The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... here's a clip from Duck Soup.

In a Johns Hopkins clinical study, 60 percent of participants found it "amusing" or "somewhat amusing."
Though I claim to have a sense of humor, for some reason, the Marx Brothers, either together or separately, never did much for me, especially in scripted (or semi-scripted) movies. Groucho occasionally got a chuckle from me on his "live" television shows, but never anything even resembling a guffaw. Dunno. They just weren't my cup o' tea.

(Semi-)Current offerings that do get laughs from me (in no particular order) include: Blue Collar Comedy Tour (yes, I know it's been over for several years; that's why I included the "(Semi-)" starting this paragraph); 2 Broke Girls; The Big Bang Theory; Two and a Half Men (though not as much as with Charlie Sheen); How I Met Your Mother; and to a lesser degree, Mike and Molly, though when I let myself start watching it, it's almost impossible to get up and leave until it's over.

I think network execs would be doing themselves - and the nation - a huge favor if they scheduled more *good* comedies - ones that presume a certain degree of intelligence from the viewers, rather than *lack* of intelligence (e.g., BBT, 2BG) - in the time period from the end of the Christmas offerings until spring has truly hit the Upper Midwest (i.e., May 15th or even a little later).

Consider the postulations above, and the examples provided, and either ratify or dispute the theorem.

And if I got the terminology a little off, forgive me - it's been almost half a century since I took a math class of any kind. :p

Though I claim to have a sense of humor, for some reason, the Marx Brothers, either together or separately, never did much for me, especially in scripted (or semi-scripted) movies. Groucho occasionally got a chuckle from me on his "live" television shows, but never anything even resembling a guffaw. Dunno. They just weren't my cup o' tea.

(Semi-)Current offerings that do get laughs from me (in no particular order) include: Blue Collar Comedy Tour (yes, I know it's been over for several years; that's why I included the "(Semi-)" starting this paragraph); 2 Broke Girls; The Big Bang Theory; Two and a Half Men (though not as much as with Charlie Sheen); How I Met Your Mother; and to a lesser degree, Mike and Molly, though when I let myself start watching it, it's almost impossible to get up and leave until it's over.

I think network execs would be doing themselves - and the nation - a huge favor if they scheduled more *good* comedies - ones that presume a certain degree of intelligence from the viewers, rather than *lack* of intelligence (e.g., BBT, 2BG) - in the time period from the end of the Christmas offerings until spring has truly hit the Upper Midwest (i.e., May 15th or even a little later).

Consider the postulations above, and the examples provided, and either ratify or dispute the theorem.

And if I got the terminology a little off, forgive me - it's been almost half a century since I took a math class of any kind. :p

I think we may need a "what comedians/movies/TV shows amuse you" thread...

Hugs and kisses for all my needing lovelies. :kiss: :kiss:

Finally a day to work on stuff I've been wanting to, and no work or school to get in the way.

Though, I really should do some homework, and I have posters to make for work, but I don't care. It's a wenchie day.

J always gives me the most perfect (pre-) birthday surprises: Body Worlds. It was awesome. Kinda icky, but awesome and interesting.

I also can't believe he remembered that I wanted to go see the exhibition because even I didn't remember! I noticed last year that the exhibition is coming to Finland and mentioned it to him in passing, and had since completely forgotten about it. But he hadn't. :)

Hugs and kisses for all my needing lovelies. :kiss: :kiss:

Finally a day to work on stuff I've been wanting to, and no work or school to get in the way.

Though, I really should do some homework, and I have posters to make for work, but I don't care. It's a wenchie day.
There is always some should there in the background but sometimes it's a good idea to think about Jack Nicholson writing "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" and take a day or a few off.
I'm going to work stupidly long hours today, so I can take a long week end with the family.

There is always some should there in the background but sometimes it's a good idea to think about Jack Nicholson writing "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" and take a day or a few off.
I'm going to work stupidly long hours today, so I can take a long week end with the family.

I haven't been forcing myself to do anything today. Well except eat what I cooked before ordering in. The salsa chicken turned out lovely, but just not what I'm craving. Junk food is addicting I swear it!

