What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master went out with a friend of his tonight and he told me that he wanted to hear my voice before he went out :heart:
 
Either someone's been doing some off the books skindiving at the local links, hijacking the driving range, or spending way more money than they should for a practical joke. :rolleyes: Was funny, though.

The balls look new. Very clean and no driving range stripes. Maybe one of the guys owns a store and they are all X-outs. :confused:
 
I love this judge.

THE COURT: I either enter an injunction, which affects Mr. X, which I did, and then your client agrees to be around him, even though she’s suffering from a disability that I would be concerned, but if I’m concerned, I can tell you right now, this Court, if I’m concerned about my safety, I’ll discuss it with my child, what’s going on with the parties, and I ain’t going to be alone with him.

And you, Mr. X, just so that you know, I can’t believe you agreed to it. You know why? Because if I believe her from now on, you’re still mean as hell. And if I believe you, she lies. Why would you want to be anywhere alone with her? I wouldn’t want to be alone with either one of you. And I don’t have the people there, but you know, Mr. X, as a lawyer, if you exchange in the lobby of the Sheriff’s Office, there’s a deputy there on duty all the time. And this woman can say whatever she wants to say, that you did this, you called me a bitch, you called me a piece of shit, you did this, you did the other, there’s a deputy sheriff right there, you got his name, badge number, he doesn’t work for you, he doesn’t work for her, who you can subpoena any time you want, right? If she says this is what he did to me, I’m in the lobby of the Sheriff’s Office.

And I can tell you, it sounds crazy, but I been here fifteen (15) years, and I’ve seen it happen. Somebody come in and says, Judge, she refuses to bring the child. And all of a sudden, the Respondent’s in there with four (4) deputies for four (4) visitation days that she never showed. And she’s saying he’s a liar, he never showed up. Well, I got four (4) deputies, hello. I’m going to deny the injunction at this time. Thank you, folks.​
Names withheld to protect the stupid.
 
SW, I couldn't even begin to follow that transcript. Other than both parties seem stupid. Although the Judge, IMHO, seemed a little off too. But maybe I missed something.

As to what made me smile today?

Peanut Butter.

And no, not a perverted use of peanut butter, either.


Oh, and Tiger. Tiger made me smile. His birdie putt today was really remarkable. I'm still smiling thinking about it.

~LB
 
Last edited:
SW, I couldn't even begin to follow that transcript. Other than both parties seem stupid. Although the Judge, IMHO, seemed a little off too. But maybe I missed something.
Both parties are stupid, even though (because?) one of them is an attorney. Their testimony was often irrelevant, inconsistent, self-contradicting, and (IMNSHO) perjurious as all hell - both of them. If I were a juror, I wouldn't have believed one word in five from either of them.

The Judge is a little off, but he's as funny as our better stand-up comedians. He speaks his mind, and doesn't put up with a bunch of nonsense. The comments that really tickled me were, "if I believe her... you’re still mean as hell. And if I believe you, she lies," and "I wouldn’t want to be alone with either one of you." I cracked up and had to stop typing for a minute after that.
 
The slight burn still under the meat of my ass bringing the soft reminder of last night. :heart:

Waking up and swearing I could feel his arm around me kissing my head as he left for work then looking at the clock and realizing he probably was heading to work but my happy ass was going back to bed.
 
My dogs and their antics.

Badger, the youngest, has a real infatuation with the tennis ball. The other toys she doesn't give a monkeys about, but the tennis ball is hers. She sat with it in her mouth and Scrappy, the eldest went near her. Badger's reaction? A deep, throaty growl followed by 2 large echoing barks with the heckles on the back of her neck stood right up.

TOUCH MY BALL, FEEL MY BARK.

rofl.
 
I'm surprised. I got 7 out of 10 right in a quiz about names of Star Trek characters versus names of erectile dysfunction drugs.

Quiz is here.
 
I'm surprised. I got 7 out of 10 right in a quiz about names of Star Trek characters versus names of erectile dysfunction drugs.

Quiz is here.

So, trekkie, or just know your erectile dysfunction drugs well? :D


(I got a 4 out of 10, so I am clueless on both)
 
Bailey's!!! :D

Oh, and on the previously mentioned quiz, I got two right. Considering my age, I guess that would be about right. Considering my college major, that would be all wrong (oops, sorry pharmacology professor!). But I did get 7 out of 10 right on the Ben & Jerry's vs. MySpace Bands!
 
Flight of the Conchords. Holy cow those guys make me laugh my arse off!

Also, David Sedaris, another rib tickler.

I love to laugh.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top