Tigrans' Revenge IC

Draxx

Draxx looked up as the Draconian and the Worgren both walked into the bar and sat down. He looked the Draconian over and nodded a greeting at the fellow and then one for the Worgren. "The name is Draxx and I am but a lowly Lizardman. My friend the Wizard Ardel knew there would be some tough fighting here and as I have had some experience fighting these things before he asked if I wanted to help him. Of course I said yes, nothing I like better than a good fight. It is the only way to prove oneself in my tribe and find a good mate. The more we fight, the bigger we grow, and the harder our scales get. I can't wait to get home so I can enter the growing sleep. Last time I grew a foot and that was after battling demons. This time I actually helped battle that god like demon as well. No telling how much I will grow this time," he laughed with a hissing sound.

"Besides I am sure the girls are missing me. I do not like to leave them alone for very long. People may get the wrong idea and think they can start to mistreat them. I hate when I have to discourage them from doing that." Draxx's face became very dark and foreboding. "Those Bloody Dragon's best hurry up and finish their romp in the hay. I would like to get home quick now the fighting is over."

http://forum.literotica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1352767&d=1387208085

http://forum.literotica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1352771&d=1387208106
 
Last edited:
As the assembly have dismounted, so did the knight, they met each other roughly halfway from their steeds and as the king introduced himself, the knight knelt as was proper. Nodding at the other as they were introduced, then at the news it seemed as if all went still inside the armor of the knight. If shock could be felt, it would have rolled off of the knight in waves.

"No."

The word was soft, broken. Like a child unable to believe the death of a father. "No it...it can't be." The knight rose, unsteady, gauntlet hands rose and lifted the helm free.

45e6043d91e9905d13ed15dc2a3845c3.jpg


Her red hair tumbled free of the helmet, tears welled up in her grey-green eyes, color had fled from her face, she stood pale and almost unable to bear the weight of the armor, "No he can not be dead. No demon could...nobody..." A soft sob interrupted her, "Nothing could..." she paused, blinked away unshed tears, tilting her head as if listening to somebody. Then she straightened up, her jaw set in a firm line.

"We are indeed sorry that we have arrived late to be of support in your war against the demons. The Padre sends provisions to feed your people and skilled masons to help your own to restore your city." From inside her chest plate she withdrew a sealed holder, she knelt as she presented it to the king, "I was said to hand this to you only your highness."

Inside was two scrolls, both had ragged holes through them, blood have touched the outside of the scrolls. Inside of the one scroll was written:

King Goldenmane

We have received a warning that an attack will come to your lands. If this warning comes to you in time, immediately mobilize your people and prepare for battle.

Yours in Faith

Padre of the Church


The second scroll held these words:

King Goldenmane

It is with heavy heart that I write this letter. The knight who presents these scrolls to you will die in your lands. It has been ordained and nothing can be done to prevent this. It is my only hope that his death will not be in vain and that you will find him and honest and caring person and that he treats your own people with respect and compassion.

It is also something that I had not known until I have placed hand to this letter, he holds the healing touch of the Elves and I fear that once he sees enough misery and pain, his vows of fighting all types of magic will abandon him and he will start to heal injured and wounded people. Please do not hold this against him, he does it with a kind heart and a compassion that one does not always see with knights hardened in battle.

We only wish for his body to be returned to us to be properly buried.

Yours in Faith

Padre of the Church


The knight stood up after delivering the letters, "I have to carry the news to my brothers and sisters. If you will excuse me please." She turned and headed back for her horse
 
The ladies arrive at the bar.

Right after Draxx's words of "… I would like to get home quick now the fighting is over." into the bar walked Sanura, Aziza, and Jola (technically she slithered into the bar).

“So this is where you ran off too!” Sanura said to Jonz.

“Well at least this bar has some reptiles in it!” Jola said as she headed toward Jonz. Sanura would have none of that and sprinted in front of her.

“Hand off … he’s all MINE” Sanura said and wrapped her arms around the big draconian.

