then submit the story.

Evening all, fresh coffee for the late night crew is now available.

Thanks Tx,

Cups around here come in all kinds of shapes, sizes, and flavors... wait, are we still talking about styrofoam cups? I will do that, would be nice to see what kind of feedback I might get moving forward. Thanks for the coffee and the advice!

Gabriel9876

Welcome, Gabriel. I don't think there's any rule about what kind of cup you should drink your coffee from here. But the lacier ones tend to let the coffee cool quicker. And try not to chomp down on the underwires. :)

Ty Sam,

That is good advice for anyone drinking coffee just about anywhere, definitely want to keep my teeth intact, hehe. i love your quote by the way.

Gabriel

Coffee cups

I, or rather we have numerous.

To make our coffee, we have an aging filter coffee machine which is used mostly these days for social gatherings, entertaining. But we also have a kitchen aid espresso machine.

No instant or capsule coffee here, those capsules are so environmentally unfriendly whilst used coffee beans make excellent compost.

I also drink a lot of my coffee black and have several 'cafitieres in a mug'

71KZj9TT48L._SL1500_.jpg

and
cafetiere-thermal-mug.jpg

Both are essential when travelling/camping especially with a JetBoil

Please; not such big images, huh ?
It screws up a screen like no tomorrow!

Now then, where's the coffee ?

Back