A big time lit theif. Recognize yours or others?

lovecraft68

Bad Doggie
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Posts
42,028
I was contacted by Smashwords on Thursday night about a customer purchasing a book they said was also under my name. I have the original by three years. I also showed them the lit link as a version of it is still here.

They just got back to me today and said that author has many books that matched searches done on google with literotica stories. This person is changing the title and taking a minute to use find replace on the names then tossing it up there.

They said they are going to seek permission from the higher ups to ban her account.

But she is also on Amazon with quite a few books (including mine which is incest meaning it is a double violation there) and others.

Here is their SW page for as long as it remains

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/mischievousslave

many have no covers and the descriptions are purposefully vague. If something seems familiar download the sample.

This is my lit story

http://www.literotica.com/s/an-anniversary-to-remember-ch-01

this is "her book"

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/380317

Paul becomes Patrick:rolleyes:

If you see any that are yours or you know the author contact SW or the lit author and here is her amazon link. I noticed another author's book there and they have already filed a complain with amazon the more who complain the better.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_ath...&search-alias=digital-text&sort=relevancerank

The shame is? This person was well known here at one point and I think when people click the link they will know who they are.

I'm especially ticked because at one point her and I spoke quite a bit through e-mail and even on the phone about publishing and writing. They knew that was my story they were taking.

Sad it has to be like this.
 
Busy little lady with a lot of gall. She's public enough on the Internet that I'd think those she's ripped off could do a real job on her across the electronic spectrum.
 
Find out if any of those books are Selena Kitts'. If so, Selena has the public persona in erotica to run her through the ringer.
 
Busy little lady with a lot of gall. She's public enough on the Internet that I'd think those she's ripped off could do a real job on her across the electronic spectrum.

You're right and I can't say I'm not tempted, but will leave it at just reporting the books and letting the sites police her. She is going to lose a lot out of this, I don't need to get crazy with it.

I'm only doing this out of fairness to other authors here who have been rooked.
 
Find out if any of those books are Selena Kitts'. If so, Selena has the public persona in erotica to run her through the ringer.

Send the link to her. The problem is she changes the titles and her descriptions are very vague(wonder why?) so it would take doing the "look inside" on every one to identify it.

Or spending a lot of time on one of those plagiarism checkers on google.
 
Seems a number of the "sneak peeks" are primarily a "copyright statement" and sometimes a coming soon statement, preventing you from seeing some of the stories at all.
 
Seems a number of the "sneak peeks" are primarily a "copyright statement" and sometimes a coming soon statement, preventing you from seeing some of the stories at all.

And there are lots of short story collections with no table of contents.

If all that is stolen, it's just . . . breathtaking. Nineteen pages of copyright violations.
 
Seems a number of the "sneak peeks" are primarily a "copyright statement" and sometimes a coming soon statement, preventing you from seeing some of the stories at all.

On amazon? You should be able to see some of the story

On smashwords you can down load at least 10%

between the vague descriptions and the name changes she was hoping to slip being found, she has no idea how good some of the plagiarism tools are. And that little copyright statement is a joke they will pay no mind to it.

But end of the day I only found this because someone who either bought my book ro read it on lit noticed she had my story and cared enough to report it so I and many will owe that person a big thanks.
 
And there are lots of short story collections with no table of contents.

If all that is stolen, it's just . . . breathtaking. Nineteen pages of copyright violations.

Some are hers she wrote here for awhile. My thought is if she went so far to chnage names and titles my thought would be she only lifted one or two per author to spread it around.

I have to go out tonight, but my wife is going to try to work her way through amazon's list and see if she sees more of mine or recognizes others, she's been reading here for five years she will post here is she finds them.
 
Seems a number of the "sneak peeks" are primarily a "copyright statement" and sometimes a coming soon statement, preventing you from seeing some of the stories at all.

You're right I tried to look at 4 and she is taking up so much with her BS you see no story. Now it would take checking the SW ones that are also on amazon
 
First two pages are a ton of non con and bdsm. all have one sentence descriptions, she knew exactly what she was doing and the names are changed. Ridiculous people have to be this way.
 
The Amazon search facility isn't good enough to let you find stories. I tried to turn up yours that way, LC, and couldn't get it.

But you can do it the other way around. I opened a random book, "Erotica Collection #10," chose a phrase from the first page that didn't have any names in it, and searched on Google:

site:literotica.com doorway opposite the velvet curtains

Turned up "Valentine's Day Shopping Trip" by pilot63 (an unprolific author who was active only briefly), published 1/20/11 on Literotica:

http://www.literotica.com/s/valentines-day-shopping-trip

It looks identical except that the names have been changed.