“Well … then you are my next “squeeze”” Jola said looking at Draxx “I think I have a “crush” on you already!”

Scar elbowed Draxx “Watch it fur 'er hugs … they can be deadly!”

“Oh Scar, be quiet or I’ll tell the story about our little cart ride.” Jola said

“I thought the battles were over for a while … once we got rid of the bugs …. But I guess I was wrong!” Aziza joked and everyone laughed.
 
Gilly looks in the window of the bar, being careful that no one sees her. She smiles as she watches them all being friendly. She is glad they defeated the demons but she knows she must move on. There is no place for a halfling here.
 
The drinks arrived and Jonz cracked open the barrel, tilting it back and pouring it down his gullet. Scar arrived shortly after that, took a seat and got his own drink. This was familiar to Jonz. No matter the race, after a hard-fought battle, it was good to celebrate the victory and in that way honor the dead, showing that their sacrifice had not been in vain.

"If I know dragons, you have a long wait ahead of you Draxx, they seem slow to work up to be passionate and slow to get rid of that passion as well." He downed more of his drink before the ladies arrived. The sight of Jola still made his hade crawl, but he had come to temper his fear when it came to her, she was an ally. Sanura suddenly wrapped, or tried to wrap her arms around him, claimming him to be her's. He chuckled at Aziza's joke. Then reaching into his tunic, he drew out the arrow head pendant and pulled it over his head, "As promised, you can have your family heirloom back." He handed the pendant to Aziza, then finished the barrel of ale and placed the empty container down, "A seat!" He chuckled and rested an arm around Sanura
 
Draxx

Draxx looked at the Naga and was impressed at what he saw. He had no problems with the way she looked and indeed he could appreciate both her forms being part lizard himself. Looking at Scar after he had elbowed him he just grinned. "Oh I am sure I can survive a few hugs from a beautiful woman, especially if those scales are involved. They gleam so beautifully in this light." Draxx turned back to her and smiled his big toothy grin. "Very pleased to meet you my dear. I am Draxx, a poor Lizardman warrior currently working as a doorman of sorts, but on loan to the King of Palamar. He is a friend of mine and I don't mind doing jobs like this for him. I hate these demons and will fight them wherever they turn up." He looked her up and down and his grin got even wider. "I have never seen a woman as beautiful as you before. Your top half has the charm of a human but your lower half has the beauty of Reptile. I must say your scales look absolutely stunning in this light unlike my plain blue and purple ones."
 
Scar's drunk off his ass

Scar had finished his bucket of Ale twenty minutes ago, on his forth bucket of Dragons Blood he's thoroughly drunk. Bleary eyed the huge Worgen stood up too quickly, weaving about like a ship on a stormy sea. Puts a large pawlike hand on Drax's shoulder to brace himself, leans down blinking his eyes to focus on Jola. Pointing a wavering finger in her general direction, with a hiccup he spoke badly slurring his words .

''Aye, teall em at yoou smushed dem punkin sized udders gens meh haed. Damn neer keeled meh wif em yoou daed. An at damn tael ah yoous slithern twix meh laegs, makin ah poor ol' Worgah's yoou knae wha goo whoop!''

Looking to Jonz Scar staggers over to him, he stood with a girl he didn't recognize. The only thing he noticed was that she's hanging on the Draconian like a monkey. ''Joonz meh boyo bout at Knigh at tha gaet I haerd bout, thin tha King gonnae meet wif da Lass yoou saw thaere?'' Scar knew there was a good reason to be there, Jonz only nods not knowing what the hell he's talking about. ''I gots tae goo sae tha King righ away...faer weell folks!''

Scar squints to focus on the Taverns doorway, stubbornly sets his jaw a determined look in his eyes. Staggering drunkenly towards the Tavern exit and careens off the doorjamb. Climbing up into the Taverns ale wagon gathering the reigns, grabs the whip and cracks it over the heads of the Oxen. ''HAAA YOOU FOOKIN BEASTIES!'' Oxen bellow charging off the wagon lurches forward, almost toppling Scar over into the back of the wagon.

