Obama Tries To Soothe Racial Tensions After Charleston Shooting… Just Kidding, He Use

Busybody

We are ALL BUSYBODY!
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Posts
55,323
Obama Tries To Soothe Racial Tensions After Charleston Shooting… Just Kidding, He Uses Word “N*gger” During Interview…

While condemning America for having “slavery and Jim Crow” that will always be “part of our DNA that’s passed down.”

U.S. President Barack Obama greets Reverend Al Sharpton before addressing the audience at the National Action Network's 20th annual Keepers of the Dream Awards gala in New York

Alternate headline: Obama hits new low, keeps digging.

Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama used the n-word to make a point about the reality of racism in America during an interview released Monday with comedian Marc Maron.

Obama weighed in for the podcast “WTF with Marc Maron” on the national debate on race relations and gun control that has been reignited after the Charleston shooting at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church.

Obama said that progress on race relations has been made, citing his own experience as a young man who was born to a white mother and an African father.

“I always tell young people, in particular, do not say that nothing has changed when it comes to race in America, unless you’ve lived through being a black man in the 1950s or ’60s or ’70s. It is incontrovertible that race relations have improved significantly during my lifetime and yours,” Obama said.

But he added that “the legacy of slavery, Jim Crow, discrimination” exists in institutions and casts “a long shadow and that’s still part of our DNA that’s passed on.”

Obama used the N-word and explained that the absence of racist language does not mean that racism doesn’t exist.

“Racism, we are not cured of it. And it’s not just a matter of it not being polite to say nigger in public,” Obama said. “That’s not the measure of whether racism still exists or not. It’s not just a matter of overt discrimination. Societies don’t, overnight, completely erase everything that happened 200 to 300 years prior.”
 
Back
Top