Amazing.
 
What is scary to me is I found her listed as a volunteer editor on this site and sent her a story. She was terrible as an editor. She tried to convince me to break grammar rules to develop my own 'style'. She also tried to introduce me to BDSM. She never provided finished editing work.

I remember she directed me to her "Breaking Taylor" novel and I found her own writing horrible and disjointed. On the list of Smashword books, the Breaking Taylor series are the oldest books and the only long ones. Suddenly she is publishing many 'books' every week and some are just 1000 words. Lifted from here? I'm not an investigator but that sure quacks like a duck.
 
Last edited:
What is scary to me is I found her listed as a volunteer editor on this site and sent her a story. She was terrible as an editor. She tried to convince me to break grammar rules to develop my own 'style'. She also tried to introduce me to BDSM. She never provided finished editing work.

I remember she directed me to her "Breaking Taylor" novel and I found her own writing horrible and disjointed. On the list of Smashword books, the Breaking Taylor series are the oldest books and the only long ones. Suddenly she is publishing many 'books' every week and some are just 1000 words. Lifted from here? I'm not an investigator but that sure quacks like a duck.

Oh man. I have a copy of "Breaking Taylor." I remember my email conversation with this woman but not her name or even why we were communicating or why she sent me the story. I never sent her anything that I can recall and I had no interest in reading her story (writing quality aside) simply because the subject matter didn't interest me.

I do hope someone gets her to stop.
 
She undoubtedly has already made enough money to make it financially worthwhile. But she has a blog and a Facebook page. The Facebook page undoubtedly has a bunch of friends and fans. Even if it's a fake page she could be embarrassed by being questioned there about stealing stories.

If enough authors identify their works as stolen, Smashwords could be embarrassed enough on the Internet to make a few waves of its own. I leave any of this, though, to those affected who want to put their time into playing Wack-a-Mole.
 
She's been wiped off of Smashwords, but still has a page at Facebook. There may still be time to ask her "the question" about theft there before it disappears too (no friends listed on the page, unfortunately). She's still listed on Amazon.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/EF-Turner-Novels/606611582699856

Edited to remove erroneous claim about her Facebook activity.

I remember something else about E.T. A few months back, I was getting weekly emails from her to join Twitter. I ignored them until I realized they wouldn't stop so I followed an unsubscribe link in the emails.
 
The page isnt there anymore that I can see

The Facebook page is there; at least I was able to connect to it. If someone could specifically say that X book of hers is their book with links or something to prove it, that might help although she can probably delete the post or block it. But someone might see it and call her on it.
 
Edited to remove erroneous claim about her Facebook activity.

I remember something else about E.T. A few months back, I was getting weekly emails from her to join Twitter. I ignored them until I realized they wouldn't stop so I followed an unsubscribe link in the emails.

What was erroneous about what I posted? The page is still on Facebook. It also leads to a more personal page at https://www.facebook.com/mischievousslave
 
No pilot, I made an erroneous claim about her not posting on Facebook in over a year, then I discovered she had.
 
She Edited a couple of stories for me. Blah what a creep.
 
I'm no techie and I have enough trouble navigating web sites I frequent without trying to investigate her thievery on the wild web world. I'll leave that to my husband. I tried looking at some of her smashword listings (before they disappeared) and found the 10% previews led to nothing but title pages and disclaimers. How can the contents of small works be searched without buying books and making money for her?

I noticed her Facebook page touted (16?) "Collections of Erotica" that are available only on Amazon. How can anyone make certain there aren't dozens of stolen stories buried in them? Can all her published be taken down at Amazon like at smashwords?
 
Not for nothing, but this is one of the reasons why I am hesitant to send a new script out to someone to edit. Before it ever goes to posting here, the editor could send it to their Printer for distribution which means they would get the drop on you, prior to you posting it anywhere. In any court case, they would tend to decide in favor of whoever posts it first.

I highly doubt someone would copy one of MY stories, but you never know...

I wish Lit had some way to post it to the system but with limited viewing. Then the writer can contact an editor and the editor would have to receive the document via the system, instead of using the "trust" system. At least making a paper trail to forestall what I described possibly happening. Then, after the editor and writer have solidified any changes, the changes can be made by updating the file and posting the story for all to see.
 
When they were posting to the EF, I removed their e-mail address several times a day. If I remember right, Laurel gave them a warning as well. They always seemed shady but I couldn't prove anything.

ETA: Her Lit profile gives the same e-mail address as her FB page does.

turner28
 
Last edited:
Back
Top