Careening around corners sideways scattering pedestrians, roaring out for people to gain way. Soon the main gate finally came into view, pulling mightily on the reigns the Oxen bellow in protest. The wagon slides sideways catching the side of a building, Scar is sent flying out of the wagon and hit the cobbles hard. Opening his eyes only to meet the eyes of the Kings Tiger, the huge Worgen stood snarls loudly staring the massive animal down. It chuffs and lowers it's eyes turns it's head away from Scar.

''Wha yoou graewlin at yoou oer' groown poosycaet ne'er see a Worgah afer?!''

Scar glares at the Kings royal guards and looks up to King Goldenmane weaving drunkenly. Removing the sword and shield of Sir Deson Hild and offers them to the King and him only.

''I haeve sumpin Sur Desoon Haed in Haes shaeld inae coompaertment foor yoou Sire.''
 
Last edited:
Outside the City

King Goldenmane reached out and grabbed the Sword and the Shield from Scar. Looking in the secret compartment in the shield, the king found the scroll explaining that the dispatched knights were to help the army secure the city and to help with keeping the peace. Along with provisions to feed the people, and help with rebuilding.

“Your knowledge of the future is quite accurate.” The king said as he rolled up the scroll. “You are most welcome within the city if you so wish to join us.” The king offered. Then he looked at Scar and said just the right thing for the awkward situation the worgen was in. Maybe that was why he was such a good king.

“Thank You General Scar!” The king said “You celebrate like you commanded my Army … with gusto” He commented and clamped the Worgen on the back. His gaze returned to the holy knights.

“Maut el Feres, Death's Knight, gathered up Sir Deson Hild’s body. He told us the knight was at peace. He also suggested if we wish to honor Sir Deson Hild to bring peace and understanding to the realms. That is what he fought for all his life." The King explained.

The king turned to Scar and clasped hands with the Big Worgen.

“I’d like to have a drink myself … can you take me too the celebration?” The King asked in a whisper to Scar.

Scar simply said “Ayeee” and the two headed back into the city.

The Party at the Tavern

With the arrival of the females the party at the tavern was a lively affair. It seemed Jola and Draxx hit it off as her snake coils soon were wrapped around one of his legs and they were kissing a lot. Aziza even overheard the Naga say to the lizard man “Of course I have one … how do you think we reproduce … trying to find it however is half the fun!” She said in a sexy voice.

Sanura was also all over Jonz, sitting in his lap as her tiger’s tail waved in the draconian face. Jonz tried to bite the tail. It was all done in a playful way. Aziza was sort of the odd person out … but then Isis showed up looking for Scar. She joined the table and sat next to Aziza. The two talked about their adventures. Aziza asked Isis about what would happen with her relationship with Scar. Isis eyes teared up as she shrugged “I’m just happy we are both alive after all that happened. I have not thought too much about the future”
 
Last edited:
Gilly's new home

Gilly turned to walk away but noticed Felina standing behind her.

"You were going to leave and not tell anyone, weren't you?" Felina accused.

"I am not good at good-byes, it is better this way. Besides, it wasn't like we were all friends. We just worked together to get rid of the demons. Now that we did that I need to move on. I am the only half-ling here; I don't fit in." Gilly explained.

Felina looked hurt. "I thought were were friends. I consider you a friend. I know that through that whole fight that if I needed you, you would have been there. How many times did you come to the rescue of others without regard for yourself? That is what a friend does Gilly! You are a friend and have friends and you don't even realize it!
Come on!" Felina said and then grabbed Gilly's hand and pulled her inside the pub.

"Attention everyone! Gilly was just telling me that she has no friends here. How many of you think she is correct?" Felina announced.

The bar was silent.

"Come on, don't do this, there is no one." Gilly hissed.

Suddenly, the door opened behind them and in walked Scar and King Goldenmane.

"Wee Lassy, I would be honored if ye would consider me to be yer friend. You save me arse many time in this great victory!" Scar stated.