I have nearly finished something really cool, but I'm bored with it, so I'm watching movies instead. I would like to get at least one more blog post done this month, but again, I'm not forcing myself.

I need to rest sometimes. I just have to face up to that.

I got topped by three women, one after the other last night-- I feel sooo much yummier!

It's good to be greedy. :cattail:

those better be tootsie rolls you're throwing at me!

Ever have one of those days when you're pretty sure your body is simply falling apart (SW, you're not eligible for this one)? Yesterday I saw my doc about the laryngitis that has been persisting since the first of the month. He gave me a scrip for some antibiotics and said, "Take 20 of these and call me in the morning." Then he said, "I'm not completely happy with the CT-Scan of the cyst in your brain that they found in December. I want an MRI image of it to know what's wrong with your brain." Just like that. No conditional "might be wrong with" in there at all.

I think he's been talking to my wife. Or posting here. How else would he know there's something wrong with my brain?

And then this morning the chiropractor had to back up in the treatment of my knee because my pain scores went up this week.

Somehow I don't think CinC will have a twigs and berries remedy for this complex of ailments.

Ever have one of those days when you're pretty sure your body is simply falling apart (SW, you're not eligible for this one)? Yesterday I saw my doc about the laryngitis that has been persisting since the first of the month. He gave me a scrip for some antibiotics and said, "Take 20 of these and call me in the morning." Then he said, "I'm not completely happy with the CT-Scan of the cyst in your brain that they found in December. I want an MRI image of it to know what's wrong with your brain." Just like that. No conditional "might be wrong with" in there at all.

I think he's been talking to my wife. Or posting here. How else would he know there's something wrong with my brain?

And then this morning the chiropractor had to back up in the treatment of my knee because my pain scores went up this week.

Somehow I don't think CinC will have a twigs and berries remedy for this complex of ailments.
Ah, fuck.

Shall we start a brain *thang* support group?

Ah, fuck.

Shall we start a brain *thang* support group?

Maybe we should. This thing I have is a type that's generally benign but I guess the doc just wants to be sure. Or maybe he hadn't met his quota of expensive tests ordered this month. Honestly, I kind of hope it's the latter.

What the Zorch?!

Ok first, Huge I'm-sure-it-will-be-OK HUG.

Then, um... *Cracks her knuckles and punctuates each word with neck pop*
Why don't you stop by my office with your twig and berries kneeds and I will SHOW you the new remedies I have been working on in class. The things I can do now to sore leg hinges may just make your patella blush.

*squints and glares at your over crowded headspace*

What the Zorch?!

Ok first, Huge I'm-sure-it-will-be-OK HUG.

Then, um... *Cracks her knuckles and punctuates each word with neck pop*
Why don't you stop by my office with your twig and berries kneeds and I will SHOW you the new remedies I have been working on in class. The things I can do now to sore leg hinges may just make your patella blush.

*squints and glares at your over crowded headspace*

Thanks for the hug. Actually, the mention of twigs and berries was more about the invitation to get my brain scanned. I doubt if drinking tea is going to be much help on this one.

Would gladly subject my ailing leg hinge to your attention...though I suspect other attentions might be difficult to avoid.

Thanks for the hug. Actually, the mention of twigs and berries was more about the invitation to get my brain scanned. I doubt if drinking tea is going to be much help on this one.

Would gladly subject my ailing leg hinge to your attention...though I suspect other attentions might be difficult to avoid.

Tea. fixes. EVERYTHING.

Don't argue with me. It does. you just have to drink enough of the good stuff and it will fix EVERYTHING. I mean, it may not CURE you, but everything will still be BETTER *vigorous nodding*

Tea. fixes. EVERYTHING.

Don't argue with me. It does. you just have to drink enough of the good stuff and it will fix EVERYTHING. I mean, it may not CURE you, but everything will still be BETTER *vigorous nodding*

Given the amount of tea I've consumed in the last three weeks for my laryngitis, the only thing that's getting better is my water bill. And by better, I mean it's getting larger due to greatly increased use of a certain porcelain appliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back