Gilly just looked at Scar in shock. Who would have thought a worgen would want to be friends with a half-ling. Gilly couldn't respond because she was too choked. Her eyes shone with unshed tears. Gilly suddenly had her arms wrapped around Scar and didn't even remember moving to get to him.

"Gilly, I would be honored if you would consider Ardalis your home and us your family and friends." Stated King Goldenmane.

Gilly couldn't speak as she looked at the king. She nodded her head and with that Felina was hugging her!

"Welcome home sister!" exclaimed Felina!
 
Jonz gently patted Gilly's shoulder, "Being a half-breed myself, I understand the troubles you go through, all the adversity that you have faced." Sanura's tail waved under his nose again and he took a nip at it, she pulled it quickly away, "Sanura is also a half-ling, yet we are here, we are accepted and believe it or not, so are you."

He gave Gilly one of his toothy grins, his fangs quite prominent on display, "And you can't leave before the wedding." Everybody around the table seemed to grow silent, looking shocked from Jonz to Sanura and back to Jonz again. Jonz just grinned wider, "Not us, them." He pointed from Scar to Isis, "And don't you two even think of denying it, the two of you are perfect for each-other, I doubt the knight saved your life for you to keep living alone Isis and you, general Scar, you need a woman who can put you in your place, but also be able to handle you."
 
The Proposal

"Wee Lassy, I be honored if ye consider me tah be yer friend. You save me ol' arse many time in this great victory!"

Scar was sober now as King Goldenmane offers the drunken Worgen a alcohol diminishing berry lozenge. Accepting the lozenge he popped it into his mouth and quickly sobered up. Gilly just looked at Scar in shock. Who would have thought a worgen would want to be friends with a half-ling. Gilly couldn't respond because she was too choked. Her eyes shone with unshed tears. Gilly suddenly had her arms wrapped around Scar and didn't even remember moving to get to him.

Taking a knee as Gilly had suddenly jumped into his muscular yet gentle arms, returning his little friends embrace he nuzzles the top of her head. Releasing her to be embraced and be welcomed home by everyone else.

"Gilly, I would be honored if you would consider Ardalis your home and us your family and friends." Stated King Goldenmane. Gilly couldn't speak as she looked at the king. She nodded her head and with that Felina was hugging her! "Welcome home sister!" exclaimed Felina![/QUOTE]

Scar saw Isis looking on with tears welling in her beautiful eyes, rising to his feet he went straight over to wrap his love in his arms very tightly. A low growl of affection from Scar could be heard in concert with an equally affectionate purr from Isis. ''I loove ye eternally meh loovely kitteh.'' Dipping Isis low Scar places a deep passionate kiss upon her lips, she would return his deep passionate kiss with an even louder purr. He stood upright with her once more, taking a knee he produced a combined wolf and lion emblem ring. Looking over to Jonz with a wink and grin then back up expectantly to Isis.

''I Meadow Blackclaw...ask fer ye hand in marriage. Isis...my one and only...will ye be my love? my mate? and my wife?''
 
Last edited:
There was no hesitation in Isis’ reply. “Of course, I will!” She answered her voice full of emotion. She dropped to her knees and kissed the big Worgen. The kiss lasted a while, but for the whole time everyone in the bar was cheering. When the kiss ended, Isis placed the ring on her finger.

“It’s beautiful!” She exclaimed looking down at the ring. A wolf and a lion intertwined to form a beautiful golden ring, each having small blue sapphire eyes, it was perfect. Isis’ eyes returned to looking into Scar’s.

“How did you find or make this ring during all the fighting?” Isis asked. Scar just grinned.

“You have been planning this for a while, you sly wolf!” Isis realized with a gasp. She was not angry. She was so happy that tears were rolling out of her eyes. She understood he had planned for this special moment and kept it from her to enhance her joy and surprise.

“I love you!” She purred as they kissed again. There were more cheers from the people in the bar.

As can happen with a public marriage proposal, it was not longer before the couple was separated. All men were congratulating Scar, clapping him on the back and buying him drinks. All the women were circled around Isis congratulating her. It was during this moment that a slightly drunk Jola, with a naughty twinkle in her eyes suggested to Isis “It must be a big wedding … and all those men need to wear their finest clothing!”

Queen Shella had arrived at the tavern looking for the King and had joined in the celebration. She was next to Isis when Jola made her comment. She looked at the sneaky snake woman, clearly trying to cause the men some discomfort, but she also grasped the unintended brilliance of Jola’s suggestion.

“A big formal wedding is just what this city needs! Both you and Scar are heroes of Ardalis and this will be a way for the citizen of Ardalis to thank you. I agree with Jola. Leo and I will pay for your wedding.” She said.

Isis was still glowing from all that had happened today. She nodded and said excitedly “I always wanted a big wedding! Can we have flower girls there … tossing flowers? I love flowers” She said.

“Of course!!” The queen replied.
 
The Heroes of Ardalis filled out of the Tavern slowly after they all had drank their fill. The Tavern keeper happily counts profits and the serving wenches sat dazed from running about. A local that had imbibed a bit too much was laying face down snoring on a table. A kind elderly Tigran couple sat together conversing holding hand in a quiet corner. Even the Tavern cat was now resting undisturbed in a weavers basket nursing her kittens. All was nice and quite calm within the walls of what would be renowned Heroes of Ardalis Tavern.

There was lots of grumbling…but the guys finished getting into their best clothing. They head to the St Vito monastery, the one that had been damaged in the earthquake. Sanura had insisted that was where the wedding should take place. The damage had the advantage that the two dragons could view the ceremony as well. There were two tigran flower girls tossing flowers on the steps before the men entered.

''The earth mother would object to this.'' Ardel said ''waste of perfectly good flowers.'' Frowning at Ardel ''Be quiet Ardel… you are going to piss off Isis.'' Commander Hatur scolded ''Beside you are just the ring bearer…so keep quiet.'' With mock deviousness he spoke ''I will not give up…my precious.'' Ardel joked referring to an old story about a magic ring of power that was popular in the kingdom.

The groomsmen helped seat the guests and then took their place on the right hand side of the church. There was Jonz, Draxx, Skadu, Commander Hatur, Cyclops, and Lord Haki. Wizard Ardel was off to the side and had placed the ring on a silk pillow. Next Queen Shella came in as the last guest and took her special seat. This was Scar queue and he opened a small door and ducked through the opening. ''Fookin small doors.'' he said then realized the church was full of people and just shrugged. Some of the guests were laughing at his comment. He straightened his finery, smiled at them, with a nod and took his place at the head of the groomsmen.

At noon, the monastery bell began to ring…and Isis exited the anteroom and met the King at the entrance to the church. The King took her arm. ''Not too late to change your mind. He is a hand full you know.'' The King stated. Isis laughed ''Yes Sire…He is…and I want him to be MY handful always!'' With a catty grin he spoke ''Ahhh true love!'' the King rumbles a laugh afterwards. The music started to play. The bride’s maids entered first. There was Felina, Gilly, Aziza, Sanura, Jola, Mirri.

The last one in was the King and Isis. The King led her down the aisle and placed her next to Scar. Isis was dressed in white…it was a classy dress but a bit daring. It had a deep neckline that allowed even the casual viewer to get an eyeful of her beautiful breasts. Isis was not nervous and appeared confident in what was about to happen.

Scar was dressed in a Generals dress uniform of deep rich blue. Gold epaulets upon broad shoulders, piping along the collar, cuffs and along the hem of the coat. Gold buttons fasten up the coat and cuffs, the only native metal was that of an Elite Worgen Guardian. White flared trousers, tucked into black flawlessly polished calvary boots, a gold sash holding his gleaming Claymore. He cast a proud loving look upon his beloved Isis, mouthing I loove yoou meh loovely Kitteh to her.
 
Last edited:
Jonz

It had taken sharp words, flaming spells and a few mock bites to convince the helpers that he was not one to be decked out in finery. He stood in his full battle armor...which was a well-used, well-worn and well-kept leather armor. The dark leather was polished to a high sheen, his weapon scabbards was polished, but the weapons themselves gleamed with the dull glint of cleaned weaponry. The only adornation he allowed was a bright blue sash twisted around his weapons belt. The helmet gave him horns and truth be told if he had wings and a tail he would have looked like a small dragon.

He gave a grin when Scar took his place, this was something else, he never had the honor of attending such a moment and he felt almost like a part of something, practically a family.
 
The King moved up to the dais and opened the holy book of Tigrans.

He looked up at the crowd that had gathered, noting the large dragons watching from the back. He smiled at everyone.

“Dear family and friends -we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the marriage of Scar and Isis. Since some of you may not know how our Tigran marriage ceremonies are conducted. I shall explain. The couple will state their intent to get marriage, entangle their tails, exchange vows, and I shall end the ceremony with some advice and introduce the married couple to everyone.

He paused for a moment and then nodded to the smiling couple.

"Since time immemorial, Tigrans have performed ceremonies to mark a transition, a change of status. Today we gather for the happiest of ceremonies – the change of status from single individuals to a married couple. Who plans to formally and publicly make their promises to one another?” The King asked

Scar spoke first “Ah, Scar plan tae marry Isis mah beloved kitteh.”

Then Isis spoke “I, Isis plan to marry my beloved Scar.”

The King nodded “Their marriage intentions has been stated. You may now entangle your tails”

Isis thin cat tail wrapped around Scar’s big wolf tail. There was clapping and cheering from many of the observers. The King continued to speak

“Although this is indeed a high point, marriage is a journey not a destination. Marriage is more than any one single event or promise. It is a series of decisions that have been made, and will continue to be made over and over again, every day, that shows each of their care and concern for the one whom they each love most in the world.

Marriage is a promise that is renewed daily through a couples actions and a responsibility taken on in the spirit of faith, and hope, and love, that brings comfort in times of sadness and heightens our greatest joy.

“Scar please repeat after me ...I, Scar take thee, Isis to be my wedded Wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part”

“I, Scar take thee, Isis ta be meh wedded wife, ta have an ta hauld from this day forward, fer better fer waurs, fer richer fer poorer, in sickness an in health, ta loove an ta cherish, till death us doo part”. Scar said as his eyes twinkle with love.

The king did not say anything as Scar thick accent butchered the vow. He simply turned to Isis and said. "Isis please repeat after me …I, Isis, take thee, Scar, to be my wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, and to cherish, till death us do part”

Isis had tears in her eyes, but she repeated the king’s words correctly.

“The ring please” The king asked and Ardel brought it forward handing it to Scar. Scar placed the ring on Isis's finger as he said “with thes rin' Ah thee wed, wi' my body Ah thee worship, an' wi' all my worldly goods Ah thee endow”

“I pronounce you man and wife. But before I introduce you to everyone I wish to give you some advice” The King said

"It's not diamonds and big events that make a marriage, but the little things—and taking these small, simple steps over time will yield bigger, happier results. Make each other happy each day ... do those little things that make your partner happy. Communicate what you want and listen to what your partner wants. Carefully listen. I think that is the best advice I can give you." The king said.

"Now please turn and face your friends and family." The King instructed. Scar and Isis kissed and then turned to face the crowd. The King was about to announce the couple, but the air in front of him began to ripple. The crowd noticed too ... and there were gasps of concern as an image started to form.
 
A hand touched King Goldenmane's arm, then from the shimmering image stepped The Word. In the shimmering white robe she wore, she appeared ghost-like, her eyes are covered with a white cloth and her black hair seemed even darker now. The knights present all knelt as she stepped forward, she gave them a sad little smile, "I have told you numerous times I am not to be worshiped. Please stand."

She turned to the newly-weds, as she spoke her voice was soft, yet everybody heard her clearly, "You have all fought bravely to free your city, to free your country and to free yourselves. Not only did you succeed, you manage to strike a mighty blow to the plans of the Demon Overlords. Although I have seen what they plan and I know what must be done, I can not tell you any of it as it will change that future." She turned and again stood at the point that she had came into the gathering, directly in front of the King. With her petite, almost translucent form and the King's very visible appearance, the sheer difference of her being was very clear.

"One of your companions was taken from you, Deson Hild. He had bought your victory through the blessing of his blood. He was taken by the one they call the Death Knight to a better place, where he now dwell he is content, the sorrow inside his heart is stilled. He had conveyed to me that you should know a few things. King Goldenmane: Though he had never delivered his message to you in person, he had served you as any knight could and he hope that you will find his actions suitable to that of a knight. Queen Shella: He had never thanked you for risking your own life to save his own. He wishes you have strong children with your good heart. Draxx: For the brief moment that the two of you met, he had seen enough to know your warrior's lust and good heart. He knows that you will be in the future battles to come. Jola: You have done well, a better ambassador for your people there can't be. To the rest of the small band: There is no reason for any of you to have shame, fear or wanderings, you all have a home now. You fought hard, you fought well and you have spilled blood, you are all now a family, you can look around and you will find no stranger, no hate and only acceptance."

She fell silent for a while, her head bowed, "I must now leave, Isis and Scar, may you be blessed and happy." With those words she just vanished without a sound.
 
The whole gathering remained silent after the departure of "the word”. Never had something like this happened before. While the heroes thought about the truth of her words and how each was deeply touched by them, the rest of the gathering was recovering what had transpired. A divine spirit had appeared before them … at Scar and Isis wedding ... it was unthinkable! Finally, someone said what was on everyone's mind.

“The gods have blessed this union … it is holy!” came a shout from the back of the monastery.

Scar had had enough at this point, from having to wear fancy clothing, to trying to speak the wedding vows without an accent … to the interruption by The Word.

“If thes marriage is gonnae be holy … then Isis had better foock th' hell out of me. Now can we complete th' ceremony?” He yelled to the back of gathering.

Everyone burst out laughing … when the laugher died down.

"Let’s try this again … Scar, Isis please turn and face your friends and family." The King instructed. Scar and Isis turned again to face the crowd.

“I would like to introduce Mr. Scar and Mrs. Isis … Wildmeadaw” The King stated as the crowd erupted into applause and cheering. The dragon joined in by firing their breath weapons high into the sky.

It was done ... they were married
 
The Tower...and a startling revelation

In the City of the Church a white tower rose from the centre. It was unmarred, unmarked and unsoiled. The white stones it was made of seemed impervious to any influence this realm could have on it. The roof is flat, at the base three knights and a Paladin, guards each of the four entrances. In a room, close to the top of the tower, The Word was seated at a simple wooden table, in front of her a huge tome. This was The Book.

The slow grinding of a wetstone over metal was the only sound, occasionally the pages fluttered and settled on a new section. The Word still wore her blindfold, still wore her hair loose and was still dressed in a white dress. No breeze disturbed her hair when the pages rustled, no movement came from her or the outside when the pages rustled.

She wrote on a scroll laid out next to the tome, her handwriting neat and precise as she translated what she saw inside the pages. Still the wetstone slid over the metal, on and on and on the sound went. It would have driven anybody but a soldier mad, but it had no effect on The Word at all.

"You could have told them that I'm alive." The was no bitterness, no reproach and no accusation in those words. Just observation. "I couldn't lie to them." She kept writing, "Outside of this tower you are no more, only in here you are still a knight of the Church."

A soft scoff, "I'd rather be dead and go to hell, have my just deserts and all that." The Word placed the feather into the ink-pot and turned her head to the figure, "You sacrificed your life to save others, you're bound for heaven Deson Hild." The knight rested his hands and turned to face her, it was Deson Hild, restored to health and vitality by the hands of Death.

He gave the young girl a wry smile, "Then my services are still required here." The Word favored him with a smile, bright and warm, "Indeed yes, you are to save more lives Deson. Now stop trying to sharpen the blade, it is a Holy weapon, it doesn't require sharpening." She picked up the feather and returned to her study of the tome.
 
Back
Top